Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th March 2021, 22:21   #2461
BHPian

Re: The Property / Real Estate Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by saisree View Post
You said dilapidated house. What is the age of that house? If it’s something on the lower side of 15 year you can get it painted. Anything more than that and has a visible damage then, you have to gift it.
Land obviously has value.
It is > 20 years old. We don't really care about getting any value for the house. Just seeking the appropriate value for the land, and hoping that the dilapidated house doesn't bring down its price.
Old 10th March 2021, 21:03   #2462
BHPian

Any recommendations for gated plots in and around ORR in Hyderabad?

We're looking at Aparna but they're quite overpriced.

Also, what are your opinions around the Dundigal area? Any potential for growth there at all?
Old 13th March 2021, 10:48   #2463
BHPian

A very basic question. What does an apartment project having RERA approval mean?
Does it mean that legally everything about the project is fine?
Old 13th March 2021, 11:05   #2464
Senior - BHPian

It means nothing. RERA is just there to fool people. My friend's RERA approved apartment was delayed by over a year and he couldn't do anything about it. In fact, the 'reputed builder' was teasing him to go to court so there would be few more years further delay to hand-over the keys. This, is what's happening 'on-ground'. RERA is toothless. We were so helpless! Only go buy what's ready.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rajesh1868 View Post
A very basic question. What does an apartment project having RERA approval mean?
Does it mean that legally everything about the project is fine?
Sebring is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th March 2021, 12:29   #2465
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
It means nothing. RERA is just there to fool people. My friend's RERA approved apartment was delayed by over a year and he couldn't do anything about it.
I do keep hearing this part but my query is - If a project has a RERA id, does that also mean that they have completed all legalities necessary?
Old 13th March 2021, 21:57   #2466
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VRJ View Post
Hello BHP’ians, hope everyone is doing well!

Do we have any warehouse experts here in the forum? How much sq ft warehouse would I get in a 2000 sq yard empty site? 1 sq yard is equal to 9 sq ft. Technically on paper, it is 18,000 sq ft. However, when we take in to consideration space for the trucks to enter and leave and watchman quarters, how much sq ft will I get? I’m assuming 15,000 sq ft. A friend is telling me I’ll get only 12,000 sq ft. Surprisingly, I could not find any answers in google.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you!
Answering after almost one month.

How much warehouse space you get depends on so many variables:
- shape of the plot
- any municipal law which prohibits you from building till boundary wall
- how many trucks do you need to park
- is it sufficient for you to have a single truck come in, reverse and dock near the gate itself.

Since there are so many variables, 12,000 sqft is possible, 15,000 sqft is also possible.
Guite is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2021, 10:29   #2467
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajesh1868 View Post
I do keep hearing this part but my query is - If a project has a RERA id, does that also mean that they have completed all legalities necessary?
“all Legalities” is very broad term. At the very minimum, RERA registration deals with having the builder declare a project time line and tries to streamline the usage of funds.

From what I understand, with a RERA registered property, the builder cannot divert the funds received based on his wishes. All the money should be in a separate account for that particular property and to be used in construction of that property only. This helps in cases where a builder might have multiple projects going on and he may choose to use money interchangeably between projects.

As for timelines that are published, the idea is to put on record the committed dates and the buyer can take the builder to court if the handover takes more time than published. However, in the real world, the builders themselves add 6months buffer time (probably more) and get a completion certificate even when some other stuff like amenities are pending, which actually takes a lot of time.
pandey.jai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th March 2021, 12:08   #2468

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellmet View Post
Any recommendations for gated plots in and around ORR in Hyderabad?

We're looking at Aparna but they're quite overpriced.

Also, what are your opinions around the Dundigal area? Any potential for growth there at all?
Depends on what your budget is. I'll reach you on phone to discuss more on it. Good places to invest - Tellapur-gachibowli-nanakramguda side, shamshabad-shadnagar-maheswaram, boduppal-till orr, mokila-shankarpally.

Advantages of the Aparna plots -
The plotting work and other works are done on time and are of good quality. You'll have a good community. Good clubhouse and facilities. Good security. Ease of getting a loan (you get a house loan on HMDA plots, which you have to clear in 5 years or build a house on it within 5 years)

Disadvantages:-
Overpriced (I have seen instances where the neighbouring project is half the price of what aparna was quoting)
You can't sell them for some period of time (lockin period of 2 to 3 years maybe; they get you to sign it in order to ensure they won't have a problem to sell their own plots first)
The price increases every alternate month.
MJ144 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2021, 18:58   #2469
Distinguished - BHPian

Bangalore folks,
any site around Narayanpura / Kothnur (North Bangalore) - pls let me know

TIA
Old 25th March 2021, 14:46   #2470
Senior - BHPian

Any recommendations for apartment projects in South Bangalore, with the following main criteria:

1. 3-4 bhk of around 1800-2000 sq ft.
2. Should be within 15-16kms of CBD area (Mg road)
3. Should be in a quiet and peaceful neighborhood, hopefully with greenery and open space around
4. Not too hung up on amenities, more interested in good construction and spacious flats with light and ventilation, rather than tons of gimmicky amenities. Of course, basic stuff like lift, parking and power backup is a must.

Budget would be within INR 1.2-1.5 cr. Have already seen some places on Kanakapura road, but most of them are too far off for daily office commutes to be feasible. Looking for recommendations in other areas, with the above criteria.

Haven't really considered places outside South Bangalore, but can consider other options if they are compelling enough. Preference is South Bangalore though. Recommendations will be appreciated!

Last edited by arindambasu13 : 25th March 2021 at 14:48.
arindambasu13 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th March 2021, 19:01   #2471
BHPian

Prestige(Finsbury), Brigade(El Dorado) and Godrej are coming up with apartment complexes/townships in the Aerospace park area, North Bangalore for reasonable rates. Although its too far from CBD, its near the airport and it is inside a 3000 Acre KIADB(Karnataka Industrial Areas Development Board) land. As per the sale pitch, around a lakh job will be generated in that vicinity.

Brigade 2BHK costs around 41L, Prestige 52L and i think Godrej is even lesser.
Project completion time is end 2023.

Looking at the future potential, do you think it will be a good investment?
kit_dennis is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2021, 22:21   #2472
M35
BHPian

Not sure if it’s the right thread, but I might be offered a job in New Friends Colony, Delhi. How is the area like and how is it like living there? Any good community to rent a spacious and fully furnished 2 BHK apartment in and around that area? What monthly rental including maintenance should I be looking at? The minimum requirement is- gated community, 24x7 power backup, covered and dedicated parking, and a relatively quieter area.
Old 7th April 2021, 08:38   #2473
BHPian

What are some of the dog-friendly societies in Bangalore, preferably in and around Whitefield, Bellandur or HSR layout? It would be a bonus if the society has a dog-park in or around it.
Old 17th April 2021, 23:52   #2474
BHPian

I'm looking to invest in Muda properties in Mysore.

Considering the 10L high speed lane slated for completion in 2022 end, is that a wise advice?

I'm looking at investment purposes only & not necessarily to build a home.

Petrolheads at mysuru, kindly advise!
Old 18th April 2021, 12:25   #2475
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post
Any recommendations for apartment projects in South Bangalore, with the following main criteria:

1. 3-4 bhk of around 1800-2000 sq ft.
2. Should be within 15-16kms of CBD area (Mg road)
3. Should be in a quiet and peaceful neighborhood, hopefully with greenery and open space around
4. Not too hung up on amenities, more interested in good construction and spacious flats with light and ventilation, rather than tons of gimmicky amenities. Of course, basic stuff like lift, parking and power backup is a must.

Budget would be within INR 1.2-1.5 cr. Have already seen some places on Kanakapura road, but most of them are too far off for daily office commutes to be feasible. Looking for recommendations in other areas, with the above criteria.

Haven't really considered places outside South Bangalore, but can consider other options if they are compelling enough. Preference is South Bangalore though. Recommendations will be appreciated!
With that budget , why not look at getting a plot and construct a independent home ?
black12rr is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks