Search this Thread
Old 18th January 2021, 13:21   #2446
BHPian

Re: The Property / Real Estate Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS80 View Post
...JR Elegance...
...SLV group constructions...DS Max..
We prefer top builders as it removes a lot of hassles. Initially went to check Kolte Patil but then the agent took us to Arvind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
...Refuse to deal with them...
Godrej properties' Eternity ..
Yup we walked away when the Arvind guy told us to go back and do our research.
Godrej looks a good option. Will check this out.
We have a Salarpuria (who I believe is one of top builders) 3BHK and one can see the difference in plain sight compared to grade 2 builders.
ValarMorghulis is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th January 2021, 13:45   #2447
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValarMorghulis View Post
Godrej looks a good option. Will check this out.
We have a Salarpuria (who I believe is one of top builders) 3BHK and one can see the difference in plain sight compared to grade 2 builders.
Godrej Air and Godrej United...almost getting done, zero surprises
Red Liner is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th February 2021, 12:00   #2448
Senior - BHPian

Any information on how Sobha Forest View (off Kanakpura Road) is for rental purposes? What are the pros and cons of this project? A friend is looking to rent a 3BHK there at around 32000 plus maintenance. However, I am not very sure that the apartments have the basics in place, e.g. any water issues, electricity issues, connectivity issues (availability of cabs etc) since the project is quite a bit inside from the main road etc.

Any information the renting and staying in Forest View will be helpful, including from any members actually staying there. Specifically, any glaring drawbacks of the project which may not be immediately visible when one goes to check the place.
Old 10th February 2021, 16:21   #2449
Senior - BHPian

My friend stays in Oak block. Apart from the fact that it is really inside from the main road, there are no negatives. 32K plus maintenance is on the higher side as my friend is paying 32K, (all inclusive) for the massive 3BHK (2,400 Sq Ft). And rates have dropped since
Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post
Any information on how Sobha Forest View (off Kanakpura Road) is for rental purposes?
Sebring is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th February 2021, 17:42   #2450
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Any information on how Sobha Forest View (off Kanakpura Road) is for rental purposes? What are the pros and cons of this project? A friend is looking to rent a 3BHK there at around 32000 plus maintenance. However, I am not very sure that the apartments have the basics in place, e.g. any water issues, electricity issues, connectivity issues (availability of cabs etc) since the project is quite a bit inside from the main road etc.

Any information the renting and staying in Forest View will be helpful, including from any members actually staying there. Specifically, any glaring drawbacks of the project which may not be immediately visible when one goes to check the place.
The apartment is around 1km from Kanakapura road. The access road is wide and there are a few supermarkets within 1-2 km from the apartment. DMart is around 2km . No water or electricity issues. It is right beside the Turhalli forest reserve so you get a lot of greenery if the apartment is facing the forest side. Lots of fresh clean air. If your friend has scooter then the errands can be handled easily.
sagarpadaki is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 10th February 2021, 20:02   #2451
Senior - BHPian

The complex has a well-stocked grocery store inside. In fact I was visiting my friend at this very apartment, when I read this query. Talk about coincidences
Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
If your friend has scooter then the errands can be handled easily.
Sebring is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2021, 19:23   #2452
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
I know a good lawyer but in Indiranagar - they handled a sale of my Whitefield property recently. PM me if you need the details
Hi sir,
Could you please PM me the details. I am looking for a good lawyer in Indiranagar area and came across your post.

Thanks a lot,
Nag
Old 16th February 2021, 22:27   #2453
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by k10_nag View Post
Hi sir,
Could you please PM me the details. I am looking for a good lawyer in Indiranagar area and came across your post.

Thanks a lot,
Nag
Vivek Brito - talk to Susan Brito, his wife who runs the show on 41481782
ajmat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2021, 13:57   #2454
VRJ
BHPian

Hello BHP’ians, hope everyone is doing well!

Do we have any warehouse experts here in the forum? How much sq ft warehouse would I get in a 2000 sq yard empty site? 1 sq yard is equal to 9 sq ft. Technically on paper, it is 18,000 sq ft. However, when we take in to consideration space for the trucks to enter and leave and watchman quarters, how much sq ft will I get? I’m assuming 15,000 sq ft. A friend is telling me I’ll get only 12,000 sq ft. Surprisingly, I could not find any answers in google.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you!

Last edited by VRJ : 17th February 2021 at 14:01.
Old 19th February 2021, 17:43   #2455
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Any information on how Sobha Forest View (off Kanakpura Road) is for rental purposes?

Ask your friend to go for it. Its a self contained society and in a calm, but yet a busy place with almost everything within 4-5 minutes drive from the place. It also has a lot of wind and sunshine to go with the several amenities that the builder Sobha has provided.

The only draw back as I see it is the approach and entrance, its a rather narrow road. The Building association has kept changing the approach/entrance.
jkrishnakj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2021, 11:16   #2456
BHPian

Hi BHPians,

I have a query.

Consider the case where a residential plot lies across two survey numbers and the survey border cuts the plot at an angle. Let's assume both the survey numbers fall under the same registrar office.

Is there any disadvantage in buying such a plot? Will it be difficult to sell afterwards?

Thank you.
Old 9th March 2021, 00:40   #2457
BHPian

Looking to sell off a plot with an old house, in Vijayawada. The house looks dilapidated, compounded by heavy rains that deteriorated the exterior paint totally.

We've been getting low quotes, and were wondering if getting it a coat of paint would up the quotes a little..What do you guys think?
Old 9th March 2021, 08:12   #2458
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellmet View Post
Looking to sell off a plot with an old house, in Vijayawada. The house looks dilapidated, compounded by heavy rains that deteriorated the exterior paint totally.

We've been getting low quotes, and were wondering if getting it a coat of paint would up the quotes a little..What do you guys think?
After 10-15 yrs, the construction material loses its value and only the interiors and the land are saleable. You can arrive at an estimate from recent transactions that happened in your street/area; also refer to the guidance value set by the local authorities.
vinu_h is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th March 2021, 19:51   #2459
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinu_h View Post
After 10-15 yrs, the construction material loses its value and only the interiors and the land are saleable. You can arrive at an estimate from recent transactions that happened in your street/area; also refer to the guidance value set by the local authorities.
Thanks. That is what I'd assumed as well, regarding no value for the building,etc. But we've had a couple of sellers walk away after looking at the condition of the house. Apparently one of them wanted to "gift" it to his potential son in law.

So we were wondering if the cost of painting it would have any chance of reflecting in a higher resale value.
Old 9th March 2021, 20:06   #2460
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellmet View Post
You said dilapidated house. What is the age of that house? If it’s something on the lower side of 15 year you can get it painted. Anything more than that and has a visible damage then, you have to gift it.
Land obviously has value.
saisree is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed