Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th May 2024, 13:52   #3766
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Re: The IPL Thread

Expectedly the thread is quite after a terribly one-sided IPL Final! On one hand SRH held the record for the highest score of 270 odd in the tournament & on the other hand they made the lowest score in an IPL Final. But credit to SRH for their over aggressive approach in the powerplay which made the tournament exciting. It was bound to fail sooner than later. The celebrations of KKR were muted if you compare it to RCB when they won against CSK some 10 days ago!
Old 27th May 2024, 14:15   #3767
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPS View Post
...The celebrations of KKR were muted if you compare it to RCB when they won against CSK some 10 days ago!
Probably because they deserved it more than anyone else. They literally topped the charts, decimated all teams and were dominant throughout.
It was a celebration where they knew they deserved it and had it. Kinda "No Big Deal".
ValarMorghulis is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 27th May 2024, 14:26   #3768
BHPian

As a team KKR excelled this season. Sad that there was no fight in the final for them to perform even better.

Dont understand Ambati Rayudu's continuous dig at Virat Kohli. To say that Virat's contribution has not helped RCB is true. But he keeps going almost everyday now with snide remarks which is kind of sad.

Last edited by PreludeSH : 27th May 2024 at 14:28.
Old 27th May 2024, 14:29   #3769
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by PreludeSH View Post
Dont understand Ambati Rayudu's continuous dig at Virat Kohli. .
He feels betrayed by Kohli after his non-selection in the 2019 World Cup. Kohli had earlier confirmed that Rayudu will bat 4 but then 3D replaced him.
Eddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th May 2024, 15:55   #3770
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PreludeSH View Post
Dont understand Ambati Rayudu's continuous dig at Virat Kohli.
Star Sports lowered their standard by hiring Rayadu in the first place! He went on & on about Virat while forgetting that Harshal Patel was the highest wicket-taker this season, he could have given that as an example as well!
PPS is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th May 2024, 06:27   #3771
Senior - BHPian

With KKR and Gautam Gambhir essaying an impeccable journey throughout the tournament, the cricket extravaganza has come to an end, for now. Among discussions on how it was easily organised even in the midst of general elections and how the power centres at BCCI have shifted of late, here's a jhalak of all the heroes of this season.
Attached Thumbnails
The IPL Thread-img_20240528_062142.jpg  

dailydriver is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th May 2024, 11:03   #3772
BHPian

My IPL 2024 XI

A Sharma
S Narine
V Kohli
S Samson
H Klassen (wk)
R Parag
A Russel
K Yadav
P Cummins (C)
J Bhumrah
H Rana

Impact players
Sandeep Sharma
V Chakravarthy
R Patidar
N Reddy
Old 28th May 2024, 11:16   #3773
Distinguished - BHPian

As someone who is certainly not a Kohli fan (my only reason to celebrate RCB not winning an IPL yet, even as a born and lifelong Bangalorean, is my dislike for Kohli), I still don't understand how people say he's not helping the team. Highest run-getter by a fair margin, a very decent strike rate, part of Cricinfo's team of the tournament. I mean, numbers don't lie.
Old 28th May 2024, 11:46   #3774
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by am1m View Post
As someone who is certainly not a Kohli fan (my only reason to celebrate RCB not winning an IPL yet, even as a born and lifelong Bangalorean, is my dislike for Kohli), I still don't understand how people say he's not helping the team. Highest run-getter by a fair margin, a very decent strike rate, part of Cricinfo's team of the tournament. I mean, numbers don't lie.
The strike rate was not decent till the last 6 matches. It did improve when people started criticizing him and when it improved RCB started winning matches. And now he has a decent strike rate if you take the overall average.
padmrajravi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th May 2024, 14:25   #3775
Senior - BHPian

Kohli's on field antics are embarrassing to watch! Don't like that guy for this reason alone.
Latheesh is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 28th May 2024, 14:27   #3776
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Kohli's on field antics are embarrassing to watch! Don't like that guy for this reason alone.
Lol, and I love him for that same reason. He comes as a package. He won't score those runs without that drive.
Eddy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th May 2024, 14:40   #3777
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by padmrajravi View Post
The strike rate was not decent till the last 6 matches. It did improve when people started criticizing him and when it improved RCB started winning matches. And now he has a decent strike rate if you take the overall average.
Outside Noise worked wonders! Something which he never cares about apparently.
PPS is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 30th May 2024, 14:30   #3778
BHPian

The best thing about KKR this season was that they played as a team where everyone made his contributions. If you see, hardly anyone talked about the batting of Salt or the two Iyers, yet they contributed in almost every game. Same goes about the bowling of Chakravarthy and two young seamers (Vaibhav & Harshit). And I feel happy for them because they have been playing good cricket for last few years. I still remember Dhoni’s words after 2021 final- ‘If any team deserves to win this year’s IPL, it’s the KKR.’

Last edited by Aakash118 : 30th May 2024 at 14:31.
Aakash118 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks