Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st September 2020, 09:24   #1651
Senior - BHPian

Re: All Income Tax Queries (refunds, disputes, rates etc...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediKnight View Post
Are there other ways to contact the AO since the methods you listed above have clearly not worked. Can we somehow get the email-id/phone number of the AO and contact them directly?
You can file an RTI application asking for information and details. The IT department has a legal obligation to respond.
Old 1st September 2020, 11:59   #1652
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediKnight View Post
From your post it seem to me that the correct way to handle this is to contact the AO. Are there other ways to contact the AO since the methods you listed above have clearly not worked. Can we somehow get the email-id/phone number of the AO and contact them directly?
I did try multiple mails to AO, no luck yet. I think only way is to meet AO in person and request.
Old 1st September 2020, 12:23   #1653
BHPian

Re: Wrong SFT-005 entries in my 26AS !

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrprabhu View Post
Quite surprising that there is a problem with the data reported by both the Banks! Do you have 'sweep in - sweep out' facility with them?

Alternately, could this be a technical glitch at Income Tax Dept.'s side?

As I said, no new FDs at all in IDBI since FY 2016-17, -- not even through sweep in.

As for SBI, something similar to 'sweep in - sweep out' happened through a series of manually opened short-term FDs with surplus money. Those were sometimes renewed, and spent at other times. All were encashed during the FY 2019-20 itself.

Here is an explanation from the 26AS:
Quote:
"Notes for SFT: -

1. Amount shown for SFT-005 and SFT-010 is as per below formula:-

Aggregate gross amount received from the Person (-) Aggregate gross amount paid to the Person"

So there was no scope of adding up to any substantial amount, let alone 10 lakhs or more! I wonder how the SFT-005 even got triggered!

Anyway, I've asked for clarification from each bank. Let's wait and see.
Old 6th September 2020, 21:54   #1654
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by concorde24 View Post
I did try multiple mails to AO, no luck yet. I think only way is to meet AO in person and request.
Should be the last option. As recommended by someone, you can file an RTI to the income tax office in your city asking for the official email of the ITO concerned. You could also try checking the contact details here:
https://www.incometaxindia.gov.in/Pa...-us/index.aspx

I just checked and the details over here for my city are outdated by a few years!!! If you send an RTI please ask them when the same was last updated!

Better to check the national income tax department directory:

https://www.incometaxindia.gov.in/Do...-directory.pdf

This is available on the home page. https://www.incometaxindia.gov.in

Please check the AO who you file your return under and contact that same person.

Last edited by guptavis : 6th September 2020 at 22:00.
Old 7th September 2020, 02:23   #1655
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by guptavis View Post
m I just checked and the details over here for my city are outdated by a few years!!! If you send an RTI please ask them when the same was last updated!

Please check the AO who you file your return under and contact that same person.
Don’t go the RTI route for this. Speaking from personal experience

1. Meet the AO concerned and it is often sorted out quickly if the officer is one of the younger batch recruited from the IRS ranks. If the person is one of the other sort that takes two hour lunch breaks, still make some effort to meet the AO or his / her clerk to present your case

2. If not sorted at the AO level or not addressed there (you keep getting told to come tomorrow) then file a grievance through the income tax department’s eNivaran process itself https://www1.incometaxindiaefiling.g...ePrelogin.html
Old 7th September 2020, 10:56   #1656
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by concorde24 View Post
Suggest that you can try the following options -

1. Use the e-nivaran i.e. complaint redressal option in income tax portal itself - if you have not already done. The complaint will be followed up by higher ups.

2. If there is no response within a week or 10 days, use the CPGRAMS portal for complaint. This goes directly to Central Govt and head of the department concerned.
vrprabhu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th September 2020, 07:58   #1657
BHPian

Buggy ITR-1, 2020-21 Java utility !

Hello friends,

Have any of you guys successfully filed the AY 2020-21 return yet, using the ITR-1 Java utility (latest version, PR2)? This version seems to be seriously buggy, but the IT dept. has not published any updates since 08-07-2020 !

Here are the problems I'm facing:

1. Re-calculation doesn't work! I'd paid self-assessment tax in several instalments after I'd filled the ITR-1 initially. However, any new amounts paid (and entered in the form subsequently) are just ignored during re-calculation!

So I started all over again from scratch! But although it did consider all new amounts this time, and computed my tax liability and payments correctly, in line #17 of "Part D Computation of Tax Payable" it does not add up the Total Tax correctly (just shows zero) ! So, since full tax amount was already paid, the ITR-1 insists on refunding the full amount to me! So I'm stuck. How do I get around this problem and complete filing my return?

There is another issue too (that has persisted from last year!):

The ITR-1 form validates successfully when I click the 'Validate' button, but when I try to save it, first it says:

"Form is validated successfully", then asks for a file name to save in. However, when I do that, it says:

" ITR is validated with errors. Please verify/rectify from the right pane and proceed"

The problem is, the right pane is blank (i.e. shows no errors)!!!

Last year I could not get around this issue, but since the xml file was generated, filed my return with that anyway! Thankfully CPC didn't find any issues, and my return was accepted and closed!

But how do I get around the real issue described above, and stop the IT dept. from issuing me a full refund of all taxes paid? -- I mean, I don't have any issue with that, as long as the government never wants it back again! :-).

I'd very much appreciate any help from you guys. Thanks.
Old 11th September 2020, 08:31   #1658
Senior - BHPian

What is the last date for filing of income taxes for this year , i.e. FY 2019-20. Has it been extended beyond November 30, 2020 or is it still the same?
Old 11th September 2020, 09:39   #1659
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post
What is the last date for filing of income taxes for this year , i.e. FY 2019-20. Has it been extended beyond November 30, 2020 or is it still the same?
It is 30/11. Last notification is this:

https://www.incometaxindia.gov.in/co...on_35_2020.pdf

Its provision (i)(b), specifically ((i)(a) was later extended to 30/9).
binand is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th September 2020, 19:09   #1660
Senior - BHPian

Re: Buggy ITR-1, 2020-21 Java utility !

Quote:
Originally Posted by meerkat View Post
Hello friends,

Have any of you guys successfully filed the AY 2020-21 return yet, using the ITR-1 Java utility (latest version, PR2)?
Please use the online utility. It is a breeze. Look no beyond the online form for ITR 1.
Warwithwheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2020, 09:08   #1661
BHPian

Re: Buggy ITR-1, 2020-21 Java utility !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warwithwheels View Post
Please use the online utility. It is a breeze. Look no beyond the online form for ITR 1.

Thanks a lot for your tip, -- the online mode works just fine! I've never explored the online option before, only because I got used to the offline mode since the days of rickety internet connections!

I'm amazed that the IT department concerned is apparently not responsible and careful enough to release only bug free versions of offline utilities!
meerkat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2020, 09:14   #1662
BHPian

My friend and her estranged husband (separated, not yet divorced) are joint owners of a house. She is paying the entire EMI for the joint home loan. Can she claim IT deduction for the entire amount she paid, or will her husband be eligible for 50% of the benefits?
Old 14th September 2020, 09:44   #1663
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KL01toKA03 View Post
My friend and her estranged husband (separated, not yet divorced) are joint owners of a house. She is paying the entire EMI for the joint home loan. Can she claim IT deduction for the entire amount she paid, or will her husband be eligible for 50% of the benefits?
The husband is entitled to claim 50% of the benefits. If the husband doesn't have any issues with the wife claiming the entire benefits, the wife could do so. Please check the link below for better clarity:

https://www.switchme.in/blog/2015/01...ked-questions/
Old 14th September 2020, 10:19   #1664
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warwithwheels View Post
The husband is entitled to claim 50% of the benefits. If the husband doesn't have any issues with the wife claiming the entire benefits, the wife could do so. Please check the link below for better clarity:

https://www.switchme.in/blog/2015/01...ked-questions/
Point 13 of that blog mentions that if one owner is not contributing to the EMI, the other person can claim 100% benefits. So, I guess it would be safe to claim after informing (without asking for any permission).

Thank you!
KL01toKA03 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2020, 13:30   #1665
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KL01toKA03 View Post
Point 13 of that blog mentions that if one owner is not contributing to the EMI, the other person can claim 100% benefits. So, I guess it would be safe to claim after informing (without asking for any permission).

Thank you!
Exactly. An intimation would save all the trouble and make it clear.
Warwithwheels is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks