Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th July 2024, 07:04   #31
Team-BHP Support

re: Euro Cup 2024 in Germany EDIT : Spain are the Euro Champions

Netherlands vs England - Semi Final 2

England make it to the finals of the Euro Cup, for the second time in a row. Brilliant goal from Watkins in the final minutes of standard time, but personally the team didn't deserve the win.

IMHO, the penalty awarded to Kane was the turning point and ideally was self-inflicted damage rather than a deliberate foul as both players were going for the ball and Kane's kick came into contact with Dumfries's boot.

Unfortunate for the Netherlands, who once again stumble in the final stages of yet another tournament.
benbsb29 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2024, 07:56   #32
Team-BHP Support

Netherlands - England Semis

Didn’t agree with the penalty at all but still was a good match overall. The first and third goals were both top class. I do think both teams were decently matched (in their respective part quality part underwhelming sort of way).

In my books, the Spain - Germany quarter final remains the highlight match so far, worthy of being a final in itself. The two semis were reasonably matched for thrills although I think I enjoyed the Spain - France semis more. Spain will enter the finals IMO as the favoured team to win I suppose basis their form so far.
Old 11th July 2024, 09:21   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Unfortunate for the Netherlands, who once again stumble in the final stages of yet another tournament.
Netherland is to football is what South Africa is to cricket

I so much wanted them to make through to the finals (with the kind of football they displayed), but there's a twist in the tale. Seeing England play in this tournament, I guess it will be a dud finals and cake walk for Spaniards.

Last edited by NomadSK : 11th July 2024 at 09:22.
NomadSK is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th July 2024, 10:06   #34
Distinguished - BHPian

Spain are good, potentially great, but England and Southgate are lucky. And like Napoleon said, "I know he's a good general, but is he lucky?" Looking forward to the final!

Last edited by am1m : 11th July 2024 at 10:08.
Old 11th July 2024, 11:30   #35
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadSK View Post
Netherland is to football is what South Africa is to cricket
Totally agree!

Quote:
Originally Posted by am1m View Post
Spain are good, potentially great, but England and Southgate are lucky. And like Napoleon said, "I know he's a good general, but is he lucky?" Looking forward to the final!
How else can we explain a team that is on the verge of losing on more than one occasion, only to score goals in the dying minutes and getting lifelines that they then latched onto and scrambled free? Let's not even talk about the penalties.
benbsb29 is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 11th July 2024, 12:11   #36
BHPian

P-R-I-O-R-I-T-I-E-S

Euro Cup 2024 in Germany EDIT : Spain are the Euro Champions-img_8568.jpeg

P.S.- It’s not coming home!
ex-innova-guy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2024, 12:26   #37
Distinguished - BHPian

I don’t know if Holland will ever play any major final at all despite having such talented players for so long ! A team which I immensely love but yet, every time they promise more, only to be fizzled out. The early goal yesterday was such a joy but then came the atrocious penalty decision. I say atrocious since it was awarded after a video replay of the whole incident ! The referee clearly saw some other footage which the whole world didn’t

Both France and England played sub par on the way to the semi finals. France deservedly got booted out by Spain but England got lucky again. English fans will be over the moon probably by two successive Euro finals but not realising what awaits them in the finals. Even Georgia played better football than this team of superstars from England and yet, they will be playing the finals.
ABHI_1512 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th July 2024, 02:25   #38
Team-BHP Support

It’s NOT coming home…

Congrats Spain. You played the best football all tournament and well deserved as European Cup champions 2024.
benbsb29 is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 15th July 2024, 02:42   #39
BHPian

Re: Euro Cup 2024 in Germany EDIT : Spain are the Euro Champions

What a cracking second half it was. In-form Palmer brought on as a sub played out well for England, but not as well as Oyarzabal! His through ball to Cucurella was inch-perfect, which Walker couldn’t intercept, and Cucurella returned the favour with a beautiful assist.

As expected, it’s not coming home. Happy that they lost on normal time rather than penalties. If they had lost there, we all know how toxic it would have been again. They have talented lads, but the chemistry just isn’t there as a team.
ex-innova-guy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2024, 04:51   #40
BHPian

Re: Euro Cup 2024 in Germany EDIT : Spain are the Euro Champions

Congrats to Spain! They played beautiful football and well-deserved champions of EURO 2024. This is their fourth EURO (1964,2008,2012 and 2024) which is the most of any nation in the competition. Heartbroken for England, it's their second consecutive EURO final loss (Italy in Euro 2020 and Spain in 2024)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks