Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th July 2024, 17:08   #1
BHPian

Do you have any Team-BHP regrets?

This is an interesting thread idea I’ve had for a while. So, in a similar vein to this thread about username changes (If given a chance, would you change your Team-BHP handle?) and this thread about our general automotive regrets (Tell us about your automotive regrets!), what are your regrets about your time on this forum?

Starting off with mine:

1. Not posting frequently enough
As much as I advocate for quality over quantity, I do think that a lot of my time on this forum is wasted just lurking around. At the same time, this one is a bit like a double-edged sword for me - I would never want to sacrifice the quality of my posts in the process of simply adding numbers to my post count.

2. Not thinking through before I post (occasionally)
This was a big issue during my early days (but lesser so after I had spent a significant period of time here) in the forum - I’d sometimes post without really thinking through / researching my thoughts before putting them up. Thankfully, I’ve managed to overcome this bad habit for the most part - and I’m now extra careful before posting

3. Not posting an introduction thread
This one’s a bit silly, I know - especially because in theory it’s never too late to post an introductory thread. That being said, I’d have loved to post an introduction at the start of my time on my forum, just as a way to get to know the community a bit better. More than two years down the line, I don’t regret it as much - for I find that my various interactions online as well as my offline meet experience that I thoroughly enjoyed have compensated for not posting that thread at the start.

These are my primary three regrets about my time spent ON the forum - but the thing I will definitely never regret is joining Team-BHP in the first place
Arsenic is offline   (42) Thanks
Old 1st August 2024, 12:33   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Do you have any Team-BHP regrets?

Thread moved from the Assembly Line to the Shifting Gears section. Thanks for sharing!

My list of regrets

- Username Rush instead of GTO

- Wish we had focussed on motorcycle reviews as much as cars, although thanks to the support of our Motorcycle Moderators, this is on the way to getting fixed.

- Participate in more Team-BHP meets; main restriction is that my weekends are already full with family, siblings, childhood friends and test-drives of new cars.

- Do video reviews as well as we do text + photo reviews. Hope to fix it sometime.

On the other hand, I'm extremely happy with where Team-BHP has come, its strong community, top-class discussions, powerful brand, massive traffic, all the wonderful people I've met through Team-BHP and how it blesses my life with such wonderful cars. I drive 25 - 40 new cars a year and cherish that experience; driving a new car every weekend or so is much better than even driving the same Ferrari every day.

Last edited by GTO : 1st August 2024 at 13:28. Reason: Adding my regrets
GTO is offline   (75) Thanks
Old 1st August 2024, 12:51   #3
BHPian

My username!
I wish I gave my username as "Kishor" instead of the one that I have right now. This is my only regret w.r.t this forum.
saikishor is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 1st August 2024, 13:18   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saikishor View Post
My username!
I wish I gave my username as "Kishor" instead of the one that I have right now. This is my only regret w.r.t this forum.
+1
When anyone reads my username they assume it to be Sharma (a North-Indian surname)+nova which is not the case.
My username is derived from my name "Sharman" and the word nova
sharmanova is online now   (11) Thanks
Old 1st August 2024, 13:26   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

Yes - I did not attempt to join this wonderful forum early enough and lost the opportunity to interact with BD Sir.

I bought his creation though, Love it. It`s going to make sure that I`m going to watch my weight, keep myself fit and never underestimate what a bunch of passionate people can achieve against all odds and with limited resources.
Kosfactor is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 1st August 2024, 13:41   #6
BHPian

Great thread idea! Here are some of my regrets:

1. Not documenting new car observations enough:
I've visited car showrooms multiple times in the past year to check out some interesting launches, but I've only posted on the 2024 Hyundai Creta. I'm always torn - one part of me thinks my observations aren't worthy enough to be documented because: a. A bunch of BHPians have already posted their observations before me, and b. I'm only 18, so do my observations even count? The other part of me, however, constantly asks, "What's the point of being a BHPian?" because even though I could contribute, I chose not to.

2. Not being active in the "What Car?" section:
As an enthusiast who very closely follows the automotive industry, I think I have it in me to guide people in their car buying process; in fact, I've helped quite a few people offline. However, I've hardly done it on Team-BHP.

3a. No ownership review yet:
We purchased a Honda City two years back, yet I haven't posted an ownership review so far. I could blame it on my tight academic schedule and board exams, but at the end of the day, laziness has played no small part in the delay! However, for the past 3 months, I've been writing a detailed review and it's very close to being completed. Soon, this will turn into something I regretted, and not regret.

3b. Not documented a road trip:
This is an extention of the above point. We recently went on a 1700 km roadtrip and I haven't started writing about it.. yet, that is. Will get to work soon

4. Not verifying a piece of info before posting:
Once, I had created a thread about a Harrier whose front fascia melted due to Bangalore heat. However, BHPians soon questioned the credibility of the article and that's when I realised the sheer stupidity on my part. Since then, I've diligently cross-checked and verified every piece of news before posting.

5. Not reporting posts enough:
Whether it is to bring the attention of a moderator to a poorly written post or to a brilliant post buried in a thread, I think I'm not using the 'Report' feature as much as I ought to.

One good thing about most of my regrets is that they are temporary and can be reversed. I will definitely work towards being a "better BHPian" so to speak.

P.S: Thank you @Arsenic for giving me a chance to retrospect about my Team-BHP actions! Didn't really give it a long thought before coming across this thread

Last edited by CentreOfGravity : 1st August 2024 at 13:50.
CentreOfGravity is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 1st August 2024, 13:51   #7
BHPian

I regret not joining the forum earlier. I discovered the forum back in 2020 when I was below the driving age. I desperately wanted to be a part of the interesting discussions held here but refrained from applying for a membership because I was under the impression that the moderators would never allow someone under 18 to become a member.
quad_exhaust is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st August 2024, 13:53   #8
Distinguished - BHPian

I dont really have a past regret, however, nowadays, I'm not getting to spend enough time on the forum. Looks like I will regret it!
dhanushs is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st August 2024, 13:55   #9
BHPian

Two regrets:

1. Did not join earlier. Teambhp has to be one of the finest online forums in this country. Being a member has been incredibly enlightening, making it a highly rewarding experience.

2. Responded to a few fanboys and tried to reason with them who would relentlessly debate with some very bizzare and exaggerated arguments. In hindsight, I realized that I could have handled them with more grace - so I added them to my "Ignore list" . Complete mental peace now as I don't see their posts anymore.
Col Mehta is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 1st August 2024, 14:11   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arsenic View Post
1. Not posting frequently enough
I too have this regret. I spend a lot of time reading various posts rather than actually posting something. During these readings, if I find something to reply to, I do reply, and that's about it.

Before joining the forum, I used to think about posting ownership reviews or travelogues, but after joining, unfortunately, I am yet to post any. Mostly, I check Team BHP whenever I get some free time, so with limited time in hand, it is mostly spent reading only.

In the past few years, I have helped multiple people with their vehicle purchases but have hardly put up anything on the forum, like showroom experiences, the overall buying process, or quick things I noticed about vehicles during test drives. I am planning to write things down as notes whenever I get the chance so that I can put more valuable posts on the forum.
It's Magic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2024, 14:12   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
My list of regrets

- Username Rush instead of GTO
I thought of this only just by reading the title of the thread in my "New Posts" list.

I can't post few things with my real name I selected as my user name.

Wish I had chosen a different username in 2008.
mukeshgoel is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st August 2024, 14:43   #12

My list of regrets
  1. Not able to post on my new car purchase
  2. Not able to post on the long trips I went on
  3. Not able to thank enough people here for their valuable insights and reviews
sirilu1318 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2024, 17:24   #13
Senior - BHPian

I regret supporting the Harrier initially to an extent, I got into one argument and faced a ban. Did I get a free car from Tata? No!
Sebring is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 1st August 2024, 18:56   #14
Senior - BHPian

I have done a lot of things in life that, in hindsight, could have been handled differently; there have even been instances which have resulted in lifelong regrets.

But if there's one space that has been absolutely beautiful and full of learnings is this forum. The inherent sense of responsibility and the onus on accountability that are sine qua non with posting here have been a godsend addition to my list of life lessons.

Ergo, absolutely no regrets!
dailydriver is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 1st August 2024, 21:12   #15
BHPian

Just one regret. Almost 16 years on this forum and I've still not managed to become a senior. Ridiculous!
I'm always logged into Tbhp and read everything but I suppose I should participate more.
Roy.S is online now   (11) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks