Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th July 2022, 20:17   #2191
Senior - BHPian

Re: All Income Tax Queries (refunds, disputes, rates etc...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by marsbhp View Post
I am not sure what to do during this IT filing cycle.
  1. Figure out which of ITR-1 or ITR-2 is applicable to you.
  2. Fill it up. Show 0 salary income. There might be capital gains, interest/dividend income, house property income.
  3. Check your 26AS and AIS and make sure everything there is accounted for.
  4. You might even be eligible for some tax refund.
  5. File and do the post-filing verification.
binand is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2022, 20:21   #2192
BHPian

Quote:

My wife has been transferring money to my account for the last few months for taking care of household expenses and such. I am not sure what to do during this IT filing cycle. Obviously, I do not have any Form 16 or any income to show in my account. How do I go about this? Any pointers will be welcome!!

Cheers,
Ram
My suggestion is to still file Nil IT return even though you don't have salary income in last FY.

Please check whether you have any amount from savings bank account interest or any FD or any dividend from past investment. Your wife transferring money to you does not come under income but any gains from it like savings bank interest will come under income.

It can very well be a minuscule amount below the threshold but you can file ITR with it. It will always be a good idea to file returns continuously and it will be helpful for you in the long run when you are establishing professionally.

PS: I am sure you will bounce back this year from the troubles and wishing the best for you.
thanixravindran is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2022, 21:12   #2193
Senior - BHPian

So paid the demanded tax for AY 21-22 FY 20-21 and started the process for 'revised tax'. When I try to file for an 'Updated Return' for ITR-2, it takes me to page where I have to upload the json. Previously, when I had filed, I did not have to use the utility and it was fully online. Now I have to learn this utility. I am thinking of paying a CA to get it sorted. What a headache.
govigov is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2022, 00:42   #2194
BHPian

Quote:
I am not sure what to do during this IT filing cycle. Obviously, I do not have any Form 16 or any income to show in my account. How do I go about this? Any pointers will be welcome!!

Cheers,
Ram
In case you received your EPF withdrawal / Gratuity etc. during the FY in consideration, that would have to be shown.

Check out if the following are applicable to you:
- Interest received on SB accounts (exempt upto 10000) / Fixed deposits
- Dividends credited to your account
- Interest on previous year's IT refund
- Interest for the year on existing PPF / NSC etc.
- Capital gains
Fx14 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2022, 14:12   #2195
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqMaster View Post
Hello Everyone.

I am trying to file my tax returns using Government website. However I get an error that my name doesnt match with my PAN CARD. I have tried various permutation and combinations of First Name last Name etc. But I still get the error.

I have tried using ClearTax too. A similar error is encountered.

While the spelling of my name matches with my Aadhar card it looks like there maybe a difference in how my entire name is given in Last name or First name.

1. Any pointers on how to file myreturns with this issue being present?
2. Any method available on how to find out what is my First name and last name in my PAN card? The Card shows my entire name in one line properly. But doesnt show what is my First name and Last name . Since I received my PAN card about 15 years ago, I dont recall how I had given in the application back then.

PS: This year would be the first year I am required to file my taxes for my salary slab.
I faced similar name mismatch issue for the first time registering of one of my relative onto Income Tax portal and the below Youtube video helped. Apparently the name can be checked on an alternate site and that correct name need to be used on the TAX portal.

Youtube Video:

Link to get PAN card full name: https://mahagst.gov.in/en/payments

Hope this helps, let us know if this helped you resolve the issue

Cheers
narayanang76
Old 26th July 2022, 14:44   #2196
BHPian

A new one for me so any advice/guidance would be great. I had received a bonus amount (conditional on me sticking with my current organization for 1 year) in FY 2021 - 2022 that I have had to return now (in FY 2022 - 2023) since I am leaving soon.

My doubt now, is whether I can show the reduced income for FY 2021 - 2022 (the form 16 provided by the company shows the bonus amount) while filing ITR. If so, there will definitely be a mismatch and refund involved here. I guess I do have the bank statement to prove that I have returned the amount.

Or will the Form 16 I get from my current employer next year show that I returned the bonus amount and can I show reduced income in FY 2022 - 2023? If so, then how do I prove to my next employer that I returned the bonus so that they reduce the TDS.
Old 26th July 2022, 15:07   #2197
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JithinR View Post
A new one for me so any advice/guidance would be great. I had received a bonus amount (conditional on me sticking with my current organization for 1 year) in FY 2021 - 2022 that I have had to return now (in FY 2022 - 2023) since I am leaving soon.

My doubt now, is whether I can show the reduced income for FY 2021 - 2022 (the form 16 provided by the company shows the bonus amount) while filing ITR. If so, there will definitely be a mismatch and refund involved here. I guess I do have the bank statement to prove that I have returned the amount.

Or will the Form 16 I get from my current employer next year show that I returned the bonus amount and can I show reduced income in FY 2022 - 2023? If so, then how do I prove to my next employer that I returned the bonus so that they reduce the TDS.
I believe this will be the scenario:
1) Your income details for FY 2021 - 2022 has to be the same, including the bonus as that is the income you received before 31st Mar 2022
2) When you leave your company in FY 2022 - 2023, ideally they should give you the statement / settlement that includes the returning of the bonus (as advance received from employee)
3) In FY 2022 - 2023, you will have income from both your old and new organizations, the total income from these 2 companies, by excluding the bonus amount is the right income you should be taxed during this FY 2022 - 2023

Cheers
narayanang76
narayanang76 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2022, 17:10   #2198
BHPian

Quote:

Hope this helps, let us know if this helped you resolve the issue
Hello Narayananng76 - Thank you very much for your help in sending across the video. I tried the steps by going to the Maharastra Government website listed but I received an error that my PAN is NOT listed in NSDL.

Anyways, few days ago I applied for change in my PAN name. I do not know what my name is but using the e-KYC feature listed in NSDL website I have applied for my corrected PAN to contain the same First, Middle and Last name as my aadhar card. The only negative - we cannot really modify much and whatever is in the aadhar card would get autopopulated in PAN.

My Question is - the last date for ITR filing is end of this month which is about 5 days away. My Corrected PAN would take about 2 more weeks to arrive. I am not going to be able to file my ITR on time.

What are my options? Would I be required to letgo of my returns if I receive any? Should I report my situation ahead of time somewhere in the Government or Income tax department so that they know my case is a legitimate case of delay? Would I have to pay any fine?

Request you all to shed some light on this.
Old 26th July 2022, 18:00   #2199
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
  1. Figure out which of ITR-1 or ITR-2 is applicable to you.
  2. Fill it up. Show 0 salary income. There might be capital gains, interest/dividend income, house property income.
  3. Check your 26AS and AIS and make sure everything there is accounted for.
  4. You might even be eligible for some tax refund.
  5. File and do the post-filing verification.
Thank you for your suggestions. Will definitely check the points suggested by you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thanixravindran View Post
My suggestion is to still file Nil IT return even though you don't have salary income in last FY.

PS: I am sure you will bounce back this year from the troubles and wishing the best for you.
Thank you for your suggestions an your wishes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fx14 View Post
In case you received your EPF withdrawal / Gratuity etc. during the FY in consideration, that would have to be shown.

Check out if the following are applicable to you:
- Interest received on SB accounts (exempt upto 10000) / Fixed deposits
- Dividends credited to your account
- Interest on previous year's IT refund
- Interest for the year on existing PPF / NSC etc.
- Capital gains
Thank you for your suggestions. Will definitely keep these points in mind.

Thanks everyone!! Gives me greater clarity on what to do.

Cheers,
Ram
Old 26th July 2022, 18:14   #2200
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqMaster View Post
My Question is - the last date for ITR filing is end of this month which is about 5 days away. My Corrected PAN would take about 2 more weeks to arrive. I am not going to be able to file my ITR on time.
You don't need to wait till you receive the PAN card physically or in email, you can keep checking everyday if the PAN database has been updated with the new name and once confirmed, submit your ITR on the same day.

In case you miss the deadline due to the mismatch in PAN/Aadhar, you have to bear the consequences like penalty etc.

Last edited by skumare : 26th July 2022 at 18:17.
Old 26th July 2022, 18:21   #2201
BHPian

Query: Last year (AY2021-2022) there was some issue in my e-verification and i did not complete my ITR submission and after which i completely forgot it . Since I already crossed final due date for submission which was 31 March 2021, kindly advice me the next steps to file ITR for AY2021-2022. I've already paid taxes for the same.
Old 26th July 2022, 18:27   #2202
Distinguished - BHPian

One of my relatives (senior citizen) filed his return last month with a refund due of ~8k. He got the intimation yesterday about the return processing complete with no demand/refund.

From what I have seen, the deposit/pension amounts he filled in match up with what is reflected in his Form 26AS/AIS. The only difference is in 80C deductions. These don’t reflect on his Form16 (pension).

Anybody encountered this before? What is the best way forward? Can he file a revised return with the same particulars?
Old 26th July 2022, 22:51   #2203
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrossLife View Post
Query: Last year (AY2021-2022) there was some issue in my e-verification and i did not complete my ITR submission and after which i completely forgot it . Since I already crossed final due date for submission which was 31 March 2021, kindly advice me the next steps to file ITR for AY2021-2022. I've already paid taxes for the same.
No, one cannot file a return beyond the completion of assessment year now. You can file it as a response to the IT notice with penalty or please check with a CA whether you can apply for condonation of delay which once approved can be used to file without penalty.

https://cleartax.in/s/how-to-file-in...for-last-years
thanixravindran is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th July 2022, 08:26   #2204
BHPian

I had filed the return and paid the excess tax and my page never refreshed post paying the tax in Netbanking site. Now I have the tax paid receipt and had to file the return with the Pay Later option since there is no option to upload the receipt.

Has anyone else faced the same issue? Do I need to revise the return filing again in any way or send a mail with tax receipt to any government mail ID? Any pointers would be helpful. Thanks in Advance!
Old 27th July 2022, 08:38   #2205
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by whencut86 View Post
Now I have the tax paid receipt and had to file the return with the Pay Later option since there is no option to upload the receipt.
I don't know how the Pay Later thingy works. But after the tax is deducted you will get a taxpayer's counterfoil (banks I think allow you to download this at any later date too; for example in HDFC Bank it is inside Netbanking side menu, Transact > Regenerate Direct Tax Challan. Reach out to your bank through RM/BM if such an option doesn't exist). You are expected to enter the details from this challan counterfoil in the Schedule TTI of your return and recompute the tax liability.
binand is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks