Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th May 2011, 09:25   #1651
Senior - BHPian

Umerkot,Koramangala

Was at the Umerkot,80ft road,koramangala over the weekend,definitely not reccomended.

1.Service extremely poor and no semblance of courteousness anywhere,people just expect you to eat and clear off.

2.The a-la-carte menu is horribly priced.A butter Chicken at INR 550.

3.No ambience whatsoever

4.Buffet was cold and tasteless,maybe a reason why its priced at INR 300plus taxes

5.Valet parking available.

6.We were seated in the interior section of the restaurant and there was not a single table that had its legs in proper shape.The staff finally gave up after trying to get upteen number of stable tables!

Definitely not going back there anytime.Rather starve than go there-that disappointed.
Old 12th May 2011, 14:52   #1652
BHPian

Re: A Guide: Eating out in Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay_b View Post
Guys,

I'm looking for a restaurant to treat my friends (12-15) and this is what we require.

1.Rooftop
2.Alcohol and smoking
3.Music(not the regular music which plays in restaurants which is not very loud)

I have treated them in a place called "Rasa" which is very close to mantri mall Malleshwaram which has all the "criteria" that i've mentioned and we're bored of that place after visiting it many times.

Please let me know if you guys know about a nice place.
Do you have any specific area of Bangalore in your mind?
Old 12th May 2011, 19:34   #1653
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitesquall View Post
Do you have any specific area of Bangalore in your mind?
Yes, We're looking for a place in the West, Malleshwaram, rajajinagar, and the near by places. Banshankari and Jaynagar is fine too
Old 12th May 2011, 23:03   #1654
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes, We're looking for a place in the West, Malleshwaram, rajajinagar, and the near by places. Banshankari and Jaynagar is fine too
There used to be a place called JP Balimo Restaurant & Lounge bar on Sampige Road (just after the Malleswaram Market). I had been there sometime back (don't remember when). It fits most of your criteria.
Old 13th May 2011, 11:38   #1655
Senior - BHPian

Had been to Skyye Bar (lounge bar) 16th floor @ UB City.
Superb place to have a drink.
Fantastic ambience, nice view of the city (not as good as 13th floor, ebony).
Very good crowd & light arrangement too.
Thanks, not too much of loud music, one can atleast converese in this place.
Slightly on an expensive side.

Last edited by sushrutha : 13th May 2011 at 11:59.
Old 13th May 2011, 12:46   #1656
BHPian

Quote:
I think "Vyasa Paradise" located in the rajajinagar industrial area (on the Chord road - Basaveshwar Nagar main road, about 100 meters from the Chord road signal) will suit your need. It's not as classy as "Rasa" that you mentioned but, you will get very good food and service. You may have to go in advance and talk to the owner Mr. Harish to arrange the music and to book the roof top. Weekends it will be crowded.

Disclaimer: I am no where connected to this restaurant and If the moderators feel this post is inappropriate they can remove this post.

One more option is "Madhura Grand" adjacent to "Nandini Delux" on the WOC road. But, personally I do not like their service and food. Ambiance is okay though. . .

"Park View" restaurant is the other option. It is in Vijaynagar area (on the left hand side service road while going from Rajajinagar, about 200 meters from the Chord road-Magadi road junction). I had been there couple of times, service tends to be slow but the food is good. I am not sure about the music since it's long time that I visited this place. .
Old 13th May 2011, 13:20   #1657
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by addyhemmige View Post
There used to be a place called JP Balimo Restaurant & Lounge bar on Sampige Road (just after the Malleswaram Market). I had been there sometime back (don't remember when). It fits most of your criteria.
JP Balimo seems just fine! I will go check that place out and the reviews are pretty good too. Thanks addy

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitesquall View Post
I think "Vyasa Paradise" located in the rajajinagar industrial area (on the Chord road - Basaveshwar Nagar main road, about 100 meters from the Chord road signal)

One more option is "Madhura Grand" adjacent to "Nandini Delux" on the WOC road. But, personally I do not like their service and food. Ambiance is okay though. . .

"Park View" restaurant is the other option. It is in Vijaynagar area (on the left hand side service road while going from Rajajinagar, about 200 meters from the Chord road-Magadi road junction). I had been there couple of times, service tends to be slow but the food is good. I am not sure about the music since it's long time that I visited this place. .
I have been to Vyasa Paradise long ago and now i remember that the place was good. May be i'll visit the place with a few of my friends for dinner and see if it is okay to treat my gang of friends.

Places like nandini, park view and madhura are mostly visited by the elderly crowd, Nonetheless food is good, I've visited all these places myself and i don't think these places are suitable for the young crowd craving for loud music .

I'll visit vyasa paradise and let you know. Thank you.
Old 16th May 2011, 14:32   #1658
Team-BHP Support

There used to be a Ramana restaurant on Cunningham road which was serving great veggie food. Are they still around, and are they still good?
Old 16th May 2011, 14:51   #1659
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
There used to be a Ramana restaurant on Cunningham road which was serving great veggie food. Are they still around, and are they still good?
Yes, I think they are still around.

For 'heavenly' veggie food, try 'Higher Taste' in the ISKON temple premises. at Rs 380+taxes, their buffet lunch is simply super VFM, and excellent taste. West of Chord road. Online reservations for weekdays.. leave your contact no. for a call back on weekends.

ISKCON Higher Taste: A Pure Vegetarian Restaurant with Sattvic Food located in ISKCON Temple Bangalore
Old 18th May 2011, 11:40   #1660
Senior - BHPian

Time for another team lunch (Buffet). Any good place on ring road between Marathahalli and Silkboard? We are mix of V and NVs
Old 19th May 2011, 00:15   #1661
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Time for another team lunch (Buffet). Any good place on ring road between Marathahalli and Silkboard? We are mix of V and NVs
Try Grills and Curries at Bellandur. Heard it is nice and gets a lot of corporate crowd. Not been there myself though.
Old 19th May 2011, 12:21   #1662
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorsaLove View Post
Try Grills and Curries at Bellandur. Heard it is nice and gets a lot of corporate crowd. Not been there myself though.
Is this a new restaurant? Where is this in Bellandur?

Sammuk is another good restaurant in Bellandur and it is on the left of the ORR just after crossing the Bellandur junction while coming from Marathahalli.

On the opposite side of the ORR , there is Ruh which has great ambience but the food is just passable.
Old 19th May 2011, 13:59   #1663
BHPian

Quote:
There's a new pub that opened in Malleswaram, though not roof top, it is a decent place with decent music and sensibly priced too.

It's called 1522. 1522 ThePub (1522ThePub) on Twitter
Old 19th May 2011, 14:20   #1664
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by patron View Post
There's a new pub that opened in Malleswaram, though not roof top, it is a decent place with decent music and sensibly priced too.

It's called 1522. 1522 ThePub (1522ThePub) on Twitter
Thanks for the suggestion, I've been to the place before, formerly called white horse, Will check out the new 1522 though
Old 19th May 2011, 14:23   #1665
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the suggestion, I've been to the place before, formerly called white horse, Will check out the new 1522 though

Correction: White Horse still exists, 1522 is an extension of White Horse
patron is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks