Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th October 2023, 15:34   #61
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The 2023 Cricket World Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10nitin View Post
Amazing !! How did you get them customized? I didn't see the option on the Adidas website
You have to go to there flagship store to get it customized, they charge 299 rupees and give you tshirt in 30 mins. In bangalore you can go to Indira nagar or Brigade Road.
AtheK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2023, 17:23   #62
BHPian

Irony that Ind Aus match not being telecast in 4K on Disney+Hotstar app.. Have seen few other matches till now in 4k. There used to be Premium HD (upto 2160p). Not found today. Max resolution today is upto 1080p only.

Edit : Looks like this match is not there in the list of matches identified for 4k.
Attached Thumbnails
The 2023 Cricket World Cup-smartselect_20231008_174151_chrome.jpg  

Last edited by vvrchandra : 8th October 2023 at 17:43.
Old 8th October 2023, 17:56   #63
BHPian

I am seeing cricket after a long time and I see so many empty seats even for a Ind-Aus game. There has to be a scam behind this.
Theyota is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2023, 18:59   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theyota View Post
I am seeing cricket after a long time and I see so many empty seats even for a Ind-Aus game. There has to be a scam behind this.
Absolutely. Still empty seats and this match for some reason gives Bi-lateral series vibes. Maybe they gave tickets to associated sponsors who didn't turn up.
Revvatron is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2023, 20:32   #65
Senior - BHPian

The Aussies wrap up their sub 200 innings and the Indian fans start celebrating.

The home team, confident of handing their opponents a surefire defeat start their innings; only to lose 3 wickets for 2 runs. The ironies and uncertainties of cricket have to be seen to be believed!

When all hell breaks lose, two knights in shining armour, one of whom is asked day in and day out to justify his place in the team and the other who too was in the same state just a year ago, start their dogged play and manage to halt the falling of the proverbial nine pins!!

100-3 at this moment, India is the driver's seat, but this match is far from over.

Interesting bout of cricket .
dailydriver is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2023, 21:41   #66
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theyota View Post
I think with the ever-shortening attention span, and with the day-to-day work life getting increasingly hectic, 50 over cricket is just too long to watch.

I, for instance, no longer have the mental capacity to give an entire day just sitting in front of the TV.

This is where T20 really shines. 3-4 hours of action, and then off you go.
Old 8th October 2023, 22:39   #67
Senior - BHPian

VK & KL took India home comfortably in the end. Two slightly sore notes - of Kohli's lucky catch drop and Rahul's missed century - couldn't really compete with the scare that we were faced with at the beginning of the innings: 2-3 is a score capable of sending tremors through even the strongest of fans' hearts!

The bowling figures and KL finding his grip were the positives for me from this match. However, we have the tendency to:

1. Get lenient and complacent after one or two wins.
2. Peak early in long tournaments and fail to find rhythm and rigor in important knockout stages.

Hence, I am not too hopeful of the Indian team's prospects. However, the familiar playing conditions, home crowd and a few brilliant individual contributions from the stars could egg the team to buckle up and perform when it matters.

Well begun boys, well begun! .
Old 9th October 2023, 00:21   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haze View Post
I think with the ever-shortening attention span, and with the day-to-day work life getting increasingly hectic, 50 over cricket is just too long to watch.

I, for instance, no longer have the mental capacity to give an entire day just sitting in front of the TV.

This is where T20 really shines. 3-4 hours of action, and then off you go.
Bingo.
Let's be honest.
Life is hectic on all front if you are a working person who has to manage professional and family responsibilities. It's just not feasible to sit in front of tv for 8 hours straight to watch an ODI. Most T20 be it international or IPL in India starts at 7.30pm and ends by 11pm. Perfect timing to unwind after a hectic day by watching couple of hours of entertaining cricket. ODI are a dying format and outside of World cup no one literally cares for it for 4 years. They should be shelved and only T20 and Tests should remain and this will happen in future.

Anyways, brilliant performance by bowlers. Although we let them make 200 after 140-7. We have Tradition of never demolishing tail easily. 2-3 was a dream start for Australia. I wasn't worried. Till Kohli is there I had belief we will win as Required rate was just 4 per over. More than Kohli it's KL who showed tremendous character in finishing the game. Unlucky to miss a 100. Fielding was another great point today. Kohlis catch to dismiss Mitch Marsh was stunning.

Great start to our World cup campaign. Disaster start for England and Aussies who were touted as Favorites this time.
Old 9th October 2023, 09:24   #69
Distinguished - BHPian

Man, the amount we trolled KL on the main cricket thread earlier this year! Guess we need to acknowledge that the professionals know what they are doing.

(And perhaps lighten up on the cricket threads a bit, since all we are doing is posting educated guesses. Everyone has their opinion- but that's all it is at the end of the day, an opinion!)

Last edited by am1m : 9th October 2023 at 09:25.
am1m is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th October 2023, 09:35   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revvatron View Post
Absolutely. Still empty seats and this match for some reason gives Bi-lateral series vibes. Maybe they gave tickets to associated sponsors who didn't turn up.
I was in the stadium yesterday. Seems like the stands which were sold on bookmyshow are jam packed and the majority of the other stands blocked for God-knows-who are largely vacant.

Remember how fast the tickets were sold out online. So the entire narrative of 'ODI cricket is dying, boring, etc' is not the reason. I blame the BCCI with all my heart for this.

I got the ticket after many days of trying in resale - at an inflated price. Same with many guys who sat near us. Felt cheated and disheartened after seeing so many seats going waste.
Bhargav7 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th October 2023, 10:18   #71
BHPian

Well played by India. KL played a chanceless innings, although didn't like the last ball disappointment he showed when team had won. Hope Iyer plays a great role in coming matches. Not sure about Ishan when Gill becomes fit to play.

Surprised India is still very warm and sultry even in October !
Old 9th October 2023, 10:27   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dailydriver View Post
Rahul's missed century -
Could have easily got his century if Pandya just rotated the strike back instead of tonking his only six.

While NRR may be important in such a Round Robin format, just a couple of deliveries more should not have been an issue.
Fx14 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2023, 10:48   #73
BHPian

For everyone feeling disappointed about KL not getting to a century.

The 2023 Cricket World Cup-screenshot_20231009103436.jpg
Shumi_21 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2023, 11:05   #74
Team-BHP Support

Ishan Kishan should be spanked for playing that shot. Absolute brainless batting.
Old 9th October 2023, 13:09   #75
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fx14 View Post
Could have easily got his century if Pandya just rotated the strike back instead of tonking his only six.

While NRR may be important in such a Round Robin format, just a couple of deliveries more should not have been an issue.
True.

Pandya could have been a bit more considerate.

Rahul's instant disappointment at the ball making it across the boundary line without a hop was a sight to see. He even expressed it openly later, saying that his plan was to first score a four and then a six - ensuring the victory and completing his century.

Hope the innings was not a flash in the pan and that he carries forward the form throughout the tournament.

Meanwhile, the hat trick heroes need to pull up their socks, pronto!

Everyday is not a Sunday!!!

Last edited by dailydriver : 9th October 2023 at 13:12.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks