Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th May 2010, 16:25   #1186
BHPian

Had been to "Coastaal Express" on Dr.Rajkumar road, Rajajinagar, bangalore. Tried their Mangalore style veg/non-veg fare. Though it's a quite place with considerably okayish ambiance, the food was pretty moderate and I felt it was not VFM. Service too was very lethargic.
Old 7th May 2010, 16:27   #1187
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by addyhemmige View Post
There is also another Suggi on New BEL road near MS Ramaiah. Haven't tried that place.
There was a good review about this place in today's TOI newspaper!
Old 7th May 2010, 19:00   #1188
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitesquall View Post
There was a good review about this place in today's TOI newspaper!
Where exactly this is located near MS Ramaiah?
Old 7th May 2010, 19:10   #1189
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Had been to "Coastaal Express" on Dr.Rajkumar road, Rajajinagar, bangalore. Tried their Mangalore style veg/non-veg fare. Though it's a quite place with considerably okayish ambiance, the food was pretty moderate and I felt it was not VFM. Service too was very lethargic.
Is this Coastal Express another branch of the Coastal express chain of hotels( Anupams CE @ Shivananda , Coast II coast Kormangala, and MG Road). ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Where exactly this is located near MS Ramaiah?
Here it is
Suggi,

18, Jaladarshini Layout, BEL HBCS Layout, hikkamaranahalli New BEL Road, Bangalore 54 Phone 42083291

source Welcome - Times Of India ePaper
Old 7th May 2010, 19:19   #1190
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushrutha View Post
Is this Coastal Express another branch of the Coastal express chain of hotels( Anupams CE @ Shivananda , Coast II coast Kormangala, and MG Road). ?
Yes, I think it is
Old 7th May 2010, 19:22   #1191
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Here it is
Suggi,

18, Jaladarshini Layout, BEL HBCS Layout, hikkamaranahalli New BEL Road, Bangalore 54 Phone 42083291
Thanks sushrutha, will try this place this weekend or next.
Old 7th May 2010, 19:25   #1192
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Usually CE dishes are good.
Regarding the VFM part, The prices are seasonal, As of now all the sea food items(Fish, prawn) rates have increased vertically.

Quote:
Yes, I think it is
Where exactly it is ?
Old 7th May 2010, 19:35   #1193
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Usually CE dishes are good.
Regarding the VFM part, The prices are seasonal, As of now all the sea food items(Fish, prawn) rates have increased vertically.

Where exactly it is ?
Do you know Suguna Hospital, Kanva Diagnostics or Abimaani Prakashana (Ee Sanje paper). It is next to this
Old 8th May 2010, 17:22   #1194
J.Ravi

Today, we had lunch at Maiya's, Jayanagar, costing Rs 135 per head. This south Indian meal comprised 26 items including welcome drink, soup, poori, sagu, side-dishes, holige, bisi bele bath, chips, papad, sandige, fruit-mixture, pan-beeda, etc. This spread was similar to the meal served at MTR. While MTR meal was definitely tastier than Maiya's, the latter scored better than the former in diner-friendly service and ambience. One common aspect in both the restaurants: NO TIPS. In fact, there are CC TV messages one of which included 'No Tips Please'. This restaurant is crowded especially during the week-ends. We had reserved for today's 1 pm slot yesterday itself.

Last edited by J.Ravi : 8th May 2010 at 17:26.

Old 8th May 2010, 23:10   #1195
Senior - BHPian

Anyone been to the Ocean (not sure of the name) in front of ESI in Rajajinagar? Overheard someone saying it is great Mangalore-style sea-food oriented restaurant.
Old 8th May 2010, 23:49   #1196
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
Anyone been to the Ocean (not sure of the name) in front of ESI in Rajajinagar? Overheard someone saying it is great Mangalore-style sea-food oriented restaurant.
It is Ocean Servers. Don't even think of going here. The place itself is pretty cramped. The food was horrible. I went there within a few weeks of its opening and my first impression was not at all good.
Old 9th May 2010, 18:35   #1197
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindRide View Post
Sigh, there goes my wish of digging into a tasty karimeen pollichathu :(
Kaayal Restaurant on Jeevan Bhima Nagar road serves Karimeen Pollichathu on Saturday evenings.

I was there yesterday evening and saw this being served, wrapped in banana leaves.
Old 9th May 2010, 18:42   #1198
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Royal Orchid, Whitefield

Had dinner at Royal Orchid close to the Forum Value mall last night. Very yummy food and top notch service. Prices reasonable for the quality offered.

Will visit again.
Old 10th May 2010, 14:59   #1199
BHPian

Quote:
It is Ocean Servers. Don't even think of going here. The place itself is pretty cramped. The food was horrible. I went there within a few weeks of its opening and my first impression was not at all good.
Thanks man for saving me!! I intended to visit that place and some how couldn't go, may be it was a blessing in disguise!
Old 10th May 2010, 15:28   #1200
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbraj View Post
Kaayal Restaurant on Jeevan Bhima Nagar road serves Karimeen Pollichathu on Saturday evenings.

I was there yesterday evening and saw this being served, wrapped in banana leaves.
Thanks for the info. Will try it some day.

I did try making this at home with banana leaf over stove. It was OK. The fish tasted bland. I guess all freshwater fishes taste bland. Realised how better tasting are the ocean swimming species!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks