Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th August 2016, 00:58   #976
BHPian

Re: All Income Tax Queries (refunds, disputes, rates etc...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
To be frank - the income tax department has been working very hard on computerization of return processing as well as so called "360 degree visibility" on financial transactions for over five years now, with multiple IT vendors, and this is the fruit of their hard labour, across multiple governments in power.
True, India's Income Tax Dept invested in a Teradata system 7 yrs ago & then started crosslinking all the various databases like bank, credit card, RTO, property data - now they are adding Aadhaar too.
Old 4th August 2016, 07:09   #977
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by callvvijay View Post
A noob question - Is it mandatory to include the interest accrued on savings account as part of our income??
Yes. Scroll back a few pages where this was discussed. In summary, all your interest income (savings account, bank/NBFC/corporate FD etc.) need to be entered as Interest Income and for the savings account interest alone, you can claim a deduction of max 10K under section 80TTA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsurya View Post
True, India's Income Tax Dept invested in a Teradata system 7 yrs ago & then started crosslinking all the various databases like bank, credit card, RTO, property data - now they are adding Aadhaar too.
Heh - just around the time Bigdata-based systems were gaining popularity. :-)

Though I'd like to see a reference that IT department is crosslinking data from RTO. As for property data - it is still largely voluntary, isn't it?

And don't know what they can get with Aadhar that they couldn't with PAN.
Old 4th August 2016, 09:53   #978
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
And don't know what they can get with Aadhar that they couldn't with PAN.
Aadhar is optional. Only thing I can think of is cross check if more than one pan linked to same aadhar, and intern knows misuse of Pan. All assuming those with duplicate pan will dumb enough into link aadhar. Its different once rule makes is mandatory!
Old 4th August 2016, 10:54   #979
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaguHolla View Post
Only thing I can think of is cross check if more than one pan linked to same aadhar, and intern knows misuse of Pan. All assuming those with duplicate pan will dumb enough into link aadhar. Its different once rule makes is mandatory!
Yes of course, we have to assume that someone is sufficiently duplicitous to have multiple PANs yet stupid enough to link all of them to the same Aadhar.

Aadhar cannot be made mandatory; supreme court has made that point clear repeatedly.
Old 4th August 2016, 11:10   #980
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
Aadhar cannot be made mandatory; supreme court has made that point clear repeatedly.
As per current laws, and statuary laws concerning aadhar; yes it can not be made mandatory (at-lease for income tax purpose). However Laws can be amended.
Old 4th August 2016, 11:15   #981
Senior - BHPian

Any idea why my TRACES shows higher income against SBI FDs than the actual interest earned on the fixed deposits.
I have already factored in the 10% TDS from the fixed deposit maturity ... even then there is a discrepancy.
Old 4th August 2016, 11:19   #982
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Anyone tried the e-Verify option this year to verify your submitted IT returns ?
I used net banking for this and it seemed to be taking forever but the IT website page did come up after like 5 minutes or so and then clicking e-Verify almost instantaneously brought up the successful message page
Old 4th August 2016, 12:13   #983
BHPian

Yes,you have to include SB A/c interest accrued under income..And you can only claim upto Rs 10k under Sec 80TTA ACROSS all savings bank accounts in your name and not each.
Old 5th August 2016, 19:17   #984
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satanic_dude View Post
S_U_N, this could be because you're trying to access the site through an office computer that has its server somewhere else in the world, like Singapore or Hong Kong. The site works fine if you launch via your home PC, broadband or mobile internet.
You were correct. I was logged on to VPN when I tried this (on both occasions) without success.
Today, I was without VPN and I could see the Form 26AS.

I am happy to report that the self-assessment tax that I had paid on 16 July was finally showing up in my 26AS.
Old 8th August 2016, 13:00   #985
BHPian

I had deposited some self assessment tax at a nearly bank branch via Challan 280.
I want to know where does this amount reflects online in my account. I can't see the same in my Form 26AS.

Thanks.
Old 8th August 2016, 13:03   #986
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherlocked View Post
I had deposited some self assessment tax at a nearly bank branch via Challan 280.
I want to know where does this amount reflects online in my account. I can't see the same in my Form 26AS.

Thanks.
It should eventually reflect but data entry of manually submitted payments takes a few weeks.

Form 26AS is the right place. Even if it doesn't reflect just yet you can enter the challan number, BSR code etc details from your paper challan and submit your return if you haven't done so already.
Old 8th August 2016, 13:12   #987
BHPian

Quote:
It should eventually reflect but data entry of manually submitted payments takes a few weeks.

Form 26AS is the right place. Even if it doesn't reflect just yet you can enter the challan number, BSR code etc details from your paper challan and submit your return if you haven't done so already.
Thanks! And that is good to know that it takes some time.

And yes I have mentioned the BSR code and some other number while submitting the return. Hope it gets processed.
Old 8th August 2016, 13:30   #988
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks! And that is good to know that it takes some time.

And yes I have mentioned the BSR code and some other number while submitting the return. Hope it gets processed.
Lesson learnt is to pay online and then submit your return. Speeds up its processing quite fast as an added bonus.
Old 8th August 2016, 13:43   #989
BHPian

Quote:
Lesson learnt is to pay online and then submit your return. Speeds up its processing quite fast as an added bonus.
Definitely I am all in for anything that moves fast and who likes standing in a queue! But there was a problem with my online banking a/c that day. Hence the manual payment.
Old 8th August 2016, 13:49   #990
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Definitely I am all in for anything that moves fast and who likes standing in a queue! But there was a problem with my online banking a/c that day. Hence the manual payment.
The second lesson learnt is to pay tax well in advance and file returns, and not wait for aug 1, aug 5 or whatever the deadline is

That, and paying advance tax periodically if you have some income that does not reflect in your form 16, such as interest, capital gains etc.

Seriously - that is something even the incometaxindia site keeps saying.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks