Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st January 2024, 17:36   #16
BHPian

Re: Happy New Year 2024! What are your automotive resolutions and car plans this year?

Image Credit :- Bill Watterson, American cartoonist
Attached Thumbnails
Happy New Year 2024! What are your automotive resolutions and car plans this year?-calvinhobbesnewyearsresolutions.jpg  

The Mechanic is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 1st January 2024, 18:18   #17
BHPian

Re: Happy New Year 2024! What are your automotive resolutions and car plans this year?

To cool down and not get angry at rule breakers, ignorant and wayward two wheeler riders, over zealous speeding and cutting wrongly four wheelers, weight throwing buses, making driving hell in roads those autos, extremely careless pedestrians and road crossers.

You see what I mean 😀
RunGaDa is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st January 2024, 19:17   #18

Happy new year everyone
I mostly use my bike so here goes:
1. Move beyond the 300-400 km rides, touch 1000 km on a single trip (Coastal karnataka via mysore from chennai, I’ve been wanting to do this for a while)
2. Upgrade to a 400ish cc bike mostly the Duke 390 (will consider the Aprilia but set on the duke given the 1L price difference)

Cars-wise, I have put away the purchase of one till 2025, meanwhile will borrow my friends hatch to keep myself from going rusty more often
Old 1st January 2024, 19:27   #19
BHPian

One is to better take care and give useful upgrades to our 11 yr old Ritz.

Set out for more road trips with family😁

Stock a dozen of Team-BHP stickers😜.

Evaluate our next addition/upgrade to our garage, preferably an autobox one.

Getting that eyesore bumper crack caused by a careless yours truly, fixed/replaced
subie_socal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st January 2024, 20:57   #20
rGT
BHPian

Going to get straight to the point(s)

1. Reduce my honking.
2. Control my swearing when dealing with morons on the road.
3. Get some elaborate highway driving experience under my belt.
4. In conjunction with point 3, set out on as many road trips as possible.
5. Increase my post frequency on T-BHP

With that, wish you all a very happy '24!
rGT is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st January 2024, 21:20   #21
BHPian

My new year automotive resolution is as follows
  1. Try convince our colony elderly enthusiast to sell at least one of his vintage motorcycle to me (psst….he has a 86’ bullet, 84’ CB400, 91’ Roadking, 95’ RX100 everything all original) and restore it.
  2. Commute to office via public transport and go for a longer and better weekend drives.
  3. Upspec my 20’ Polo GT with Euro and OEM parts and publish it on t-bhp titled “upgrading 20’ POLO GT to GT Plus”
  4. Procure a Gen 1 Yamaha R15 and hone my riding skills by taking it to a track school
  5. Find the whereabouts of abandoned Signal Red Mercedes R129 SL500’s Owner and if possible find her a new home, That SL has been parked near our colony for past 10yrs atleast.

Happy New year Everyone
Santy19 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st January 2024, 21:29   #22

1.) Research hydraulic car scissor ramps designed for home use and buy one to be prepared to elevate our cars during floods in Chennai.

2.) Consider believing the service advisors a bit during car service (pun intended).
Old 1st January 2024, 22:31   #23
BHPian

Only resolution is to stick with the current car I have and drive it more and more.

I am on my 4th car in 4 years and the current one was bought only on one condition that I don’t sell this for a good few years.
Old 1st January 2024, 22:37   #24
BHPian

Here are my 2024 resolutions,

1) Get more hands on with little mods and service my car
2) Undergo a mechanic training during my free time at a FNG
3) Getting to know and learn more about the world of classic cars
Old 1st January 2024, 23:11   #25
BANNED

Mine is to be more patient with the idiots behind the wheel on the road and try to ignore the high-beam abusers at night (sighs)....
Old 2nd January 2024, 00:40   #26
A M
BHPian

Successfully resist the temptation of 5-door Thar. Need to taste that 'Sabr ka fal' (fruit of patience).
Old 2nd January 2024, 02:07   #27
Distinguished - BHPian

If anything 2024 was off to a great start! I spend all of 1st of January working on my Mini! The car needed a regular service and the front disc brakes, pads and wear sensors needed replacing. Also a few other jobs.

First time I did a regular service on this little car. Soon to be detailed in my thread about fiddling with my cars!

I don't have resolutions as such. But as always I have a lot of potential plans. I have already entered all Classic Car Shows in the Netherlands, UK, France, Belgium and Germany into my calendar. I would be very keen to go and visit the Auto Moto d'Epoca in Bologna, Italy. It is always the end of September and September tends to be a very busy month for us. Because we also have various shows to attend in the UK.

Spanner mate and best friend Peter and I are already discussing where our annual trip in our Alfa Spiders will take us. At present, we are thinking of going to see the Technik Museum Sinnsheim and Speyer. We could probably barrel down there in one day on the Autobahn. Spend one day doing both museums and then spend 3-4 days blasting through rural Germany.

Of course, as per the last 7 years, we have already planned our Spider trip with all our usual Spider friends to Le Paradis, owned and run by our friends Annelies and Cees.

I am thinking of buying another car, but that will mean the Mercedes W123 has to go!! Not sure yet. I still want to do a complete restoration. But I have also just bought a small motor yacht. And I dare say that will take up a lot of our time (and budget!) as well.

At some point in time, I will have to open up the mighty 4.0L, six in line, engine of my Jeep and fix that one wonky piston. I have been postponing it. Its wobble is not getting any worse. I am still not a hundred percent sure it is the piston. But until I pull the cylinder head we will never know. No matter what it is going to be a BIG job!!

I had to cancel last year at the very last minute. But I would like to visit the German classic car part show in Bockhorn. I did it once before. Drove up there in my W123, and spent a couple of days at Willemshaven. Enjoyed it thoroughly and I would like to do it again.

I still have some other smaller project in the works too. I bought a small model of my Mini. It is pretty good, but I need to repaint some parts to make it look identical to my 1:1 version.

I am still working on the model of my 4-stroke Scuderi engine. I have been doing quite a bit of work lately. I really would like to finish it and get it running in the next few months. I have some ideas for another model engine project. It will also require upgrading my lathe. So that should be interesting and fun too.

I am turning 65 in March this year. I have not decided what I will be doing. It might be something on our boat, or alternatively something with one of our cars. Or maybe I will rent a classic car for a day or so. Ferrari, Lambo, who knows.

I also need to get some more insights into Electrical Vehicle. I have been looking at various courses, but I have not decided what I will do. But it is something that will keep me occupied for years to come.

So, very few concrete thoughts, but lots of ideas of what I might be doing. Just the way I like it.

Jeroen
Jeroen is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2024, 02:30   #28
Senior - BHPian

Keeping it strictly to all things Automotive -
  1. Take my Range Rover Sport on a Off-road course. I've only been doing some very mild stuff thus far. - Any Season
  2. Roadtrip to Northern Finland for a spot of Northern Light gazing. Feb '24
  3. Porsche club drive to Wales in my managers 718 GT4 RS and his Range Rover Sport SVR. May '24.
  4. Roadtrip to Norway in a Motorhome. July '24.
  5. Boys Roadtrip in Germany. Aug '24.

I'm sure more will get planned along the way.
Old 2nd January 2024, 03:06   #29
BHPian

My 2024 resolutions are as follows:

1. Let go of my 2014 preowned Honda City iDTEC Diesel that has run close to 180k Kms during my visit to India this summer and get a Petrol AT or an EV as we no longer require a Diesel due to our less usage. This is the first thing I'm gonna do as soon as I land in India.

2. Be a better and safer driver. After being in USA for more than 4 months, this is the thing I have learned.

3. Drive more cars that I haven't experienced yet in USA.

4. Explore new places in USA.
Old 2nd January 2024, 07:58   #30
BHPian

Live to drive is the Mantra for 2024. Plans are for North East, Kashmir, Orissa and Kanyakumari/Trivandrum trip. All this to be done in
Happy New Year 2024! What are your automotive resolutions and car plans this year?-20231230_111528.jpg
gauravdgr8 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks