Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st November 2007, 14:14   #31
BHPian

today i got a call from another guy somewhere in chennai. he did identify himself and said that the contents of the mail said that Biil gates wanted to distribute his fortune and it gave people a chance to earn money. secondly the mail had all my information including my company name, company tel nos, my cell no etc.

i have requested him to send me a copy of that mail but havent received it yet.

so i think this is just that my email address is being used but i am still worried that my perosnal information is still on the mail including my company info which isnt good.

how can i stop that mail from spreading.

Mansi
Old 1st November 2007, 18:18   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manaa45 View Post

how can i stop that mail from spreading.

Mansi
really you can't.

but to think of it, isn't that information publicly available (minus ur cellphone) anyway? again, let me tell you, that person was one of probably 10000s who received the mail and ignored it. some people still want to get their share of money from microsoft .

and there isn't better way to increase credibility of the mail than include somebody's personal information in the mail.
Old 2nd November 2007, 09:38   #33
Senior - BHPian

Mansi,

That Bill Gates email is a chain fraud email and if people are calling you up it means your number is there in that mail. Could it be that someone put in your number at the end of the email as the person to contact ?

How did this unidentified person get your number ? Or is he /she known to you ?

Be careful now. Change your number asap and do not check that email id. It will only get you worried more.
Old 2nd November 2007, 11:09   #34
Senior - BHPian

Mam do you have a profile on
LinkedIn: Sign In

It gives an option to contact members directly.
Old 3rd November 2007, 14:41   #35
BHPian

today i have got the copy of that stupid mail from somebody who had contacted me and he obliged me by sending me the copy. the only problem is that, the mail contains my signature i use for my gmail messages

and as far as i see the mail contains contact details of many more people and i did contact one of them and he also said that he hadnt sent any forward.

now the only conclusion i can to, is that if in case the attachement is opened the virus might be active and playing tricks by sending that mail.

i will keep the policy of wait and watch.

Regards

Mansi

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks