Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th July 2024, 15:08   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Clarkson, Hammond & May dissolve their production house; Unlikely to work together again

They probably ran out of ideas to outdo their past adventures. None of them are getting any younger, so even matching that lunacy (forget beating it), must be taking a toll on them.

Thank you gentlemen for everything!

By the way, this news was doing rounds for a while, so can’t say I am surprised.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/inter...r-end-era.html (Clarkson, Hammond & May quit The Grand Tour | End of an era)

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/inter...ed-format.html (The Grand Tour could be rebooted with new hosts & an updated format)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
For those who do not know, they should. It's a piece of motor-programming history and a piece of rock history. And I once saw them playing it at a festival in GB: circa 1973ish
I didn’t know this. It will probably still be the TG tune for me!

Thanks for sharing
Dry Ice is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2024, 13:07   #17
BHPian

Re: Clarkson, Hammond & May dissolve their production house; Unlikely to work together again

Here's to the orangutan, the hamster and captain slow, the greatest television trio.....in the world!
John316_WRC is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2024, 23:24   #18

These three legends were the ones who got me this deep into automobiles in the first place. The trio coming back in The Grand Tour after all the Top Gear drama was such a relief, but now they're leaving? Sad times
Old 22nd August 2024, 18:32   #19
BHPian

Dropping in Sep 13

Old 23rd August 2024, 00:33   #20
Senior - BHPian

Guys is there somewhere on the internet where I can permanently buy the trio's Top Gear series and access it from anywhere and watch it as and when I'm free?

Amazon has the grand tour series. But where to find the top gear series. Youtube has it in bits and pieces. Please suggest.
Old 23rd August 2024, 09:59   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navpreet318 View Post
Guys is there somewhere on the internet where I can permanently buy the trio's Top Gear series and access it from anywhere and watch it as and when I'm free?

Amazon has the grand tour series. But where to find the top gear series. Youtube has it in bits and pieces. Please suggest.
I have a bunch of the original TopGear episodes on my iPad. The BBC used to have them on iTunes for quite a while. Not sure how it works these days, but you would need a UK bank account or use a VPN or so.

Still enjoying some of these episodes!

Jeroen
Jeroen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2024, 18:46   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToThePoint View Post
Dropping in Sep 13
I am so glad they knew it would be the last ep while shooting, I hope it's going to be a proper farewell! Please make the final episode less scripted . I don't know what will be missed more Clarkson's meme content or James' weird humour. The trio will always be the greatest automotive journalist of all time. All we have now is Clarkson's farm. I also heard that James May is starting a new historical travel show, we will have to wait and see if it's good.
Old 24th August 2024, 11:30   #23
Senior - BHPian

My 12 year old son is so hooked onto the shows made by these guys so much so that we have seen all of the Grand tour episodes almost twice now.

Its a real shame that most of the original top gear episodes are not available in india. I had subscribed to the Discovery OTT platform so as to catch some episodes of top gear where the trio of Clarkson, Hammond and James may host the show. I think there were quite a bit of their episodes on discovery until last year or before, but now nothing. So its almost impossible to find these episodes. Im even surprised that BBC’s own streaming platform does not have the old Top gear episodes.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks