Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th July 2020, 20:13   #2281
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
If you like and can afford, then go for the bigger plot. You can always build a small house and extend it later if you feel, but you will never be able to increase the plot size at a later day.

This and "buy land , they are not making it anymore" making my head think more and try for bigger plot but within the reach. But heart is set on the plot that has one side open and is at the end of internal road , less noise, privacy , view etc.
Old 19th July 2020, 20:31   #2282
BHPian

Re: The Property / Real Estate Thread

You are right. In Bangalore, south facing houses are not considered vastu compliant. But I dont think you should worry about it since you plan to live there. I too dont believe in vastu. Should be fine as long as you get natural light etc. As for pricing compared to the normal ones, I doubt there is a difference of 15%. But in real estate, there is no proper discovery. So x% doesn't mean anything.

Since you are planning to construct a house, you could also consider buying an old house and demolishing. (Unless you prefer a gated community). If you are exploring in old Bangalore areas, even this is difficult. ( Ex, Papers, surrounding houses, sellers insisting on black etc)

As for the market condition, I think its very bad.But the sellers haven't realized the ground reality. They still have unrealistic expectations. I doubt transactions are happening, especially for high value properties. I suggest bargain hard, even if its well within your price range.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santoshbhat View Post
Just want to make it clear, that I only want advice with respect to marketability and price differential when in comes to south facing plots in Bangalore.
Edit : Any tips on how the Covid crisis in impacting land prices in Bangalore would also be welcome
adithya.kp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2020, 21:02   #2283
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondafanboy View Post
Need help in selecting between the two plots for end use.

Go for the second one hands down. Remember one thing about buying a house for self-use: It is always better to stretch your budget and take the better option. Over your life for next 10-20 years the extra money that you pay now will be recovered/worth-it.

A garden next to a house is kind of a negative for me. During summer it will get very dusty in Pune and if not kept well, it will become a problem later in life.

You can build your own small garden on your larger plot, if desired.

Last edited by ampere : 20th July 2020 at 00:21. Reason: trimmed quoted post
sunilch is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 19th July 2020, 21:34   #2284
Senior - BHPian

Mind sharing the price she paid? because I looked it up and the villas are between 3.5-4.5 Crores. That's really uber premium. Is there an apartment within the complex? I'm also looking for a 'value buy', to unlock returns in 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by keroo1099 View Post
I'm talking about really up-market developments like White Meadows in Whitefield where a friend of mine got a huge discount on an apt she just bought.
Old 19th July 2020, 22:01   #2285
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Mind sharing the price she paid? because I looked it up and the villas are between 3.5-4.5 Crores. That's really uber premium. Is there an apartment within the complex? I'm also looking for a 'value buy', to unlock returns in 5 years
I don't know what she finally paid since she had booked the place several years ago, but she did say she got a substantial discount off the final payment plus they agreed to make several changes to her unit free of cost.

They have two apartment blocks within the complex of which one is finished and the other is still just a shell. The units in the finished block are large 4 bed units and come semi furnished with wardrobes, kitchen, and central AC.
keroo1099 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th July 2020, 22:10   #2286
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I don't know what she finally paid since she had booked the place several years ago, but she did say she got a substantial discount off the final payment plus they agreed to make several changes to her unit free of cost.

They have two apartment blocks within the complex of which one is finished and the other is still just a shell. The units in the finished block are large 4 bed units and come semi furnished with wardrobes, kitchen, and central AC.
This property is in active litigation as it was land given to joy ice cream factory by the government. Prestige somehow managed to illegally acquire it and now BBMP has sealed it.
reignofchaos is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 19th July 2020, 22:22   #2287
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
This property is in active litigation as it was land given to joy ice cream factory by the government. Prestige somehow managed to illegally acquire it and now BBMP has sealed it.
I wouldn't know about that, but going by the number of people happily living in the layout the issue must have been settled, and furthermore the registration of my friends unit is supposed to happen sometime soon and she's not one to go through with a deal without getting it properly vetted by a lawyer.
Old 19th July 2020, 22:41   #2288
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santoshbhat View Post

Just want to make it clear, that I only want advice with respect to marketability and price differential when in comes to south facing plots in Bangalore.

Edit : Any tips on how the Covid crisis in impacting land prices in Bangalore would also be welcome
Plot 1 you mentioned is called "Road Hit" in local parlance. Avoid it as much as possible. Selling is very very difficult.

South facing plots typically get this step-motherly treatment. Think of it like a December manufactured car. You pay 15-20% less upfront knowing fully well that you ll get 15-20% less while selling.
I have seen many people in my family who have bought South facing site but build homes with east facing door, proper vastu and all that. The money saved on site is utilised for construction.

Regarding current rates, only land held by builders/developers have seen marginal correction.Plot Owners have decided to sit down through this pandemic and not desperate to sell. This is even more visible if BDA layouts /BBMP A Khata sites. A friend wanted to buy a plot. After checking it out in December last year, Inquired second time last week. Price hasn't dropped :-/

Vastu for flats are just for marketing and laughable at best. Vastu is not direction alone. Things like elevated corner, depth/sunk area, ventilation etc are simply not applicable at all.

Last edited by akhil_007 : 19th July 2020 at 22:47.
akhil_007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2020, 22:49   #2289
Senior - BHPian

There was a east-facing - half-site I was interested in (15X20 Sq Ft) for sale in JP Nagar 8th Phase (It's BDA). The quoted price was 55 lakhs and finally settled with another buyer for 51 lakhs. So there is still movement in the market, is what I could discern.
Sebring is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2020, 22:57   #2290
BHPian

Quote:
There was a east-facing - half-site I was interested in (15X20 Sq Ft) for sale in JP Nagar 8th Phase (It's BDA). The quoted price was 55 lakhs and finally settled with another buyer for 51 lakhs. So there is still movement in the market, is what I could discern.
Did you mean to say 20x30? BDA doesn't have 15x20 sites at all. The price quoted and price finalized will have this kind of margin all the times. Pandemic or no pandemic.
akhil_007 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th July 2020, 23:13   #2291
Senior - BHPian

Can a member in Chennai please recommend a reliable and knowledgeable real estate agent in Central Chennai?. We are looking to buy and sell an apartment in the same area primarily. Please PM or post contact details and your help will be greatly appreciated.
Old 19th July 2020, 23:19   #2292
BANNED

Quote:
I don't think the value drops by 15%, but the pool of people who would be interested in buying certainly will be smaller.

Also since you are buying for self use you are going to be selling it some day with a house on it so that reduces the pool even more, but again it depends when you decide to sell.

In today's market it's almost impossible to sell anything, vasthu or non-vasthu without a heavy discount and I'm talking about really up-market developments like White Meadows in Whitefield where a friend of mine got a huge discount on an apt she just bought.
Would you mind sharing amount of discount. Also how much of it would you/your friend atribute to negotiation skills vis a vis covid situation.
Old 19th July 2020, 23:27   #2293
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vjoy3 View Post
Would you mind sharing amount of discount. Also how much of it would you/your friend atribute to negotiation skills vis a vis covid situation.
I honestly don't know the actual amount, but yes to her negotiation skills.
keroo1099 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2020, 00:05   #2294
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
Not too sure about it being sealed, I know of some people living there.

Quote:
That property isn't going to be a 'value buy' or give you any returns. Whitefield is overpriced, and so are ready to move / gates communities. In fact, this particular project started at 5 or 6 crores for 7000 sft 'sky villas' aka flats, which no one bought. They then reduced the sizes to 3500 sft and brought down the prices too. The actual row houses and villas were easier to sell. All of this IIRC was eleven years ago, which goes to show that they're struggling to complete and sell.

If you want to buy, buy actual land (if available) to 'unlock returns' in 5 years. If you want to live in a nice place in that area, and there really are some nice places, then I would recommend that you rent. Source: I live nearby.

Last edited by v1p3r : 20th July 2020 at 00:10.
v1p3r is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th July 2020, 07:57   #2295
Senior - BHPian

https://www.newindianexpress.com/cit...m-2171958.html

"The initial bid price for the sites ranges between Rs 39,000 per square metre (Sir M Visveswaraiah Layout 2nd Block & 4th Block) and Rs 58,370 per sqm (Banashankari 6th Stage, 11th Block)."

These " BDA auction 2020 " properties are definitely to be cheaper, clearer-titled, litigation-free and better than most other options .

Please explore options using the link below :
http://bdabengaluru.org/englishe-auction.

Last edited by vinay kamath : 20th July 2020 at 08:14.
vinay kamath is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks