Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th November 2007, 20:52   #16
Senior - BHPian

Thats really sad. May her soul rest in peace.I can't understand why these big companies don't use more reliable sources of dropping and picking up employees. Well,we are all familiar with the driving skills of the cab drivers..now its time to see the cold-blooded side too..God save us all!
Old 5th November 2007, 21:07   #17
BHPian

No matter what statements the Co. or the police come out with, a precious life is already lost. All i can think of now is a suitable punishment to the guilty, for the heinous crime committed, which by itself can act as a stopper for such crimes from being committed in the future :(

Looks like the HP case is still languishing in the courts, trapped between hoards of arguments, evidence, and what not.
Old 5th November 2007, 22:30   #18
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul_intlad View Post
Somebody told me this happened about 35-40 kms on the pune-mumbai express highway,now there is a toll booth right at the beginning of the express highway why did the women not summon for help there.Also there was so much traffic and patrolling going on on the express highway[was stuck in a jam on the expressway[near lonavala] that very day for more than an hour]how come no one noticed the unfortunate incident which is said to have occurred on the roadside,no one tried to intervene.
Isnt this a joke....... Tell me how many people help anyone on the road, i car, 2 cars a million cars will pass by, will any stop?? all will take the quick way out. If the way you say it happened next to the road then atleast a thousand folks must have seen it, but no one must have bothered. Sad state man and each one of us are to be blamed.
Old 5th November 2007, 22:45   #19
Awaiting Email Confirmation

You know what its not gonna be long that people in India are gonna take law into their own hands. I wouldn't be suprised if they started selling guns officially here on the corner streets... bottomline guys who commit crimes like these should be brought out into the open...and fired at with UZI's till the rounds over, for everyone to see.
Old 5th November 2007, 23:05   #20
Senior - BHPian

Just saw an update - the cab driver has confessed to 5 such rapes and killing. I mean what the hell is going on in this country ?

Can't working women get safe transportation ?? And we call our selves forward ?

Last edited by normally_crazy : 5th November 2007 at 23:06.
Old 5th November 2007, 23:20   #21
BHPian

IMHO,the GPS will help the cab owners & call centre's transport deptt.It will make the drivers to follow the routes & explain irregularities.
Govt. should make it must for all the cabs along with a responsible monitoring wing under police/ transport deptt.
Old 5th November 2007, 23:21   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
And we call our selves forward ?
It's only an illusion. Just because we can go and buy a new 997 in a swanky Porsche showroom, isn't any indication of how forward we are. Or just because we sacrificed another 200 trees for a five storey mall where the only thing the common man can afford is the Food Court, isn't an indication either.

Core issues seem to be at an all time law. Law and order quite so.
Old 5th November 2007, 23:37   #23
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
Just saw an update - the cab driver has confessed to 5 such rapes and killing. I mean what the hell is going on in this country ?
This is serious, if its true. My assumption that there are more victims is true. Why 5 and not 50? And thats only one cab driver.
Old 5th November 2007, 23:39   #24
Awaiting Email Confirmation

I'd still say get them out on the street and have old school execution on these kinda guys!
Old 5th November 2007, 23:55   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitroxx View Post
... bottomline guys who commit crimes like these should be brought out into the open...and fired at with UZI's till the rounds over, for everyone to see.
Thats being too leniant. They have to go thru the same (if not more) trauma that the victim did. What a disgrace. abosultely disgusting behaviour.

Last edited by Sideways : 5th November 2007 at 23:58.
Old 6th November 2007, 09:32   #26
BHPian

How about having female drivers coupled with GPS tracking?
Old 6th November 2007, 11:40   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by breezydrive View Post
IMHO,the GPS will help the cab owners & call centre's transport deptt.It will make the drivers to follow the routes & explain irregularities.
Most of the logistics service providers are owned by politicians. They are rude, arrogant & impossible.
Old 6th November 2007, 18:30   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitroxx View Post
guys who commit crimes like these should be brought out into the open...and fired at with UZI's till the rounds over, for everyone to see.
There's hardly any pain in that kind of punishment IMO. Why not use a hammer and powder ever bone joint by joint? That should take care of it.

May her soul rest in peace.

P.S. I saw some pepper spray's in commercial street (blore). Was an imported brand. Cant seem to remember the price though. Wonder why its not available everywhere?

Last edited by n_aditya : 6th November 2007 at 18:33.
Old 6th November 2007, 18:45   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitroxx
I'd still say get them out on the street and have old school execution on these kinda guys!
My dad recommends chopping off one arm and a leg.
I'd say Amen to that!
Old 6th November 2007, 19:06   #30
BHPian

nitrous, an arm & a leg seems good, but shouldnt the most important & culprit ORGAN be punished as well?

I've heard that in some Gulf countries they castrate the rapists & let them lose, so they realise & repent their crime for what ever life is left for them.

Maybe its time that we act like primitives for issues like this.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks