Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd July 2024, 22:26   #211
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2024 T20 World Cup Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by VWAllstar View Post
Victory Lap on 4th July at Mumbai.
I hope they consider the stampede like situation which happened yesterday. Will try to watch if it's telecasted somewhere.
harry10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th July 2024, 13:52   #212
BHPian

Wonderful win, team made us happy with this win and in recent major tournaments, in general
2021 World Test Championship Finalist,
Won away test series 2-1 in Austalia
2023 ODI World Cup Finalist,
World Test Championship Finalist
2024 T20I World Cup Winners
They won the trophy and 21 crores of prize money along with it.
To top it up, BCCI went overboard and announced a very generous 125 Crores bonus.

To me, this is too much (bonus of more than 6x prize money), considering the players are already well-paid.
If anything, BCCI should have awarded a smaller bonus and spent that kind of money to improve domestic infrastructure and/or the facilities provided to the fans and paying public in the stadiums

Off topic : Hope this is not true :
Air India cancels Newark-Delhi flight to bring Indian cricketers from Barbados
Old 5th July 2024, 19:42   #213
BHPian

I just had to post here after the AI charter flight fiasco and the insane photos of the crowd gathered to celebrate India's win.

Its great that we won a cup after so many years but the Hero/God worship is just too much. We seem to have ICC tournaments almost every year now between the 2-year test championship, 2-year T20 world cup and the regular 4-year ODI world cup.

It just does not feel special anymore. More so because there only have a handful of decently competitive international teams at the moment. However, given the size of the crowd that gathered to celebrate the victory in Mumbai - I seem to be in the vast minority on this.

We won it after an extended period of drought but with the amount that our country and people have invested into the sport - monetarily/physically/mentally - winning should be more commonplace. I am sure it is insane how big the gap is in terms of our investment compared to the other countries in the tournament.

It is almost like we are celebrating an unexpected win after a long period of mediocrity. Maybe if we actually started winning somewhat regularly this hype/worship will die down.
solaris007 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 6th July 2024, 12:15   #214
Distinguished - BHPian

The flip side of the massive crowd turnout during the victory procession at Marine Drive, Mumbai, was that the residents were inconvenienced. Nothing about the possible crowd turnout was informed to the residents by either the BCCI or the police. A patient moving in a car was inconvenienced. Residents fumed at being confined to their premises for hours together. They say luckily there were no medical emergencies.

The fans entered the building premises, climbed upon parked cars of the residents to view the players and while climbing atop and after being perched, the cars suffered dents and some had broken windscreens and antennas.

The newslink:-

https://www.mid-day.com/amp/mumbai/m...ource=inshorts
anjan_c2007 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2024, 12:09   #215
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by redCherry View Post
Wonderful win, team made us happy with this win ... BCCI went overboard and announced a very generous 125 Crores bonus. To me, this is too much (bonus of more than 6x prize money), considering the players are already well-paid.
If anything, BCCI should have awarded a smaller bonus and spent that kind of money to improve domestic infrastructure and/or the facilities provided to the fans and paying public in the stadiums...
But why? It's BCCI's money. They are a non-profit, so all the profit is anyway reinvested in the domestic structure. They even award pensions now to ex-cricketers.

It's their money and they deem fit to award it to a WC Winning team. I see no issue with that. It is just a simple message to the team. Win WCs and you will be awarded well. Don't just play for IPL.

Just because someone is paid well, doesn't mean you rob them of an award for exceptional performance.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks