Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th September 2010, 14:27   #1426
Senior - BHPian

Happened to visit Olive Bar and Kitchen yesterday for a dinner with a couple of friends.

The ambience is nice, mostly decked up in white with options for outside and inside dining.

We ordered the Platter for starters along with a veg Ceasar salad. The items in the platter were pretty average and the veg Cesar salad was okay, not much can go wrong with a Cesar salad anyways.

For the main course we ordered Pork Chops (loved the presentation but they were overcooked and chewy), A chicken and rice dish (some moroccan dish forget the name) - very average and a wood burn pizza for the veggies which was again a safe bet.

Not too many options for the veggies and the food is very average and not at all worth the price you pay for it. A couple of bottles of water (Evian, not that we asked for that brand) were a cool 150 bucks each. We realised that much later.

Total bill was a little over 4K and we all left with a pretty sad impression of the place.
Not worth it at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judemayne View Post
Visited Laajawab on Saturday- pretty good as a matter of fact the wife liked it so I too had to fall in line. For those continental types please do visit Herbs and Spices, Whitefield.
Yeah, I like both these places. Go there atleast 1-2 time each month.

I also tried the Empire that has opened on the 80 Ft road INdiranagar, excellent food and great value for money. No surprise it is packed in the evenings even though it has a decent amount of seating space.

Last edited by bblost : 8th September 2010 at 09:10. Reason: Please refer forum rule #11. Thanks.
Old 6th September 2010, 15:01   #1427
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyboy View Post
Happened to visit Olive Bar and Kitchen yesterday for a dinner with a couple of friends.

Total bill was a little over 4K and we all left with a pretty sad impression of the place.
Not worth it at all.
+1. One of the very few places in Bangalore that has left me underwhelmed. It could the dishes I tried, but certainly don't feel like going there to try again.

Quote:
I also tried the Empire that has opened on the 80 Ft road INdiranagar, excellent food and great value for money. No surprise it is packed in the evenings even though it has a decent amount of seating space.
I was shocked to see so much crowd on the day of opening and dropped the idea of checking out the food !

Has anyone tried the world cuisine network on the 80ft Rd, Indirangar?
Old 6th September 2010, 15:05   #1428
BHPian

Quote:
Well the food is cheap but not the best. You get the same flavour out of everything they cook. I think they use the same masala for everything.
Old 6th September 2010, 15:12   #1429
Senior - BHPian

Been to Cafe thulp last week, and loved the burgers - had a moos ur daddy, and a quarter of wifie's moo with cheese and bacon

The place is airy, and one thing I liked is - LOT of elbow room on the table. You can relax and eat your burgers with your hands without touching the elbows of people sitting next to you on same table. The burgers were superb.

Wanted to try more, but that have to wait till next time.
Old 6th September 2010, 15:15   #1430
Senior - BHPian

Has anyone tired Sevri restaurant @ Mosque road.?

This is my favourite breakfast joint.

Kheema and Kerela Parantha. Yummy
Old 6th September 2010, 15:22   #1431
BHPian

I once happen to go to BFC which is near my house.

Initially I thought it is a cheap place and a hoax, but the food was tasty and almost like KFC. The price was also almost touching the price of KFC.

Never went there again.
Old 6th September 2010, 15:49   #1432
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVH View Post
North Indian, Mughlai and Chinese. We tried Kashmiri kabab, Chicken lollypop, Fried rices and noodles. Couldn't try more because of the space constraints in the tummy

Every dish was worth it. Whatever dish you try, am sure you will not be disappointed.

P.S - I remember the owner mentioning increase in staff and variety of cuisines as well. But when I don't know. They are not even a month old, so may be we might get to see a few more dishes a few months from now.
Can you tell me where exactly is this place? If i am going from Kaveri theater towards Mekhri circle, is it near the Baskin Robins place or further down the road?
Old 6th September 2010, 15:53   #1433
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Googleman View Post
Well the food is cheap but not the best. You get the same flavour out of everything they cook. I think they use the same masala for everything.
Will try this place today. Its pretty near the place i stay. I wanted to try it last week but was put off by the mad rush

Any first impressions?
Old 6th September 2010, 17:23   #1434
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenvenkatesh View Post
Can you tell me where exactly is this place? If i am going from Kaveri theater towards Mekhri circle, is it near the Baskin Robins place or further down the road?
Its further and very close to Mekhri circle just before the deviation which goes towards the Sadashivnagar police station. Exactly opposite palace grounds entrance. You cannot miss it.
Old 6th September 2010, 17:31   #1435
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Googleman View Post
The Chicken Tikka masala was the best I have had in that price (in Bangalore). Havent tried anything else there though, so I guess will stick to the Tikka masala and Kerela parota for the times to come, . Not best by any standards but pure VFM.
Its was nice to have a meal in under 200 bucks for 2 rather than the usual 2k

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbkumar View Post
Has anyone tried the world cuisine network on the 80ft Rd, Indirangar?
Yeah, did try the Italian joint there. Starters were good, the main course wasnt. Havent tried the Lebanese or the Harrys pub there though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theexperthand View Post
Been to Cafe thulp last week, and loved the burgers - had a moos ur daddy, and a quarter of wifie's moo with cheese and bacon

The place is airy, and one thing I liked is - LOT of elbow room on the table. You can relax and eat your burgers with your hands without touching the elbows of people sitting next to you on same table. The burgers were superb.

Wanted to try more, but that have to wait till next time.
Now that place is AWESOME. We had a small tbhp food meet there. What burgers man, seriously fantastic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVERWOOD View Post
Has anyone tired Sevri restaurant @ Mosque road.?

This is my favourite breakfast joint.

Kheema and Kerela Parantha. Yummy
Would love to try this place out, Where is it exactly? Also, ur location mentions Hyd so hoping u talking about Blr.

Last edited by sammyboy : 6th September 2010 at 17:40.
Old 6th September 2010, 17:36   #1436
BHPian

I happen to visit Keralapura Military hotel (On Dr Raj kumar Rd before Navrang signal)on sunday,Had Mudde,Lamb head curry, Chappati and Egg Khema fry and White rice with Rasam and boiled egg.All the items was excellent,taste was awesome.
It costed me 150/- Rs including the tip.
Ambience is not that good and you see only male folks having there.
But you can any day take away the food.

Last edited by msvg : 6th September 2010 at 17:37.
Old 6th September 2010, 17:39   #1437
BHPian

Does anybody have an idea where we can get Haleem in Bangalore? I have never tried Haleem, and I would like to taste it... but I don't want to go all the way to Hyderabad to do that.
Old 6th September 2010, 17:42   #1438
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjacob View Post
Does anybody have an idea where we can get Haleem in Bangalore? I have never tried Haleem, and I would like to taste it... but I don't want to go all the way to Hyderabad to do that.
Scroll through a few pages before. You can find some options.

bblost recommends Gati->GatieShop

Last edited by JVH : 6th September 2010 at 17:43.
Old 6th September 2010, 17:43   #1439
BHPian

Now u can get ur Haleem delivered from Pista House ,hyderabad in bangalore .
All you need to do is order online in the morning ,it will be delivered on the same day to your postal address.
Link is :
http://www.gati.com/Gatishop2/productinfo.jsp
Old 6th September 2010, 19:45   #1440
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

Now that place is AWESOME. We had a small tbhp food meet there. What burgers man, seriously fantastic.

Oh I remember that, Sammyboy! Wonderfully quaint and typically American! The burgers were simply fantastic, and the starters (don't remember what we ordered) were perfect for a good warm-up before the marathon, that the 'Moo's Your Daddy' is!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks