Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd May 2014, 08:27   #3121
BHPian

Re: Chettinad Food

Yes, it is a nice place +1
Of late i have seen the quantity of non veg dish has reduced although price is steadily increasing.
Old 2nd May 2014, 10:20   #3122
BHPian

Re: A Guide: Eating out in Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothatchaway View Post
Esplanade at Indiranagar double road was the eatery of choice today for tonight's dinner (with a not so hidden agenda of satiating a sudden craving for Bengali cuisine) and it didnt disappoint. The fish fry was fried just right with the crust crispy and the innards soft and moist; it was also accompanied by the traditional 'kasundi' which could have been a tad more fiery though.
Is this the same place which was at Kormangala earlier? If yes, I am surprised, as despite trying it on three or four occasions, it 'always' churned out bad food.
I am talking atleast a year back, might have become better.

My favorite Bengoli restaurants are 1. Oh Calcutta 2. 6 Ballygunge Place 3. Bhojohuri Manna (Kormangala)

And I am craving for this, even though with an upset tummy and no partners
Old 2nd May 2014, 10:54   #3123
BHPian

Made a visit to Shivaji military hotel(Jayanagar) during the weekend. Total VFM and the food quality was awesome. The Biriyani(the Speciality there) was something worth it.Had to wait for sometime to get my hands on the food as the place was buzzing with people. Great food!!
Old 2nd May 2014, 16:08   #3124
Senior - BHPian

A Guide: Eating out in Bangalore

Guys, for those of you are hardcore non veg fans try the Ranganna Military Hotel on KR road(more towards the Banashankari 2nd Stg junction). The place is big,airy and has maybe 300 covers. There will tentatively be a 15 minute wait.
The food is awesome and not expensive. Try the mutton fry with parota. Kheema and the chicken kababs are really worth trying. The place is also really clean with a see through kitchen. ( I mean- left open).
Meal for 2 around ₹300.

Last edited by Arjun Reddy : 2nd May 2014 at 16:10.
Old 2nd May 2014, 18:19   #3125
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Saw an "opening soon" signboard for Annapoorani Restaurant outside a building on Indiranagar Double road near ESI Hospital.
I think this will be their third branch after Cambridge Layout (haven't been there in a very long while and not sure if it still exists) & Indiranagar 12th Main.
Old 2nd May 2014, 18:58   #3126
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
I think this will be their third branch after Cambridge Layout (haven't been there in a very long while and not sure if it still exists) & Indiranagar 12th Main.
Cambridge layout closed in lieu of 12th main branch.
Old 2nd May 2014, 19:02   #3127
BHPian

Prashant Naati Chicken Center -New BEL Road,

Hit this joint last week, was a little hesitant since the place looked small so my expectation were small. Ordered Biryani and Naati chicken chops.
Biryani is not the Hyderabadi Version, but more like Donne Biryani and chicken chops was really good.
Old 2nd May 2014, 19:50   #3128
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjun Reddy View Post
Guys, for those of you are hardcore non veg fans try the Ranganna Military Hotel on KR road(more towards the Banashankari 2nd Stg junction). The place is big,airy and has maybe 300 covers. There will tentatively be a 15 minute wait.
The food is awesome and not expensive. Try the mutton fry with parota. Kheema and the chicken kababs are really worth trying. The place is also really clean with a see through kitchen. ( I mean- left open).
Meal for 2 around ₹300.
+1 to that. A nice and clean place with aweome food. Spicy though but really worth it. My favourites are chilli chicken and pepper chicken since I am not much of a mutton fan. Always wanted to try biriyani but would have got over by the time we visit the place.
Old 11th June 2014, 12:22   #3129
Distinguished - BHPian

When ever i visit Bangalore i give a visit to R.K Dhaba.
Location: After you cross Narayan Hrudayalaya hospital on the Hosur road after crossing electronic city you will go underneath a railway bridge. With in 300-500 meters after crossing the bridge this place is located on the left hand side on the way to Hosur. The dhaba is just beside the service road. Food is excellent but spicy. Butter chicken, butter nun, chicken kabab, Paneer chilli, egg chilli, chicken Punjabi are just yummy.

On the flip side avoid going here with your lady as the place is filled with truck drivers, ambiance is of a typical road side dhaba, people getting drunk and using abusive language among them is a common factor. But for others its safe unless you get into any altercations with those drunk people. I have visited here a number of times in my 8 years of span in Bangalore and never had any issues. I just love the food. Typical Punjabi food. If you do not like the ambiance you can get your food parceled from here too. Its an easy drive for the IT guys working in Electronic city. Its hardly a 5-10 minutes drive from there.

Last edited by Samba : 11th June 2014 at 12:26.
Old 11th June 2014, 23:05   #3130
BHPian

Friends, please suggest a good restaurant, south/north style, reasonably priced in and around 3-4 Kms radius from brookefield/kundalahalli. Whenever running out of choices, my safe option is Adyar Anand bhavan at Marathali bridge.
Old 12th June 2014, 07:03   #3131
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VSRK View Post
Friends, please suggest a good restaurant, south/north style, reasonably priced in and around 3-4 Kms radius from brookefield/kundalahalli. Whenever running out of choices, my safe option is Adyar Anand bhavan at Marathali bridge.
There is one place by the name Kesar in AECS layout. Punjabi style food is really good.

Regards,
Old 12th June 2014, 07:34   #3132
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Cambridge layout closed in lieu of 12th main branch.
The one I think NPV referred to is on double road. I saw that board too, last week. The one that closed is near Raka Sports. (Here)

But the new board is on double road. somewhere (Here)

Even I was surprised. Why would they open one more when they have the 12th main branch.
Old 12th June 2014, 09:11   #3133
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amohit View Post
There is one place by the name Kesar in AECS layout. Punjabi style food is really good.

Regards,
Thanks Amohit! Will try for sure this weekend. AECS layout is near to my place. BTW, where Kesar is exactly located? I know MK retail/Ganesh temple in this layout.
Old 12th June 2014, 09:43   #3134
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samba View Post
When ever i visit Bangalore i give a visit to R.K Dhaba.
I used to frequent this place a lot but of late the place was not kept clean and the food was not so great!! Felt the standards have become little bad.

E-inn located again near Electronic City is a vegetarian only restaurant that serves lunch buffet! Food as well as the spread is excellent and the ambiance is also good.
Old 12th June 2014, 10:12   #3135
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VSRK View Post
Thanks Amohit! Will try for sure this weekend. AECS layout is near to my place. BTW, where Kesar is exactly located? I know MK retail/Ganesh temple in this layout.
Its on the AECS main road. There is one MK retail on this road. Kesar is about 50mts from the ITPL road.
For me while coming from marathalli bridge side, its the left turn just before Cosmos Mall. (right opposite to HUL).
Ground floor is sweets and first floor is self service type restaurant. I have tried (and liked) kadi-chawal combo, channa bhatura, amritsari thali (you need to be very hungry for it) and dal makhani+roti combo.

Regards,

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks