Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st May 2022, 10:06   #421

Re: Packers & Movers: Post all queries here

I’ve used Porter, they’re good. But they usually send very less people so it becomes time consuming. Better go with packers and movers if you’re moving a lot of stuff. In my case we just used them to transfer a bit of plants leftover in our old house to the new place. I had to help them because there was only a driver and a helper.
When we moved though, we used Vega for packing and moving. Those guys did a very good job, took care of our antique almirah and our steel almirah without a scratch. They finished the job in half a day! Really hard working chaps. Only advice would be to label your boxes when they pack it. As they do a very quick job and things can get very confusing very quickly
nithin5497 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th June 2022, 12:57   #422
BHPian

Hi guys, so I'll be needing to send some Kitchenware, glasses and stuff (Around 40ish Kgs Or whereabout) from Gurgaon to Manipal and given the delicate nature of few of the items would really be obligated if someone could provide decent recommendations for the same.
Old 27th June 2022, 10:40   #423
BHPian

Hi All,

Anyone here who could recommend a good and safe mover packer company for movement of 1 sofa set recliner (3+1) from Mumbai to Bangalore? Its just that one thing we need to move. Any leads in this matter will be highly appreciated. Movement scheduled within this week.

Thanks
Old 28th July 2022, 11:11   #424
BHPian

I guess I am asking the same question again, but for cars - can never be too sure. So, my apologies beforehand.

Problem Statement:
Need to move my Duster CVT from Kolkata to Bengaluru (around October 2022)

Past Experience:
  1. Didn't have good experience with DRS (agarwalpackers.in) while shifting my Brio from Pune to Kolkata.
  2. Their pickup service was prompt.
  3. Delivery was late & took several rounds of following-up.
  4. When it finally arrived at home, found driver side ORVM hanging on a thread (& not to mention, dust & water spots all over).
  5. They had charged me for insurance (vehicle damage) - but first they were reluctant to admit their fault & then once they admitted - was even more reluctant to make the payment for the fixing. And I never got the money - seems a common malpractice in this trade.

Considerations:
  • I am tempted to drive & take care of business. But assuming it will take ~3 days, I really don't see that happening. I am having a packed schedule in Kolkata & equally (if not more) in Bengaluru - with frequent to-n-fro travels.
  • I checked with local transport companies, getting a quote of 14-17K. But my concern is well being of the vehicle. So, not feeling confident.
  • I noted suggestions around Agarwalpackers - APML & have dropped a note to them (so, should be hearing from them anytime now).
  • I checked with DHL - they don't offer such service, but referred me to Blue Dart. But they too don't offer such service it seems & I had a negative response.

Any other thoughts/feedback/advice please?
Old 3rd August 2022, 14:49   #425
BHPian

A quick update on my last post:
  • I got a quote from the Agarwalpackers - APML
  • Their quote is for Rs. 28,000/- (Note: Local movers had quoted 17K)
  • But when I informed that I intend to move during October, they advised to make a fresh request - as their quotes are valid for 30 days.
  • I noticed in the quotation, it was mentioned "* Quotation provided will be valid, if approved within Fifteen (15) days of submission and the move occurs within Thirty (30) days."

This is the APML one (last time I had used DRS - thinking they were the genuine ones):
Name:  movers01.png
Views: 754
Size:  51.9 KB

The interesting (& confusing) part is:
  1. When I asked their customer support as who will take care of the damages (if any) to the vehicle during transit, they mentioned it will be covered by the vehicle insurance policy only.
  2. Whereas, when I checked with Tata Motors Insurance team, they said - such damages (if any) - during containerized movement will not be covered under car insurance.

Any advise as what's the truth? 🤔

I do see the following lines mentioned in their quotation document against "Transit Risk":
Name:  movers02.png
Views: 784
Size:  80.7 KB

Main Points (in the above section):
  1. * Transit Risk Coverage is arranged for HHG @ 3.00% and for Car @ 1.50% of the total declared value
  2. * Any claim should be intimated and lodged within 72 hours of delivery of the goods. In case of Car/Bike, claim should be intimated and lodged within 12 hours.
  3. * In case of Car/Bike or other articles only exterior damages will be entertained, no claim will be paid for any internal or mechanical fault.

I honestly am confused & looking at these I am more inclined to drive the car myself (concerned about availability of time, but perhaps it will be worth). Aren't there any reliable logistic company to help make such move? Does anyone sense a potential business opportunity here? 😒
Old 3rd August 2022, 18:02   #426
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarbagna View Post
A quick update on my last post:

I honestly am confused & looking at these I am more inclined to drive the car myself (concerned about availability of time, but perhaps it will be worth). Aren't there any reliable logistic company to help make such move? Does anyone sense a potential business opportunity here? 😒
I have used APML twice for transporting bike and each time their service was top notch. Excellent packing and no damages. You can negotiate the price also However this insurance part is always dicey in India as no one wants to take monetary responsibility once things go wrong.

If you want peace of mind, please hire a known professional driver and drive the car taking turns. You can do Kolkata - Vizag in day 1 and Vizag - Bangalore in day 2 with overnight break.
thanixravindran is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2022, 18:28   #427
BHPian

Quote:

The interesting (& confusing) part is:
  1. When I asked their customer support as who will take care of the damages (if any) to the vehicle during transit, they mentioned it will be covered by the vehicle insurance policy only.
  2. Whereas, when I checked with Tata Motors Insurance team, they said - such damages (if any) - during containerized movement will not be covered under car insurance.
Any advise as what's the truth? ��
Any damages to your vehicle while being transported as cargo will not be covered under car's insurance.

Also don't depend on carrier's liability insurance for coverage as it will have lots of limitations such as limited amount, limited perils covered etc. and it won't be an easy task to get the claim sorted out.

If you do want your own insurance policy to cover your cargo while in transit just take a Marine Cargo Insurance policy from one of the reputed insurers.

Quote:
Main Points (in the above section):
  1. * Transit Risk Coverage is arranged for HHG @ 3.00% and for Car @ 1.50% of the total declared value
  2. * Any claim should be intimated and lodged within 72 hours of delivery of the goods. In case of Car/Bike, claim should be intimated and lodged within 12 hours.
  3. * In case of Car/Bike or other articles only exterior damages will be entertained, no claim will be paid for any internal or mechanical fault.
I am guessing the transporter has a marine cargo declaration policy in place and adds your cargo to that list for the extra fee.

If you can get more information on the terms of cover like perils covered, policy excess etc. this MAYBE considered.

Last edited by The Mechanic : 3rd August 2022 at 18:43. Reason: Added more information
The Mechanic is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th August 2022, 14:57   #428
Team-BHP Support

Guys, would appreciate some inputs with the Porter app if anyone has used it for transporting some stuff within the town.

I had ordered the front and rear bumpers for the Zen from an MGP outlet. It’s in one corner of the town, roughly 16 km from my workplace. Since I don’t have the time to go there + with the ongoing metro construction works here in Chennai, commuting has become a nightmare, I thought I’d take the help of a small van (chota haathi as they’re usually called) and I came across this Porter app.

Just a query. If I do the booking, will they go and pick up the stuff from the store or will they expect the parts to be handled by someone else?
Old 15th August 2022, 22:43   #429
Team-BHP Support

Any recommendations on a household goods storage facility in Bangalore, and costs involved?

Upcoming intercity move, with storage needed for a month (maybe two) while the Bangalore house gets prepped for move-in.

I've asked the transporter to confirm if they provide warehousing too, just wanted an independent reference to compare.

Appreciate any advice/pointers.
Old 16th August 2022, 08:53   #430
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
Guys, would appreciate some inputs with the Porter app if anyone has used it for transporting some stuff within the town.

I had ordered the front and rear bumpers for the Zen from an MGP outlet. It’s in one corner of the town, roughly 16 km from my workplace. Since I don’t have the time to go there + with the ongoing metro construction works here in Chennai, commuting has become a nightmare, I thought I’d take the help of a small van (chota haathi as they’re usually called) and I came across this Porter app.

Just a query. If I do the booking, will they go and pick up the stuff from the store or will they expect the parts to be handled by someone else?
Porter also provides option to book a helper along with transport, but generally you are expected to be present to supervise the loading. Once you book the truck, you can coordinate with the driver/helper and MGP people on phone to get things done, but there is a risk of improper loading or damaging which neither will take responsibility for.
Old 16th August 2022, 08:56   #431
BHPian

I'll be moving from Chennai to BLR in about 2 months. Any recommendations for a reliable packets and movers and expected costs for shifting 2BHK and car?

I used Agarwal transport when I moved from Mumbai to Chennai and may go with them again unless I find better options.
Old 16th August 2022, 09:03   #432
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everlearner View Post
Porter also provides option to book a helper along with transport, but generally you are expected to be present to supervise the loading. Once you book the truck, you can coordinate with the driver/helper and MGP people on phone to get things done, but there is a risk of improper loading or damaging which neither will take responsibility for.
Hey thanks! I forgot to update.

I used the Porter 3-wheeler option along with a helper. The helper is basically the driver for 3-wheelers.

He picked up the consignment from the store and dropped it at my workplace gate. I then shifted it to my car and carried it home.

Went pretty smoothly just like booking an Ola/Uber cab. Paid him Rs 50 more because he didn’t make a fuss and delivered, no questions asked.

If I were to personally collect it from the store, it would have been a really hectic job. Saved the efforts and time especially with the metro construction in progress in various parts of the town.
Old 26th October 2022, 09:47   #433

Hi Team,
I am planning to move household items in my same locality (approximately 4 kms distance apart), any suggestions for a good & reliable packers and mover? Thanks in advance!
Old 9th November 2022, 12:42   #434

Hi all

I had a terrible time dealing with Agarwal packers. I had to move my bike from Assam to Bangalore on a short notice. It took them nearly 25 days ( VRL took a week during the lockdown), and their representatives are quite Potty mouthed, when it comes to clam the damages.

And they took 10 percent of the idv as insurance.

I'm attaching the pics of the damage.
Attached Thumbnails
Packers & Movers: Post all queries here-img_20221108_165255_1.jpg  

Packers & Movers: Post all queries here-img_20221108_165228.jpg  

Packers & Movers: Post all queries here-img_20221108_165242.jpg  

Packers & Movers: Post all queries here-img_20221108_165322.jpg  

Packers & Movers: Post all queries here-img_20221108_165815_1.jpg  

Old 12th November 2022, 15:50   #435

I want to shift my car from Kolkata to Bangalore

I had a horrible experience with APML, so looking at any frugal and reliable vendor to transport.

Any leads are appreciated. Thank you!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks