Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th June 2024, 01:36   #151
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2024 T20 World Cup Thread

Rohit was brilliant on a slow, low tricky wicket.

SKY proved all naysayers his value in knockouts. Some really cool shots today.

Bapu, Kuldeep and Bumrah were Outstanding as usual. Our Bowlers are Epic.

Even Jaddu did really good today with bat and ball.

So Glad match happened and we demolished England to get into the finals..
harry10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th June 2024, 06:25   #152
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

An excellent performance by Team India with the bat, ball and fielding. Defeating England and going into the final means we have just that last hurdle of beating South Africa.
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th June 2024, 14:07   #153
PPS
Senior - BHPian

So its going to be Lifetime Chokers v/s last 10yrs Chokers!
India should win if they play their best cricket but don't rule out the tall hit-the-deck bowlers of SA.
PPS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th June 2024, 16:41   #154
BHPian

Sweet revenge against England for the semi-final rout we had in the last T20 WC.

Rohit's batting and leadership has been brilliant - smart, flexible and aggressive. Bumrah's bowling has been beyond exceptional in the entire tournament so far - his economy rate and his partnership breaking ability have been brilliant. SKY and Axar have been the other strong, consistent performers this WC. Hope King Kohli comes good in the finals.

One more hurdle to cross - the most important one (where we slipped up in the last ODI WC). Hope we win this time.

SA have been deserving finalists too as the other unbeaten team. Their batting line-up is second to none - Markram and Klassen are great players of spin too. Their fast bowling attack is solid and their spinners have been decent in this tournament
RoadTiger is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2024, 09:42   #155
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPS View Post
India should win if they play their best cricket but don't rule out the tall hit-the-deck bowlers of SA.
In this tournament, SA and Ind have bowled well but India has also batted well, better than SA.
DeKock, Klaasen, Markram, Miller on a good day can wreak havoc. I hope we get yet another track with something in it for the bowlers, fingers crossed for a well fought game that is not one sided.

Last edited by NPV : 29th June 2024 at 09:44.
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2024, 12:30   #156
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
In this tournament, SA and Ind have bowled well but India has also batted well, better than SA.
DeKock, Klaasen, Markram, Miller on a good day can wreak havoc. I hope we get yet another track with something in it for the bowlers, fingers crossed for a well fought game that is not one sided.
On paper SA looks a really solid team. All 4 guys you mentioned can take the game away. We too have an excellent batting attack barring Dube who looks out of depth. Even Kohli despite his low scores can come good. It will all come down to the bowling performance. Barbados is a better wicket and India made 180 against Bangladesh last time so would be a good game.
Old 29th June 2024, 14:35   #157
Distinguished - BHPian

I hope they take the call of replacing Dube with Jaiswal and make Kohli bat at 3,where he anchors the innings to accelerate in end and scores a big one.

Taking parallel from 2007 WC where we had to force change Sehwag for final, hopefully this change will make sure luck runs our way. I really wish for Kohli to go out on a high, he has been such a force.
Old 29th June 2024, 21:44   #158
BHPian

Excellent batting by Axar and to certain degree by Virat too. 176 in a final with this bowling lineup is slam dunk. I don't see South Africa going past 140. It's coming hone.
Old 29th June 2024, 21:47   #159
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revvatron View Post
Excellent batting by Axar and to certain degree by Virat too. 176 in a final with this bowling lineup is slam dunk. I don't see South Africa going past 140. It's coming hone.
It’s a flat pitch. The only wicket SA actually took was of Axar Patel, rest all batsmen perished slogging. SA bat deep. If even a couple of players have a decent outing, this can be chased. As for India, it will be tough to defend. Tough, but defendable.
Shreyans_Jain is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 29th June 2024, 21:49   #160
Senior - BHPian

After 34/3 we will take 176 any day.

Bowling is in form. We will win.
harry10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2024, 21:50   #161
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyans_Jain View Post
If even a couple of players have a decent outing, this can be chased. As for India, it will be tough to defend. Tough, but defendable.
Only way they can chase is if our spinners bomb. I always heard Markaram, Klassen are good against spinners but always saw them struggle. Except against Chahal, I don't think they have good record against our spinners. I maybe wrong but let's hope they choke.
Revvatron is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2024, 22:47   #162

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revvatron View Post
Only way they can chase is if our spinners bomb. I always heard Markaram, Klassen are good against spinners but always saw them struggle. Except against Chahal, I don't think they have good record against our spinners. I maybe wrong but let's hope they choke.
Looks like this is happening. SA are scoring a minimum of one 4/6 in an over without any effort. We need some really good bowling and fielding from here to win. And de cock falls while I am typing this.
Old 29th June 2024, 23:09   #163
PPS
Senior - BHPian

This is really traumatic to watch! When you play in a big final you always have to aim above par just like how you did against Australia on a difficult pitch. 170 odd isn't good enough considering the batting depth which we kept talking about. Don't blame Kohli though,only perhaps he could have gone for the shots 2 overs earlier.

Also terrible captaincy to give Bumrah his 3rd over when SA need 30 from 30! He should have been brought back immediately when Klassen was on the attack. Klassen had smacked Kuldeep all over in SA many years ago when he wasn't even the same player! Spinners had a terrible day today unfortunately, credit to the SA batters for taking them on. Hardik should have bowled a lot more today than the spinners. Even Arshdeep bowled well today.

Joint Man of the Match for me would be Maharaj & Klassen!

Time to invest in a Sports Psychologist now. Can't keep bottling so many Finals in a row!
Old 29th June 2024, 23:34   #164
Senior - BHPian

Cometh the hour, cometh the man.

Hardik, all the way! The best redemption story in the history of Indian cricket.

Congratulations team.

Last edited by dailydriver : 29th June 2024 at 23:35.
dailydriver is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2024, 23:37   #165
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPS View Post
Time to invest in a Sports Psychologist now. Can't keep bottling so many Finals in a row!
You might want to edit that now.

I don't watch any cricket matches, but I checked the score after your post; I was sure that we would lose this match. Was scrolling through the forum, and I heard fireworks and dogs barking because of it. Which would have meant only one thing: India won!
ex-innova-guy is online now   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks