Senior - BHPian

Re: A Guide: Eating out in Bangalore

Any good buffet places for Bengali food anywhere in Bangalore
Old 9th November 2013, 05:08   #2972
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by girimajiananth View Post
-There is a small place called SN Bhat refreshment in JP Nagar first phase. Good for idly vada and masala dosa.
+1. Shankaranarayana Refreshments has one of a kind of idly sambar, which you can NOT get elsewhere in B'lore. One must have, if you like piping hot n spicy idly sambar.
Old 9th November 2013, 10:14   #2973
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomaverick View Post
Esplanade down on 100 feet road, Indiranagar (near the Methodist church) has a good rep. The Hilsa festival was popular, I believe. If you like Nizam Rolls and Park street food, I'd recommend Bow Barracks (and their sister concern - Chakam Chukum for take-away Nizam rolls).
Old 9th November 2013, 11:51   #2974
BHPian

Quote:
+100 to all the SLV's idly vada fans here. My 2 cents

-There is a small place called SN Bhat refreshment in JP Nagar first phase. Good for idly vada and masala dosa.
-Ganesh Darshan AKA Dose camp in jayanagar 4th block serves good coffee and masala dose.
+1 to that.
Sn is referred as butturu hotel by the locals (don't ask why, I don't know). Awesome idly and dosa. Also the rice bath is awesome especially when it's puliyogare...
Use to frequent a lot here when I was studying at the mba collage nearby

Dosa camp is legendary. I remember going there since I was a toddler. They started the 30 variety of dosa concept in early 90's. Again to mention the chutney served there is awesome.
Old 9th November 2013, 12:02   #2975
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by appu.bhandari View Post
+1 to that.
Sn is referred as butturu hotel by the locals (don't ask why, I don't know). Awesome idly and dosa. Also the rice bath is awesome especially when it's puliyogare...
Use to frequent a lot here when I was studying at the mba collage nearby

Dosa camp is legendary. I remember going there since I was a toddler. They started the 30 variety of dosa concept in early 90's. Again to mention the chutney served there is awesome.
SN refreshment is owned by a very friendly gentleman called Shankar Narayana Bhat , and hence it is fondly called "Bhattara hotelu" . I think dose camp is now owned by halli mane restaurant .
Old 9th November 2013, 12:12   #2976
BHPian

Quote:

SN refreshment is owned by a very friendly gentleman called Shankar Narayana Bhat , and hence it is fondly called "Bhattara hotelu" . I think dose camp is now owned by halli mane restaurant .
If I'm not mistaken, the same person generally is at the billing counter. He is a very jolly man, always jokes and is very friendly
Old 9th November 2013, 12:41   #2977
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
If I'm not mistaken, the same person generally is at the billing counter. He is a very jolly man, always jokes and is very friendly
Well he is a partner with the Restaurant. One of my favourite restos in my locality, you can say that I have literally grown up eating Idly right from the days when he used to sell it for 50 Paise per Idly. Yes the rates have gone high but he has maintained excellent quality.

The lady and Bhattaru are the guys who manage this resto. They all owe their allegiance to Bramhins Coffee Bar. The SN Restaurant and SLV Resto in Banashankari included. SN Resto has another branch in Gauravanagar just after the Brigade Millenium.
Old 9th November 2013, 13:01   #2978
BHPian

Quote:
Ya the same middle aged man with spectacles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ku69rd View Post
Well he is a partner with the Restaurant. One of my favourite restos in my locality, you can say that I have literally grown up eating Idly right from the days when he used to sell it for 50 Paise per Idly. Yes the rates have gone high but he has maintained excellent quality.

The lady and Bhattaru are the guys who manage this resto. They all owe their allegiance to Bramhins Coffee Bar. The SN Restaurant and SLV Resto in Banashankari included. SN Resto has another branch in Gauravanagar just after the Brigade Millenium.
The lady ? I don't think i have seen her. Yes , they are somehow related to Brahmins coffee bar owners. Didn't know about their branch . How long have they been operating it ? Got to check it out asap,

Looks like lot of team bhpians in and around JP nagar. This could be a nice hangout spot for us .
Old 9th November 2013, 13:34   #2979
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ku69rd View Post

Oh, you know them pretty well, I didn't know about the ones in bridge and banashankari...Will try visiting them.
Thanks
Old 9th November 2013, 13:58   #2980
Distinguished - BHPian

Any reviews of Mahesh Lunch Home on Residency Road? Not been there yet :-( but understand location is next to Chancery Pavilion and opposite Bangalore Club's main entrance.

Stil drool over Mahesh and Bharat after my earlier 4 years in Bombay :-)
Old 16th November 2013, 12:03   #2981
BHPian

Can someone please tell me where exactly in JP Nagar Phase 1 SN is? And their branch near Brigade Millenium?

And where is Maiyas in Jayanagar?

Thanks, new to Bangalore, this info will help.
Old 16th November 2013, 13:09   #2982
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTeacher View Post
Can someone please tell me where exactly in JP Nagar Phase 1 SN is? And their branch near Brigade Millenium? And where is Maiyas in Jayanagar? Thanks, new to Bangalore, this info will help.
Maiyas is in Jayanagar 4th Block,opposite Ganesh temple. It is also diagonally opposite the police station. If you get near the BDA complex and ask,you will be directed very easily.
Old 16th November 2013, 18:19   #2983
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juggy View Post
... If you like Nizam Rolls and Park street food, I'd recommend Bow Barracks (and their sister concern - Chakam Chukum for take-away Nizam rolls).
Buffet places?

Where exactly is Bow Barracks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomaverick View Post
AFAIK, none - their business model and client base was not suitable.

6 Ballygunge (12th Main, HAL 2nd Stage) and Bangaliana (Koramangala 7th block) tried lunch buffets a few years back, but not sure if they are still doing it.
Old 16th November 2013, 20:52   #2984
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post

AFAIK, none - their business model and client base was not suitable.

6 Ballygunge (12th Main, HAL 2nd Stage) and Bangaliana (Koramangala 7th block) tried lunch buffets a few years back, but not sure if they are still doing it.
Nope none of the places have buffet anymore. Even Esplanade have stopped. I guess it does not make much of a sense to have buffet system as this type of cuisine is best served freshly done.
Old 16th November 2013, 21:59   #2985
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTeacher View Post
Can someone please tell me where exactly in JP Nagar Phase 1 SN is? And their branch near Brigade Millenium?

And where is Maiyas in Jayanagar?

Thanks, new to Bangalore, this info will help.
Follow this route , it might help.

From RV dental college , proceed towards the underpass , on the left you will find 24th main cross roads inn hotel, take the immediate left turn . Proceed on the same road , you will find SN refreshment on your right hand side. You can easily find out . I heard that their branch is some where near Gaurav nagar .

If you are going on a week end ,expect lot of rush. Recently they have dug up the road and its difficult to park your car anywhere near the hotel.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks