Search this Thread
Old 8th July 2014, 12:10   #3151
Team-BHP Support

Re: A Guide: Eating out in Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVERWOOD View Post
Rules for visiting Bobby Da Bhaba.

1, Be prepared to meet the owner,a rude Sardarji
2, He will tell you that the approximate waiting time is 30-45 mins, in a rude tone of course.
3, You need to pre-order the food, pay the bill and wait outside.
4, You cannot ask the break-up of the bill.
5, You cannot complain about the quality of the food either.

Waseem.
No no. Owner is not rude at all. Bobby is the owner who is the one standing in front of the kitchen. His role is of the expeditor. Once you order the food, he takes care of your order.

The rude sardarji at the entrance is his brother or someone else.

Rest of the stuff you are right. It's not the best place to go with family and definitely not when it's crowded.

Have moved to Tadka Singh for my punjabi food cravings.
Old 8th July 2014, 18:50   #3152
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Its on the double road, before the 6th main signal while coming from CMH road signal.
This is actually the signal leading to 7th Main (if you turn left here you see Ambedkar PU/Degree college) - easy to remember as the ESI hospital signal.
To get here, from CMH Road turn on to Indiranagar Double Road (HDFC/Maiyas/Nagarjuna side) and almost at the place where the median ends and road curves, Annaporani is on right side

Last edited by NPV : 8th July 2014 at 18:51.
Old 11th July 2014, 13:53   #3153
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbelAFC View Post
Been at Mosque Road for The Annual Bangalore Meat Festival - as i like to call it - for dinner since Thursday. It was brilliant, just the taste has definitely dropped over the weekend.
The poor stall guys just can't handle the volumes and as a result, the quality is dropping.
However, its definitely an experience. I really think the Ramzan festival is gonna be featured on TLC or the likes soon.
Sorry to resurrect this old post, but I'm planning to go to Frazer Town for the Ramadan festival and need some info on where to park, how to get there etc. Anyone who's been recently please do shed some light!
Old 11th July 2014, 14:51   #3154
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajitkommini View Post
Sorry to resurrect this old post, but I'm planning to go to Frazer Town for the Ramadan festival and need some info on where to park, how to get there etc. Anyone who's been recently please do shed some light!
Get on to Wheeler road and ask for directions to Mosque Road. Car parking can be a challenge specially during weekends. If you are lucky you will get a spot for parking, otherwise be prepared to park your car a little away and walk to the place. I had been there last wednesday and was lucky to get parking in front of Empire Restaurant.
Old 11th July 2014, 15:00   #3155
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Enter Mosque road from Coles road and you will cross Mcd, KFC on your left. Cross KFC and park your car on the LHS/wherever you see a vacant slot.The food fest is just 150-200 mts away from KFC.

Waseem.
Old 11th July 2014, 15:43   #3156
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manojgautham View Post
Get on to Wheeler road and ask for directions to Mosque Road. Car parking can be a challenge specially during weekends. If you are lucky you will get a spot for parking, otherwise be prepared to park your car a little away and walk to the place. I had been there last wednesday and was lucky to get parking in front of Empire Restaurant.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVERWOOD View Post
Enter Mosque road from Coles road and you will cross Mcd, KFC on your left. Cross KFC and park your car on the LHS/wherever you see a vacant slot.The food fest is just 150-200 mts away from KFC.

Waseem.
Thanks guys, I'm coming from Koramangala and though I've been to Fraser town a few times I'm not too well acquainted with the area. Anyway, I plan to go via Promenade rd > Wheeler rd > Coles cross rd > Mosque rd and then follow your directions Waseem. Don't mind walking for a bit, but just want to avoid any illegal / unsafe parking.
Old 11th July 2014, 17:10   #3157
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks guys, I'm coming from Koramangala and though I've been to Fraser town a few times I'm not too well acquainted with the area. Anyway, I plan to go via Promenade rd > Wheeler rd > Coles cross rd > Mosque rd and then follow your directions Waseem. Don't mind walking for a bit, but just want to avoid any illegal / unsafe parking.
I've seen vehicles parked on both sides of the road, I don't think you will get into any illegal parking tangle. The place will be pretty crowded and you will be presented with a wide variety of non veg food and deserts. Have a great time eating.
Old 11th July 2014, 17:32   #3158
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I would suggest you park away from this area as much as possible (avoid the whole of Mosque road), and take a rick or walk it down. The place and parking can get crazy, you don't wanna come back to see a few inadvertent dents on your car. Plus the entire place gets jammed and you'll be stuck for a few hours in there. Easier to walk in and out of this mess.

Plus, there's exercise.
Old 11th July 2014, 20:22   #3159
BHPian

Haleem

Guys,

Where can I find Haleem in Bangalore, last year I scored the tubs in Total mall and on Mosque road. Are there Pista House outlets this year too, like last year?
Old 11th July 2014, 20:36   #3160
Senior - BHPian

Re: Haleem

Try Dakhani Degh in Tilak Nagar.

Where can I find Haleem in Bangalore, last year I scored the tubs in Total mall and on Mosque road.
Old 11th July 2014, 22:16   #3161
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorpsycho View Post
Guys,

Where can I find Haleem in Bangalore, last year I scored the tubs in Total mall and on Mosque road. Are there Pista House outlets this year too, like last year?
There is a Pista House outlet in Frazer Town, opposite Albert Bakery; or diagonally opposite UniverCell.
Old 12th July 2014, 03:05   #3162
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97_Octane View Post
There is a Pista House outlet in Frazer Town, opposite Albert Bakery; or diagonally opposite UniverCell.
Thanks Octane, Frazer town is a little bit far from the place I reside, just wondering if that's the only outlet this time.
Old 12th July 2014, 03:27   #3163
Senior - BHPian

Folks, Quick Question - How long is this food fest ON ?
I will pay a visit this Sunday (13th). Is the fest still ON ?
Old 12th July 2014, 11:17   #3164
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post
Folks, Quick Question - How long is this food fest ON ?
I will pay a visit this Sunday (13th). Is the fest still ON ?
I think this fest is on each year during the entire month of Ramadan.
Old 12th July 2014, 19:51   #3165
BHPian

^^^the food fest is on in full gusto, was there last evening as well as today. Dont miss the patthar ka gosht - succulent strips of beef sizzled on stone slabs. There is a kolkata biryani corner as well for patrons of the aromatic variety

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks