Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st January 2020, 16:47   #376

Re: Packers & Movers: Post all queries here

Hi @ghodlur,

Negotiate hard, APML will give you a discount.
I have been hunting for a packers and movers too (we are shifting to Gurgaon this month) and we have used Agarwal in the past and did not find their service great inspite of the pricing. ( not sure if it was APML though)
Few things I have learnt while talking to multiple packers and movers:
1. check the length of the vehicle to be used
2. Are they providing a separate insurance and what all is covered in it . Most wont cover crockery, glass items.
3. Is there any vehicular change happening across states. With the bigger names this wont happen.
4. Payment terms.

APML had quoted ard 1.4 lads to us for a 4 bhk with a bike transportation included. Negotiations are still on with them. But I got put off by their attitude. I had to call them several times for a revised quote and parallely their customer service executives were calling me up to know the status of my booking. Lack of coordination between them.

It would be great if you could let me know about any other packers and movers you would have come across.

Thanks and Happy New Year
Old 3rd January 2020, 17:40   #377
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tranz View Post
It would be great if you could let me know about any other packers and movers you would have come across.
Hi Tranz,

Thanks for the headsup, will be asking the questions to the P&M guys. Till now I have got quotations from 3 vendors - APML, Sahararelocation & Nobroker. All the quotes are approximately similar and in the same range as APML. Regarding the Insurance, there is a standard 3% of the value of goods & 1.5% for the car value. The goods insurance covers the fragile items too. What disappointed me is the unnecessary long time for the insurance claims if any, on an avg 10 days. I was told by all three that dedicated container 14 ft will be available and car would be transported by another freight container. The average time to reach Bangalore would 4-6 days max. In case I am unable to provide the new accommodation details, the container would be kept in the warehouse at an avg rental cost of Rs 300 per day.

Most P&M vendors have a 70-30 payment terms, was looking for more like 50-50 type payment terms. Good part is the entire transaction will be online so that I can get a valid receipt which I can claim from my company.

Will forward any more references I get.
Old 11th January 2020, 10:08   #378

Hey,

Thanks@ ghodlur ,Did you manage to speak to anyone else?

Also can anyone advice whether insurance should be taken for the goods transported. The insurance slab is fixed at 3% across vendors.
Am worried about my large electronic equipments

Thanks
Old 14th January 2020, 22:40   #379

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkyp View Post
Hi Guys,

I am moving back to Mumbai from Gurgaon. Will be moving my complete House hold goods (furniture, electronics, appliances, kitchen, clothes) + my car.

while I have reached out to Interem (the one I used for the Mum - Del move), are there others you would recommend? Scared to try agarwal - too many negative reviews.
Hey @funkyp,

What service did you finally choose? If you could share your experience it would be great.

Thanks
Old 27th February 2020, 17:34   #380
BHPian

Guys, I need help to move:

1. 21.5 inch iMac
2. Bose Soundbar 700

Source: Chandigarh
Destination: Pune

Q1. I am thinking to take these two in check in luggage and carry on. I have the original packing and was also thinking to bubble wrap with enough cushioning. Has anyone tried that?

Q2. How safe is Fedex or DHL in handling sensitive electronic equipments?

Q3. Any other effective way?

Thanks!
Old 29th July 2020, 12:52   #381
BHPian

Is any packers and movers providing relocation between states in the current scenario? My friend wants to relocate to Trivandrum from Bangalore since offices will not start for a few more months (I guess he wants to save rent).
Old 30th July 2020, 22:34   #382
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This Tata Nexon was transported using a regular goods carrier in place of a car carrier, thus causing major damages to the car. Wondering, how was the car loaded on to it by Chennai Packers and Movers?

Packers & Movers: Post all queries here-tatanexontranspotationaccident7dea.jpg
Packers & Movers: Post all queries here-tatanexontranspotationaccident30805.jpg

It can be seen in the pictures above that the packer and mover company used a normal truck against a flatbed that is generally used to transport cars. Also, to cause further inconvenience to the customer, folks at Chennai Packers and Movers reluctantly denied providing the unloading services. On questioning the driver, the Nexon owner got to know that the car was loaded via a crane, which made him regret more on his decision.
Read more in the link below

https://indianauto.com/stories/tata-...ge-nid6657/amp
Old 7th August 2020, 14:36   #383
BHPian

apart from agrawals any other suggestions for moving a car from Noida to Bangalore. it is a 2010 BMW 320d and Agrawals quoted 38k for the transport which i felt to be too high. any one heard of a company called KCM Car Carriers and have used there service?

any other reliable company leads would be highly appreciated.
Old 20th August 2020, 11:21   #384

Hi Everyone,

I am planning to transport my Hyundai Venue from Bangalore to Bhubaneswar in next week since driving down is not an option for me at present. To transport I am contemplating on https://www.agarwalpackers.com/ and they are giving me a quotation of 28K. Could you please advise if there is any better and safer option or share your experience with Agarwals with respect to car shifting?

Will highly appreciate any help on this. Thanks!
Old 23rd August 2020, 16:04   #385
BHPian

Hello everyone, I am sharing my experience with DRS Group- Agarwal Packers (https://www.agarwalpackers.in/) recently. My Grand i10 had to be shipped from Raipur to Coimbatore. It took them 30 days to do so and with a lot malpractices. I am listing them down with my suggestions.

Name:  logo.png
Views: 1810
Size:  13.7 KB

1. The car's dashcam wiring was removed to prevent recording.

2. The odometer plug was disconnected to not show any milege on the MID. I was shocked to see the odometer not working when I took delivery. All other guages like the Fuel and rpm were working fine. On questioning the person in Coimbatore, he went on to press a electrical connector near the gearbox region and it started working. So, clearly they have intentionally tampered to prevent showing the reading.

3. They had tried to remove the Fasttag and finally settled to cover it with something. I could see cellotape residue around the Fasttag and visible damage.

Being a modern car, I thought it was a difficult job to tamper with the odometer, but I realised I was very wrong. Now, I cant really find out how many kilometers the car was driven. I had received fasttag alerts from a couple of tolls along the way near Hyderabad. The fuel level has reduced a little bit however that can't be an indicator since they would have refuelled.

The staff attitude goes for a flip once the payment is done. So, may be it is a good idea to fill a decent amount of fuel and seal the fuel lid with a tamper-proof material that will indicate any unjustified driving.

30 days to bring a vehicle is a lot but I do give them leeway due to lockdown. I am only concerned about the other unprofessional tampering I have mentioned thay is beyond explanation form their side.
vivee90 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2020, 11:20   #386

What would be the safest & cheapest way to send 4 cartons of size 24*16*16 from Bangalore to Bhatinda, Punjab? Will mostly have clothes

Last edited by abhi.modi05 : 28th August 2020 at 11:41. Reason: Additional information
Old 16th October 2020, 19:48   #387
BHPian

Hi All,

Want to share my experience of using PDY Packers from Chennai to Hyderabad in last week of Sept 2020.

Found the contact in google search and called them up to fix appointment for moving in last week of Sept. I had bike and other house hold items.

Day 1:
Mr.Surendra was the one who came down to my house promptly on the date decided and gave an estimate of 36 K overall. I don’t know if it was okay but when contacted other local movers, got an estimate of 48 K.

Day 2:
The next day a team of 4 came at 10.30 Am, did a very good job packing (including sofa, steel wardrobe) and completed loading into a covered truck by 4.30 PM as promised. Mr.Surendra came down at about 12.30 Pm and carefully made a list of everything that was being loaded. I was impressed by the quality of packing. Bike + household items came to a count of 49

Day 4:
The very next day (3) itself the truck reached Hyderabad by evening. The unloading was done on day 4. The unloading guys were not from PDY but were outsourced, started the unloading at around 10.30 Am (instead of promised time 8 Am) but did the job in 2 hours, opened all the boxes, sofa, assembled the cot.

Mr. Surendra is in this field from a long time and the packing guys did a wonderful job in packing everything. Definitely will recommend them. They do take care of car transportation also and do shipping to other countries like Singapore , Dubai etc.

Last edited by bvasista : 16th October 2020 at 19:57. Reason: Spelling
bvasista is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2020, 10:24   #388
Senior - BHPian

Guys I am contemplating to get my i20 transported to Kolkata from Delhi. I had the following queries and inhibitions:

1. Do I have to be physically present to hand over the car to the packers and movers since I am in Kolkata now?

2. The car is in semi-drivable condition. Basically, the EPS has conked off and it is now without a power steering. Will that be an issue since they usually take the car and drive down to the loading stations (where the truck is parked)

3. Risks: Now I have heard horror stories about Agarwal Packers and Movers (AMP) as well - cars getting damaged, etc. Since I might also opt for them what are the risks I am looking at?

4. Can I trace the truck during transit? Again, my concern arises from horror stories of the truck not traceable for weeks.

5. Reference of any good/reliable movers and packers would be helpful

6. Any other points I should be mindful of?

7. AMP is asking for 20k and a timeline of 7-8 days. Just FYI.

8. Also, I am not able to understand the difference between https://www.agarwalpackers.in/ and https://www.agarwalpackers.com/packe...8aAt1zEALw_wcB. Both seem to be different companies?

Driving down is not an option right now as I dont think it will be safe to drive down with EPS not working in the car. Nevertheless, any other suggestions are welcome.

Last edited by Pancham : 2nd November 2020 at 10:36.
Old 4th November 2020, 21:18   #389
BHPian

For shifting 3BHK house locally within Bangalore which Packers & Movers offers best professional service taking care of everything i.e., packing, transporting, unpacking and arranging items? This is for a friend of mine. He is ok if prices are on higher side but looks for hassle free service. TIA!

Last edited by mohan41 : 4th November 2020 at 21:24.
Old 4th November 2020, 21:37   #390
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi.modi05 View Post
What would be the safest & cheapest way to send 4 cartons of size 24*16*16 from Bangalore to Bhatinda, Punjab? Will mostly have clothes
Sorry for a late response but we recently shipped a few boxes of clothes from Malappuram, KL to Palanpur, GJ through India Post. Reached safe and sound in a week's time. You'll have to check if India Post operates on those pincodes first.

Worried of rats, we took some extra care in packaging by shrink wrapping the boxes using a roll. Please consider getting a roll off Amazon for covering the boxes. It won't protect the consignment against falls but rodents, rainfall etc. A roll will last you a lifetime (unless you work for some courier/shipping company).
Gannu_1 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks