Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th March 2014, 17:01   #3106
Team-BHP Support

Re: A Guide: Eating out in Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
I enjoy Punjabi Times on ORR near Belandur (After Iblur jn take service road towards belandur). Been there several times now and the quality has remained good.
Food is not bad but there's no wow taste at all. It is ok for regular eat out joint but not when you want some special food.

I stopped going there since a few months. Service went down and food quality started varying from each visit. Lost consistency.
Old 19th March 2014, 18:07   #3107
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Recently came across a list of great places in South Bangalore that also mentioned New Modern Hotel (NMH), VV Puram. Hadn't been there in years so decided on an evening of dinner hopping at VV Puram

Tried the Dosas at NMH, it was excellent and for a change the chutney, sambar were like home made stuff with salt just right in fact a tad less unlike the highly spicy & salty stuff we get in most places. The Dosas did not have garlic nor the red chutney inside and still tasted heavenly! This is surely a place that is a blast from the past.
We then headed to the VV Puram food street for some Corn masala and Badam milk to satiate the taste buds

Last edited by NPV : 19th March 2014 at 18:09.
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2014, 18:21   #3108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumping Soul View Post
I need to take my brother, who is in India after 2yrs, out for dinner. He wants to have some really good North Indian / Mughlai food and a taste that can linger on him for sometime. I stay in HSR Layout. So, any suggestions for places in & around HSR?
Try Punjab Grill at Koramangala, the food is good. Is is a little expensive though.
Old 19th March 2014, 18:37   #3109
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manojgautham View Post
Try Punjab Grill at Koramangala, the food is good. Is is a little expensive though.
+1 on Punjab Grill.

I have been here many times and the food tastes yum.

Waseem.
Old 19th March 2014, 19:26   #3110
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I enjoy Punjabi Times on ORR near Belandur (After Iblur jn take service road towards belandur). Been there several times now and the quality has remained good.
I have been to Punjabi Times opposite Shopper's stop on Bannerghatta Road about an year ago. Food was just average and isn't worth the price.

Last edited by msdivy : 19th March 2014 at 19:28.
Old 19th March 2014, 20:40   #3111
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Food is not bad but there's no wow taste at all. It is ok for regular eat out joint but not when you want some special food.

I stopped going there since a few months. Service went down and food quality started varying from each visit. Lost consistency.
Quote:
Originally Posted by msdivy View Post
I have been to Punjabi Times opposite Shopper's stop on Bannerghatta Road about an year ago. Food was just average and isn't worth the price.
Thinking more on this, I agree. There is no 'wow factor'. It is more of a 'safe option' where you know you'll not be totally disappointed. I do like their Rabdi with Lychee dessert

Typically now a days, any place I go to, I come away with the feeling 'That was not really worth it'. And some of these have excellent reviews. Couple of recent examples

Fisherman's Wharf, Sarjapur Road: Great reviews, always crowded. Found it frightfully expensive and most of the dishes were pretty average. The worst was a sorry mocktail with a fancy name costing ~Rs 300 served in a small sized glass and was just a mix of various fruit essences.

Hole in the Wall, Koramangala: Again excellent reviews, took the trouble of going early on a Sunday morning and came away disappointed.

Maybe I have weird tastes
Old 19th March 2014, 21:38   #3112
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Thinking more on this, I agree. There is no 'wow factor'. It is more of a 'safe option' where you know you'll not be totally disappointed.
Punjabi times used to be my safe option when nothing else is around till I was told about Tadka Singh Indiranagar.

Once a week at Tadka Singh is now guaranteed.

Tadka Singh is like a modern Dhaba. Mcdonalds style self service but punjabi food. Prices are not cheap and menu has very limited options for both veg and non veg but the quality is food is superb. Things can get chaotic on weekends when there is a crowd but the food is well worth it.
Old 2nd April 2014, 23:13   #3113
BHPian

Esplanade at Indiranagar double road was the eatery of choice today for tonight's dinner (with a not so hidden agenda of satiating a sudden craving for Bengali cuisine) and it didnt disappoint. The fish fry was fried just right with the crust crispy and the innards soft and moist; it was also accompanied by the traditional 'kasundi' which could have been a tad more fiery though.

The kasha mangsho I thought was a tad too sweet but the chunky mutton bits compensated. The deshi murgir jhal evoked the archetypal trip down memory lane, it was done just the way the bird is treated in calcutta kitchens. Both were nicely wrapped up in fluffy luchis and tucked away into my grateful tummy!
Old 8th April 2014, 21:23   #3114
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Punjabi times used to be my safe option when nothing else is around till I was told about Tadka Singh Indiranagar.
I take back my comment on Punjabi Times being a safe option. Had been there with my parents last week assuming it would be decent enough. But none of us enjoyed it. Even my parents did not like it at all. So it is permanently off the list
Old 8th April 2014, 21:46   #3115
BHPian

Went to Rajdhani, central mall over the weekend. Everything, right from getting a seat to service was good except for food. Really pathetic food which lacked any taste. Even the desserts lacked sweetness.Will give it a miss from now on.
Old 12th April 2014, 09:46   #3116

Note from Mod :

Team-BHP does NOT condone marketing or publicizing of brands/establishments that you are affiliated with in any way.

Please read our rules before continuing.

Last edited by Rehaan : 14th April 2014 at 17:21.
Old 12th April 2014, 19:55   #3117
BHPian

Please suggest any good sweetshop preferably near Marathalli / HSR / Whitefield where we can get authentic Dharwad pedha.
Old 13th April 2014, 16:00   #3118
Distinguished - BHPian

The Glasshouse Deli, Lavelle road.

Wanted to have some good continental food, so narrowed down on this place using Zomato.

We really loved the ambience of the place as we entered. And the menu looked very interesting as well. The Deli counter with all the desserts looked incredibly delicious.

We ordered a 5 Spice chicken wings, Fish and chips and 2 portions of the Crumb Fried Chicken Supremes. The chicken wings were exceptional! Quantity is a little less on both the starters but we've come to expect this from such fine dining places! The fish and chips is something different. It consists of small balls of fish fried and served on a cracker with a small dollop of tartare sauce. Unfortunately, I don't have any pics of that. It is nothing like the traditional fish and chips you might expect.

The main course consisted of one BBQ chicken, one Teriyaki Chicken pizza, Vegetable Stew, Whole wheat spaghetti with extra virgin olive oil, cilli, garlic and sundered tomatoes and a Pasta (penne) in white sauce with chicken.

The BBQ chicken was superb. The chicken was quite soft and made beautifully. The Pizza was the star. It was the best dish on our table. Next time, we are definitely trying the pizza. The Vegetable stew was good but nothing exceptional. The spaghetti was also extremely good and had a lot of chicken pieces. The white sauce pasta was usual but tasty.

For dessert, we had the Strawberry Tart which was quite superb.

I definitely will be going back here sometime soon. The entire bill came to about 4k for 5 people which was along expected lines. It's not a cheap restaurant by any means but it isn't meant to be!

Service was extraordinary as well and we really enjoyed the attention of the entire team. The chef met us at the end and handed over his card as well.
Old 1st May 2014, 18:34   #3119
BHPian

Chettinad Food

My family likes Chettinad food and our usual place is Junior Kuppanna.Recently we head about this place Chettinad Food palace next to AB at Marathahalli.

Had chicken biriyani and it was the Typical Dindigul Biriyani one would see at Ponram Hotels.

The place is new and is almost a Week old, hope they will keep up the quality in the long run.
Old 1st May 2014, 19:19   #3120
BHPian

Re: Chettinad Food

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeep3in View Post
My family likes Chettinad food and our usual place is Junior Kuppanna.Recently we head about this place Chettinad Food palace next to AB at Marathahalli.
I am sure you must have visited Anjapar in koramangala? Check it out if you haven't since they also serve good chettinad dishes. I sincerely felt quality of food at their koramangala outlet is much superior to any of their outlets in Chennai or rest of TN.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks