Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Analog vs. Digital Clocks: Which Do You Prefer and Why?
Digital 35 21.08%
Analog 138 83.13%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 166. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 14th August 2024, 17:07   #31
BHPian

Re: Analog Vs Digital Watches & Clocks | Your preference?

Really love my analog watches , especially the mechanical watches. I have a Hamilton and a few others.

Since I acquired Apple Watch 6 - Analog watches are just for display as the convenience offered by the Apple watch is unparalleled in my opinion. I wear this day in and day out.
Old 14th August 2024, 17:12   #32
Senior - BHPian

Hate digital smartwatches with a vengeance. To hell with counting steps and calories and heartbeats. I like my watches classic, whether quartz or mechanical, but with three hands instead of a soulless panel which mirrors your phone etc.

The elegance and class of a good analogue timepiece will never be matched by the smartwatches of today or even tomorrow. The only exception that I make is for is my simple G shock DW 5600 which is truly bullet proof and has been my workout timepiece for 7 years now, and which by itself is a cult classic.
arindambasu13 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th August 2024, 17:16   #33
BHPian

I wear Analog watches (Casio/Seiko) for events and functions where I need to be seen as quite formal, but Digital watches almost everywhere else.

It also helps that my choice of digital watch is the tank-like solar-powered G-Shock Rangeman. Other than while bathing, I generally don't even remove it

Analog Vs Digital Watches & Clocks | Your preference?-20240814_171349.jpg

That said, I prefer the clocks in my house to be all Analog only.

I think different folks might require digital or analog depending on the occasion. I don't think it can be a one-type-fits-all.
Small Bot is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th August 2024, 17:30   #34
BHPian

When it comes to watches, I prefer the analog style. I believe a good analog watch is a piece of art, something I would like to have a collection of. No such feelings towards the digital watches. Many times I have thought of buying an Apple Watch, but then I think for that kind of money I could buy an ecodrive or a seiko. As of now I do not own a digital watch or band.
For clocks I am ok with both types. I have owned both types and the preference depends upon where it is supposed to be put. In the bedroom or office desk I would prefer a compact digital clock.

Last edited by Night Raven : 14th August 2024 at 17:33.
Old 14th August 2024, 17:32   #35
Distinguished - BHPian

^^ I always hated G-Shock, until I was gifted one by my wife and then another one and then another one - Not sure If I still like it but that is what I wear mostly

Life is like that, I guess.
Kosfactor is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 14th August 2024, 17:45   #36
BHPian

I use Apple Watch series 8 for everyday use.

But when outing - always Analogue watch.
Old 14th August 2024, 22:43   #37
BHPian

Voted analogue. I love watches. I have 7 watches for 7 days of the week. I also bought a Samsung Galaxy watch, just for the sake of trying. But I found the design boring for everyday use and it is really cumbersome to charge it every day. Also tech is becoming too intrusive, I do not like my every movement getting recorded for companies to analyse and store for further use.
Old 14th August 2024, 23:45   #38

The watch that I use 80% of the time is a classic analogue Citizen Ecodrive. While this particular watch is quite heavy owing to the solar charging as well as the metal strap, I wear it for everything except exercising.
While I tried my hand at digital watches as well as smartwatches, nothing matches the sheer class of a smart steel bracelet watch IMHO.
The other watch that I use is a mix of both worlds, a Timex Expedition digital-analogue combo. She served me well for over 6 years but a few months ago the analogue movement stopped working and the Timex store says they don't have parts for it as it's been discontinued and I receive the same reason from smaller shops as well.
The clocks at home are all purely analogue and the habit of reading the time that's been ingrained in me from my childhood has made it quite weird to look at a wall and see a digital clock
However my favorite clock is a Cuckoo clock that my grandfather got from Germany back in the 80s and still runs perfectly even after several drops and reconstructions and more importantly the humid coastal weather.

Cheers
SB
Old 15th August 2024, 02:23   #39
BHPian

Digital watch for convenience like a Gshock. Analog watches for satiating the desires of heart. I have few Automatics which I reserve for occassions. Voted Analog
Old 15th August 2024, 05:54   #40
BHPian

Smartwatches once you're past 60 or 70.

Metal G-Shocks/Casioaks or Seiko analogs for jewellery.

F91W to get a good wife.

Resin G-Shock squares for everything else.

Last edited by Formula1 : 15th August 2024 at 06:07.
Formula1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th August 2024, 08:33   #41
BHPian

Analog for both watches and clocks.

I haven't yet seen a digital wall clock whose design really appealed to me. If I do I might change my mind about this because digital wall clocks definitely have more potential. I wonder if there are wall clocks with e-ink displays.

Once upon a time I moved to a country where wearing a jacket, thermals etc was necessary. Their long sleeves kept fouling with my watch due to which I temporarily stopped wearing a watch. That has now become permanent even after I moved back to India.

Initially I thought it would be difficult not having the convenience of checking the time with the flick of my wrist, but it wasn't! I realised I do not need to know the time all the time (pun intended) and when I do I can just check it on my phone. Or my computer, which I use a lot.

One less thing to think about.
voldemort is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th August 2024, 19:20   #42
Senior - BHPian

Sporting my HMT Pilot Mechanical Hand wound wrist watch this Independence Day.

Analog Vs Digital Watches & Clocks | Your preference?-img_20240815_191719.jpg

Seems like off lately HMT website is not showing mechanical hand wound watches for sale. Maybe they're all out inventory and mechanical hand wound movements.
navin_v8 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks