Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st December 2023, 17:24   #1
BHPian

Your automotive plans for New Year 2024

The year 2023 is coming to a close. This is the time we look forward to the new year and set resolutions and goals (whether or not they are fulfilled is a topic for another day ). As members of an automotive forum, I’m sure we have a to-do-list regarding cars / bikes. So, do share your automotive plans for the year 2024! I’ll start with mine:

- Get my driving licence immediately after my boards.

- Go for a road trip with family. Haven’t done a proper one for the past 4 years due to COVID and academics.

- Write an ownership review of our car.

- Go to a couple of showrooms and test some interesting cars like the Verna, Elevate, Seltos, etc. and get a taste of EVs like the IONIQ 5, Nexon.ev, Comet and the like.

- Get accessories for our Honda City = Dashcam, frameless wipers, better horn etc. and subtle mods = lip spoiler, diffuser, LED rear turn indicators and more.

- Learn to ride a bike.

- And continue reading and learning in the process from this rich and juicy forum!

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year 2024! What are your automotive resolutions and car plans this year?-img_0425.jpeg

Last edited by CentreOfGravity : 31st December 2023 at 17:27.
CentreOfGravity is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 31st December 2023, 19:00   #2
BHPian

Re: Your automotive plans for New Year 2024

Here's mine -

-> Learn to drive a car, stick and auto both!

-> Learn to drive a bike!

-> Write up an ownership review of our car {Hyundai Elantra GT (2004)}

-> Go on some fun road trips with family!

-> Test out a heck lot of cars, some faves including the Virtus, my dad's Elantra (an underrated beast!), and few more!

-> Take my girl out on a lot of long drives!

-> Learn a lot more about cars, from Team-BHP and my family!

Cheers to ya'll and a Happy New Year!

Last edited by nova.19_exe : 31st December 2023 at 19:20.
nova.19_exe is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st January 2024, 00:00   #3
BHPian

Happy New Year 2024! What are your automotive resolutions and car plans this year?

Happy New Year 2024! What are your automotive resolutions and car plans this year?

Happy New Year to all!

Here are mine:

- Cut down on screen time — Team-BHP is addictive!

- Update our Slavia's ownership thread more frequently.

- Always wear a seatbelt, even for short trips.

- Schedule a service for our Wagon-R; it's starting to resemble a well-worn 10-year-old car, courtesy of my mom's driving lessons!

- Fix the annoying squeaking sound from the dashboard in our Slavia.

- Plan numerous enjoyable drives in both our cars.

- Give some extra attention to our Wagon-R; it's feeling a bit neglected since the Slavia joined the family.

- Stick to speed limits on highways and practice safer driving. Keeping the 1.5 TSI under 120 km/h is a challenge, but my dad should give it a shot!

- Get my car enthusiast friends to join Team-BHP.

Above all, let's continue our love for cars. Happy New Year to all my fellow BHPians, moderators, and guests. May this year bring immense joy to you, your loved ones, and, of course, your cars.

A little thanks to all BHPians, mods, and guests from me -

Happy New Year 2024! What are your automotive resolutions and car plans this year?-screenshot-20231231-223721.png

Last edited by Axe77 : 1st January 2024 at 11:09. Reason: As requested.
MotorDev is offline   (22) Thanks
Old 1st January 2024, 09:04   #4
BHPian

Re: Happy New Year 2024! What are your automotive resolutions and car plans this year?

For me, it's predominantly:
  • Take the car(s) out for a ride on any highway on all weekends if possible. That will wash away the grime and frustration accumulated during weekdays of office travel.
  • Do a few more road trips. I have so many places to visit in South India itself, and I want to start ticking them off my list.
  • Ensure the cars are cleaned frequently, but stop obsessing over every scratch or ding and instead wear them as the warpaint of urban life.
  • Play a game with myself on how to extract the maximum mileage out of these K15C engines on every trip. I'm not winning races with them anyway, so I might as well do the opposite and geek out on fuel economy.
  • Invest in dashcams for both cars at some point in the year.
Small Bot is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st January 2024, 09:09   #5
BHPian

Re: Happy New Year 2024! What are your automotive resolutions and car plans this year?

Wish you all a very and blessed 2024

My automobile / travel resolutions for 2024

1. Replace my 2017 Creta Diesel Manual with a turbo petrol automatic with a 5 star safety rating
2. Getting the bike bug as well. A weekend tourer maybe
3. Travel more

Last edited by bharanidharang : 1st January 2024 at 09:14. Reason: included missing point
bharanidharang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st January 2024, 11:22   #6
BHPian

Here is mine.

No matter what the other car driver does, smile. Maybe he / she is having a bad day.

Make the world a better place with better road manners.

Cheers and happy revving in 2024!
xsrahul is offline   (21) Thanks
Old 1st January 2024, 11:57   #7
Senior - BHPian

My resolution is to savour the pleasure of driving the Verna on long road trips. And occasionally also indulge the Tiago especially for the Lonavala/ Mahaby type trips. The Tiago is quite the highway horse , stays pretty stable at normal highway speeds, the only annoying bit being the engine NVH, but that's in relation to the sublime 1.5 Tgdi of the Verna.
Old 1st January 2024, 11:59   #8

My single automotive resolution for the year-

- revive my beloved 2011 Ford Endeavour 2.5 4×2 MT. It is lying at my factory in Jharkhand, unused for the last 3 years. I intend to fully restore it and use it for as long as possible. It has become such a rare car on the road.

A picture from 4 years ago
Attached Thumbnails
Happy New Year 2024! What are your automotive resolutions and car plans this year?-pxl_20220514_123858796.jpg  

iSubham is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 1st January 2024, 12:55   #9
BHPian

I wish everyone a very happy and prosperous new year. May all your wishes get fulfilled in this year.
My automotive resolutions for 2024 are-
1. Drive the car as much as I can and accumulate more kilometres on the odometer.
2. Convince my dad to allow me to get the dents removed from the car and get the front bumper repainted.
3. Buy a pressure washer and a good polishing kit.
4. Try to be more careful while driving in the city.
5. Invest in a dashcam and a good branded 7 inch touchscreen headunit.
6. Write an ownership review of the car(might be possible only if the university's academic schedule contains more gaps between the exams).
7. Travel more.
8. Learn more about cars.
9. Install the Baleno auto-dimming rear view mirror which I had bought way back in November 2022.

Last edited by TurboKat : 1st January 2024 at 13:00. Reason: Adding a point
TurboKat is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st January 2024, 13:05   #10
BHPian

Happy New Year, everyone!

Here is my resolution for 2024!
  1. Sell my 2010 Tata Indigo Petrol. Lately, it has started giving me a lot of problems.
  2. Buy an EV car that can give 400km real-world range—mostly going to buy Tata Curvv.
  3. Sell my 9-year-old Activa 125 scooter and buy an EV scooter.
  4. By the end of 2024, I should never have to visit the petrol pump.
  5. Teach my wife how to drive a scooter
  6. Every Saturday I go cycling with my Son. I had a Montra cycle, which I bought last year, but I couldn't use it much. But then, on my son's last birthday, I gifted him Hero Cycle and realized we both could go cycling every week.
  7. Keep my car and bike as clean as possible.
  8. I plan a trip on the Mumbai-Delhi new expressway with my new EV car in December 2024 (hopefully, it should be ready by December!).
  9. Lastly, Keep learning from team-bhp
linuxworld is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 1st January 2024, 15:00   #11
BHPian

First of all , happy new year to all Team BHP members.

I would persinally like to start 2024 with zero expectations, since expectations kill the joy in me sometime, often resulting in unexpected things/ situations.

For last 2-3 years, have been expecting for a breakthrough to get my first car, but unfortunately such a situation hasn't come into fruition.

In middle, I tried an automatic suv and lost confidence to drive after lightly bumping a three wheeler tempo.

Just wish I overcome this fear and also wish I get my car. These days sriving two wheelers around Chennai is so cumbersome sometimes.
Gautham_v6 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st January 2024, 15:19   #12
BHPian

I have only one for this year:

Learn how to drive! I'll finally turn 18 in October.
GForceEnjoyer is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 1st January 2024, 16:04   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CentreOfGravity View Post

- Go to a couple of showrooms and test some interesting cars like the Verna, Elevate, Seltos, etc. and get a taste of EVs like the IONIQ 5, Nexon.ev, Comet and the like.
Happy New Year bro!
Sorry going off-topic here!
I am 19 and have been test driving cars and test riding bikes fr
Hyundai is very adamant on giving cars for casual test drive.
Whereas Mahindra is like drive any car for any number of kilometres.
Maruti also is co-operative but they have a restriction on the distance driven.
Tata here doesn't have cars for test drives most of the time
I haven't test driven MG, Kia and Honda cars so can't comment on them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GForceEnjoyer View Post
I have only one for this year:

Learn how to drive! I'll finally turn 18 in October.
Happy New Year bro!

Happy Learning!

Happy New Year everyone!

Here is my resolution for 2024!
1. Upgrade to a new bike (probably TVS Ronin)
2. Test ride and drive new bikes and cars
3. Learn more and more through Team-BHP
4. Last but not the least, Go on a solo road trip.

Last edited by GTO : 2nd January 2024 at 11:47. Reason: Merging back to back posts
YashOjha15 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st January 2024, 16:22   #14
BHPian

Mine are following-
  • Keep cool while driving
  • Upgrade car stereo to one that supports CarPlay
  • Upgrade wheels to alloys
cryptarchy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st January 2024, 16:54   #15
Distinguished - BHPian

Buy an EV and develop patience to live with it
PrasannaDhana is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks