Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 3rd April 2024, 18:06   #3631
Senior - BHPian

Re: The IPL Thread (Fantasy game league details on pg 238)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPS View Post
I see nothing wrong with the money part! Hardik enjoys a monopoly in India as the only seam bowling All-rounder in the country (please don't give example of Dubey). And he's making best use of the meagre resources India has in this category. Its another thing that his hitting skills have diminished compared to earlier. If he felt he could earn more in some other franchisee, MI did the right thing back then to let him go else he'd have been unhappy at MI.

Not sure when this happened.

Dhoni & Virat are certified legends! Hardik is not even close.
I agree with you.
No harm in making more money as everyone needs it. However, there is a way to go about it. If fans feel they are betrayed they have the right to dislike you or boo you when they want to. More than Hardik it's the fault of MI management how all this saga has been handled. Quite immature. Anyways enough about this. All this hulla bulla won't matter if MI starts winning matches or Hardik plays in World cup. All will be forgotten.

Dube won't work out at international level. Not only his bowling ineffective but his batting technique will be found out very fast on that level. He doesn't moves his feet and that's why he struggles against genuine pacers against short balls. His strength lies in spin bashing only.

I hope Mayank is drafted soon in Indian team when he is hot and fiery. Like Brett Lee mentioned such pace isn't sustainable for a long time so Indian team should use it now. He can be the X factor in World cup. Even Mohit Sharma is another one whose slower balls will be very handy on West Indies pitches.
Old 4th April 2024, 16:53   #3632
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
I agree with you.
No harm in making more money as everyone needs it. However, there is a way to go about it. If fans feel they are betrayed they have the right to dislike you or boo you when they want to. More than Hardik it's the fault of MI management how all this saga has been handled. Quite immature. Anyways enough about this. All this hulla bulla won't matter if MI starts winning matches or Hardik plays in World cup. All will be forgotten.
Agree with you on the immature handling of all this by MI management, they fumbled this big time.

I think fans do not have problem with Hardik moving to MI but it is the captaincy change and the way it was handled and communicated that has irked the fans. Add to it the cryptic tweet from Bumrah and not so cryptic tweet from Rohit's wife about the captaincy change.

Last edited by y448 : 4th April 2024 at 16:54. Reason: quote not showing properly
Old 4th April 2024, 18:02   #3633
BHPian

What next for MI Management? Try to poach Nehra as their coach?
Old 6th April 2024, 13:09   #3634
BHPian

And now this:

The IPL Thread-fb_img_1712389036931.jpg

Source: https://thecricketlounge.com/rohit-s...AiEQke7bjZPwjI
Old 6th April 2024, 13:23   #3635
Distinguished - BHPian

In between all this no one is finger pointing MI franchisee itself, this is such blatant use of money power to do what they please. They should have waited for mega auction, this is not a mid season trade it's flexing your money muscle. God knows how much they paid to RCB to pay 18 cr for green so they can free up purse. Just dirty politics played by MI management.

Hardik just ended up being a pawn in this show of power, Yes he would have made money, but all this is destroying his confidence with every passing game and T20 WC is just around the corner.
AtheK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2024, 15:28   #3636
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJD@NewDelhi View Post
Clickbait story. No way MI going to offer captaincy back to Rohit just after 3 games and with mega auctions next year and with only 3-4 players(Hardik,SKY,Bumrah,Tilak) can retain before auctions, MI neither going to retain Rohit.

Last edited by rx100 : 6th April 2024 at 15:31.
rx100 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2024, 18:35   #3637

Quote:
Originally Posted by rx100 View Post
Clickbait story. No way MI going to offer captaincy back to Rohit just after 3 games and with mega auctions next year and with only 3-4 players(Hardik,SKY,Bumrah,Tilak) can retain before auctions, MI neither going to retain Rohit.
Right time for CSK to buy Rohit and play him for the next four years
n.arun01 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th April 2024, 20:18   #3638
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtheK View Post
Just dirty politics played by MI management.
Hardik Pandya / MI management & their PR is in overdrive mode now covering Hardik's visit to Somnath temple!

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.arun01 View Post
Rohit will be 37 this month & his fitness standards are nowhere near Virat or Dhoni! I highly doubt he will continue to play for another 4yrs.
Old 6th April 2024, 20:51   #3639

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.arun01 View Post
My thoughts exactly. Rohit in Yellow would be great haha, however his form or fitness might be. He is an IPL legend.
Old 6th April 2024, 23:44   #3640
BHPian

Same old story for RCB, Virat Kohli plays a fine ODI knock eating up 60% of deliveries, others batters do nothing and the opponent chases the target easily. It’s time the think-tank of RCB is fired and team is overhauled!
Old 8th April 2024, 14:26   #3641
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by am1m View Post

And great going by Mayank Yadav. Very early days, of course, but an additional pacer is always welcome!
Walks out with a side strain in yesterday match bowling just one over.
AtheK is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th April 2024, 07:44   #3642

CSK doing CSK things. Give a slow pitch and strangle. I’m not complaining, was a better game yesterday, a good change from all the absolute nhai roads in some venues.

Removing Rahane was a good move.

Last edited by KarthikK : 9th April 2024 at 13:01. Reason: Minor typo correction
Old 10th April 2024, 14:18   #3643
BHPian

Mayank Yadav is having fitness issue after bowling just 8 total overs in IPL. Hope he is looked after since his consistent pace with line and length is very rare. But no one can help him with fitness if its how he is
PreludeSH is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th April 2024, 20:48   #3644
BHPian

Is Jaiswal’s form a point of worry ahead of WC? He hasn’t been able to survive the powerplay in any game till now. I’ve also been thinking that India should have a WK as the opening partner of Rohit in WC, else a match winner like Rinku Singh will have to sit out of playing XI. The top seven should be like this.
Rohit
A WK (Pant, Samson or Kishan)
VK
SKY
Hardik
Rinku
RJ/Axar
Old 10th April 2024, 21:17   #3645

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aakash118 View Post
Is Jaiswal’s form a point of worry ahead of WC?
Not really. He was just hitting double centuries for fun a month ago. He is just not able to adjust back to T20s quickly due to less experience (at least this is the reason some commentators gave).
I would give the likes of him a spot in the 15.
I’m of the opinion Rohit and Kohli should open, Gill at 3, Sanju at 4, Hardik, Jadeja, Rinku would be my top 7.
I would absolutely not pick SKY. Mr. 360 vs Zimbabwe, Netherlands and Sri Lanka and not much else. Last T20 WC, in the must win match against Pak he scored 15(10) and in the semis he scored 14(10), in ODI WC finals he scored 18 or 20. He is the definition of “choker”. He is also just back from a big surgery. If anyone knows Agarkar, tell him this

Most Viewed