Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 27th December 2007, 14:48   #1
BHPian

Need a Premier Padmini S1

Hi guys
lookin 4 a S1 in mumbai. prefererably in South mumbai. Pls reply in ne ones got sm clue.
Old 3rd December 2009, 22:52   #2
BHPian

Premier padmini S1 is a great car to own, but it takes much effort that a regular premier padmini. So many changes have been made in padmini S1 that, regular mechanics find it difficult in some areas.

I have a padmini S1 now, before this car i had padmini std 1986 model. Not of much complains.

As the case with S1 the day i purchsed this S1 two years back the problem started. First problem I faced was with sliping cluch, then with the thermostat automatic fan. My car is aircontioned so the problem was during hot sunny days the engine tempurature used to cross the half mark. I had to stop the ac for a while then again same thing goes on.

But then loaded four fans in the engine bay to keep the engine temperature in control. Now one fan in engine pulley the other one behind ac condensor, one behind the radiator as in S1 the radiator is situated in the right had side of the car and the last one in front of the radiator.

So in normal conditions the pulley fan does the work, as the temperature increase the thermostat switch activates the fan behind the radiator and when ac is switched on the other two starts to operate. But then problem araised with low battery back up and engine not getting power supply in idle conditions and traffic signals.

So again opted for Tata Indica petrol ac switch, it helped to raise the engine Rpm when the ac is on and helps to have smooth, effort free drive while ac on.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed