Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Choose your preference of Size & Colour scheme...
SIZE: Regular preferred 199 27.07%
SIZE: Mini preferred 559 76.05%
COLOUR: Red preferred 475 64.63%
COLOUR: Yellow preferred 349 47.48%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 735. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 31st July 2024, 10:52   #1
Team-BHP Support

Team-BHP Jet-Tag keychains : Preferences?

Hello all,

Have a few new Team-BHP products in the pipeline, and this is one of them - thanks to Vid6639's insistence

For those not familiar with Jet Tags, here are some examples:
Team-BHP Jet-Tag keychains : Preferences?-jet-tag-samples.png

Our designs will have 1 side saying "TEAM-BHP" and the other saying "Live to DRIVE" (and "Live to RIDE" as well for the bikers ):
Team-BHP Jet-Tag keychains : Preferences?-design.jpg

Pre-production samples:
Team-BHP Jet-Tag keychains : Preferences?-20240703-pxl_20240703_111340835.jpg

I wanted to get some feedback on 2 things, just so i can determine the order ratios:

1) Preferred Size
2) Preferred Colour Scheme

Size?

Regular: 13cm long
vs.
Mini: 10cm long

Team-BHP Jet-Tag keychains : Preferences?-pxl_20240730_105307400_edit_text.jpg

Team-BHP Jet-Tag keychains : Preferences?-pxl_20240730_105554953_edit.jpg

Colour Scheme?

Red
vs.
Yellow

Team-BHP Jet-Tag keychains : Preferences?-pxl_20240730_105903802_edit.jpg

Please do vote in the poll above with your general preference. Request you to select just 1 "size" option and 1 "colour" option.

Thanks!
R

Last edited by Rehaan : 31st July 2024 at 11:23.
Rehaan is offline   (61) Thanks
Old 31st July 2024, 11:00   #2
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Team-BHP Jet-Tag keychains : Preferences?

Looks nice!!!
I prefer the regular 13cm size and both colour combinations, Black&Red and Yellow

The black & red is popular as a theme for the Team BHP site and LTD is famous in Yellow colour, so could we have a combo/mashup with the TEAM BHP side in Black & Red and the LIVE TO DRIVE side in yellow ?
NPV is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 31st July 2024, 11:05   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Team-BHP Jet-Tag keychains : Preferences?

Voted. But I am loving the micro, pen-drive sized LtD option you have next to the KIA key. Can we (also) have that one?
ninjatalli is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 31st July 2024, 11:09   #4
Team-BHP Support

Re: Team-BHP Jet-Tag keychains : Preferences?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
Voted. But I am loving the micro, pen-drive sized LtD option you have next to the KIA key. Can we (also) have that one?
That is the "Mini" version...

Yes, we will probably have most, if not all options & combinations.

The objective here is for me to figure out the preferences, so I can get the order ratios correct.

• Mini vs Regular

• Red vs Yellow

• Drive vs Ride -- I guess members can mention this in their replies, as IMO I think bikers might prefer the larger size, while car keys might be better with the MINI version?

EDIT: Ahh, turns out you were referring to the piece of the existing LTD keychain that had been placed there for scale. Have clarified in the image now.

Last edited by Rehaan : 31st July 2024 at 11:25.
Rehaan is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 31st July 2024, 11:14   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
• Drive vs Ride -- I guess members can mention this in their replies, as IMO I think bikers might prefer the larger size, while car keys might be better with the MINI version?
LtD is the best known tag with regards to T-bhp; even outside forum members/users. There are so many fake copies of this on taxis, autos, and every possible 4 wheeler on the road. 'Live to Ride' is not something the average Joe will associate with this forum. So 'LtD' anyday over 'LtR'.

Last edited by Rehaan : 31st July 2024 at 11:24. Reason: Have clarified in pic in original post. Removing from here to avoid further confusion :)
ninjatalli is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st July 2024, 11:56   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

Voted for Mini size as I felt the other one would be a bit too long given the key fobs themselves are small these days.

Voted for black-red even though I love the yellow, for ease of maintenance. My yellow LTD key chains tend to soil and smudge soon due to the light color.

PS: Is it time to introduce some blues in the color mix? I absolutely dig the Xenon blue caliper color on LR Defender Bond edition. Looks so hot on black background!
ashis89 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 31st July 2024, 12:03   #7
Team-BHP Support

Mini, with the Red color scheme. Discreet, yet appealing, in my opinion. The same way i love the black T Shirts with the slight dash of red as opposed to any of the other colors.
benbsb29 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st July 2024, 12:11   #8
BHPian

Voted for the mini size with the red colour scheme - the perfect combination of sportiness with timeless elegance.

@Rehaan, just as a mere suggestion from my end, how about a future version that features a colourway along the lines of this sticker:
Team-BHP Jet-Tag keychains : Preferences?-img_4196.jpeg

That being said, no matter what colourway it comes out in, I’ll definitely be ready to get it
Arsenic is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 31st July 2024, 12:33   #9
Distinguished - BHPian

Great initiative Rehaan! These look super cool when compared to regular key rings.

I have a couple of Jet tags (official) which are 11 cm. and could have been even better if they were a size smaller. What I feel from regular use is that a 10cm size, which is the Mini, is the perfect size to go for. Color options are subjective, though darker shades would fare better in the long run as dirt would show up less on them.

Attaching pics of my jet tag (both sides) for reference.

Team-BHP Jet-Tag keychains : Preferences?-069e6454e508484fb990c3ea9222db73.jpeg

Team-BHP Jet-Tag keychains : Preferences?-e6b5d947163045a98f78475301af57e7.jpeg

Last edited by aah78 : 17th August 2024 at 20:49. Reason: Pictures inserted in-line.
saket77 is offline   (21) Thanks
Old 31st July 2024, 12:39   #10
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
So, I'm not the only one who's eye was caught by that one, was it? Glad to know I'm in good company.

Yes, I too love that LtD's diminutive size and appearance.

@Rehaan - just a thought on the stylistic aspect - would it be worth reducing the size of the text a little, so that more of the background is seen around the text like a border? For instance, if you consider the "real men like curves" example you've given, the black background shows through nicely around the text, and is further complemented by the red piping.

Also, the dark/gunmetal shade of the rings looks nice
arunphilip is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 31st July 2024, 13:44   #11
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
Voted for black-red even though I love the yellow, for ease of maintenance.
This is also what made me put black around the edge of the Yellow option, rather than a darker yellow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
PS: Is it time to introduce some blues in the color mix? I absolutely dig the Xenon blue caliper color on LR Defender Bond edition.
Oooh yeah, I'm dying to use anodized blue or red in some product.

Hope to explore new colours, though don't think they'll make it to the Jet Tags.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arsenic View Post
how about a future version that features a colourway along the lines of this sticker:
I did actually evaluate an option like this (not gonna show a mock-up, because I don't want to create any FOMO!). Will see if i can introduce it in the future if the Jet Tags are popular.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
I have a couple of Jet tags (official) which are 11 cm. and could have been even better if they were a size smaller. What I feel from regular use is that a 10cm size, which is the Mini, is the perfect size to go for.
Actually 13 x 3 cm is pretty much the universal size for Jet Tags, but I did find it rather big, hence came up with the idea of the 10 x 2.5 cm Minis

Another thing that I didn't like was the standard rectangular shape (or < pointy-ended shape that some others offer), and modified them to be the current shape.

Team-BHP Jet-Tag keychains : Preferences?-20240731-screenshot-01.47pm-31623.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post
just a thought on the stylistic aspect - would it be worth reducing the size of the text a little, so that more of the background is seen around the text like a border?
Thanks for mentioning this... It's something I was considering too. Let me see if it's feasible, as I'm always scared to rock the boat between sampling & production.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post
Also, the dark/gunmetal shade of the rings looks nice
Thanks for noticing! We will be using gunmetal flat-rings, with "TEAM-BHP" engraved on them

(The pics show a hodge podge of rings, as I was trying out different options & sizes).

Last edited by Rehaan : 31st July 2024 at 13:48.
Rehaan is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 31st July 2024, 14:26   #12
Senior - BHPian

@Rehaan - I voted for size = regular and colour = Yellow. But on second thought, want to change my preference for size = mini. Can this be done? Sorry for the hassle.
comfortablynumb is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 31st July 2024, 14:28   #13
BHPian

I voted for the regular size and red colour.

Regarding the mini size, I can't comment as I have only seen the regular size, which is around 13-15 cm. From the picture, the mini size looks small for a keychain.

I agree with @NPV that we should get a combo of yellow and red colours, with one side of the Team BHP in black and red and the other side in yellow with 'LIVE TO DRIVE', is this possible?

Additionally, for 'Drive vs Ride', I think we should stick to 'LIVE TO DRIVE' as it is more associated with Team BHP.
It's Magic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2024, 16:29   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
Please do vote in the poll above with your general preference. Request you to select just 1 "size" option and 1 "colour" option.
Voted for Mini and the color Yellow! While both the colors looks neat, Yellow patch with the LTD written on it has our heart. I think most of us on the forum will vouch for it. That is our identity

While each has their own preferences, just thinking out loud - 13cm for a tag, isn't it a bit too big/long for daily usage as a keychain? It could be a great identifying mark for the luggage during our travels though. What are the odds of having multiple Bhians with these tags flying in the same airplane and has these tags used on their luggage too!

Thanks again Rehaan and team for coming up with such interesting goodies.

Cheers,
R-Six

Last edited by aah78 : 17th August 2024 at 20:49. Reason: Quote trimmed.
R-Six is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2024, 10:02   #15
Distinguished - BHPian

For bikers ’Live to Ride’ the mini version would work better.

You can expect order for at least half a dozen of those from me in yellow

Team-BHP Jet-Tag keychains : Preferences?-img_7405.jpeg

Live to Ride would look so cool on the bikes thank you for creating this
SnS_12 is online now   (6) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks