Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th August 2007, 11:19   #1
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Brutality of Bihar cops / mob once again!

Yes, I dont generally post such things here but this episode of mob brutality and Bihar (Bihar is a state in India known for all this) police's act of wrong usage of power and brutality against* Mohammad Aurangzeb alias Saleem of Nathnagar town, Bhagalpur district, about 150 km from the state capital Patna.

The gruesome videos are already doing the rounds of Internet.
For all you readers (from outside) this will be shocking to say the least but then this is the reality, and does happen in many parts of India. Its a shame!

You can also read more here :

Tension in Bihar town after police brutality - Yahoo! India News
Bhagalpur incident: NHRC notice to Bihar Police
Tension in Bihar town after police brutality | Indian Muslims

You tube vid links:

Old 29th August 2007, 11:28   #2
BHPian

I saw this on the news channels yesterday and was felt soo bad about our country's state of affairs, how can anybody treate anybody like that, it was simply grusom, I really wish some stern action is taken against the cops and people who where beating up this gentelman like crazy.
Old 29th August 2007, 11:31   #3
BHPian

We have a saying in our region here amongst people from the North. Agar kisi ko sudhaarna hai toh usko Bihar ke jail mein bhej do! But seriously, this particular incident reminded me of our movies. Pulling a person on horseback. Man this sucks!
Old 29th August 2007, 11:47   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicmanaman View Post
I really wish some stern action is taken against the cops and people who where beating up this gentelman like crazy.
I would not call a chain snatcher a "gentleman" but surely he did not deserve the inhuman treatment, I am not surprised though, Bihar is known for atrocities of all kinds.
Old 29th August 2007, 11:54   #5
Senior - BHPian

He is possibly a chain snatcher, but this punishment to him was not warranted. Mob does it sometimes, but police joining the mob and meting out this barbaric act is deplorable. This looks like we have gone back to some medevial times.
Old 29th August 2007, 12:01   #6
BANNED

I am very much upset with these news channels, all the time they will be shooting these incidents rather than helping the people.And the way they keep on showing the video is horrifying.I think so now the censor board should also catagorized these channels as per the content they are showing.
Old 29th August 2007, 12:21   #7
Senior - BHPian

well that was Bihar, and the new crew must have been some 5 of them, they will end up getting roughed up if they tried anything on spot, sad part is cops joined the party, this reminds me of Afghanistan. Capitol punishment.
Old 29th August 2007, 13:47   #8
BHPian

I don't think the media can be blamed for not helping out. They would have surely met the same fate. By surviving to report the incident they are at least bringing it the attention it deserves. Otherwise, they would have gotten beaten up just like the victim and most likely killed.

That would have been the end of it. No one would have heard about what really happened. I personally think the media's job is to report and we should instead expect the police to defend citizens.

Last edited by cypher : 29th August 2007 at 14:04.
Old 29th August 2007, 14:51   #9
Team-BHP Support

Bhagalpur... Hmm, older chaps might recall an incidence from late 70s or early 80s when Bhagalpur police poked holes into lockup inmates eyes and poured acid into it. I wonder when our country gets professional police force.
Old 29th August 2007, 17:45   #10
Senior - BHPian

That is where they got the movie - Gangajal made. Was based in Bhagalpur.

BTW this beating of the youth by public was so uncalled for. It was a horriffic sight to view on yr tellies. Poor Guy - I have sympathy with him even if he is a thief. There is something called Humanity after all.

Strange & Sad times we live in.

Also the latest in my town - The Agra Riots - Been sitting the entire day at home .
Old 29th August 2007, 18:36   #11
Senior - BHPian

I like the idea of beating up the thieves. wish We cud do the same to the ones that steal our tax monies. all the scams that politicians do deserve such beating by foot.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks