Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 20th October 2023, 17:02   #226
Senior - BHPian

Re: The 2023 Cricket World Cup

Guys let's all agree. BCCI has bought over ICC and this tournament is fixed not only to let India win but also to let the players get individual milestones. To the extent that even overseas umpires are not calling wides so that Kohli can get to his century! Indian players are as always, selfish and play only for personal milestones.

All the while forgetting that rules for wide were changed and Kohli while trying to get to 'his' century also ended up scoring 20 odd runs in 3 overs.

One question though - If all this is such a farce why are we still wasting our time here commenting on a world cup that has gone to the dogs?
Old 20th October 2023, 17:41   #227
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vibbs View Post
Guys let's all agree. BCCI has bought over ICC and this tournament is fixed not only to let India win but also to let the players get individual milestones. ?
Sorry, but I completely and strongly disagree. You are free to not watch or comment but ‘buying’ a World Cup is beyond even BCCI

Last edited by Eddy : 20th October 2023 at 17:42.
Eddy is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 20th October 2023, 17:49   #228
Senior - BHPian

A tad disappointed to see the lackluster scoring by the Aussies after the foundation laid by the two centurions.

Still going to be a good score, but what might have been...

edit: Afridi gets 5 wickets. Good pullback by the Pakistan team. Too late?
Old 20th October 2023, 17:51   #229
BHPian

Aussies don't have a middle order that can handle the innings. Maxwell is always boom or bust so can't count on him. Smith isn't the player he is anymore.The lower order can't even be trusted to score 30 odd runs.Can't see how they can make it to finals.

Last edited by Revvatron : 20th October 2023 at 17:55.
Old 20th October 2023, 18:04   #230
BHPian

Quote:
Guys let's all agree. BCCI has bought over ICC and this tournament is fixed not only to let India win but also to let the players get individual milestones. To the extent that even overseas umpires are not calling wides so that Kohli can get to his century! Indian players are as always, selfish and play only for personal milestones.

All the while forgetting that rules for wide were changed and Kohli while trying to get to 'his' century also ended up scoring 20 odd runs in 3 overs.

One question though - If all this is such a farce why are we still wasting our time here commenting on a world cup that has gone to the dogs?

Huh? I do not understand the flow of your argument. So we need to first agree that BCCI has bought over ICC? Then tournament is fixed?

Do you have any credible source for this? Or is it just a case of "Trust me Bro". These are serious accusations and allegations to make. If they are just your opinions, you are entitled to them. If you are saying these as Statement of Facts - then I would request atleast some kind of hard evidence that is not based on feelings and emotions or circumstances.

And I respect your right to have an opinion, and I will defend your right to an opinion on any forum. But here's the catch, I do not have to agree to your opinion. You have made three statements or opinions and called the whole tournament a farce, and yet you are here on this thread commenting about this, so just not sure if there is any agenda.

There are a lot of cricket lovers here, just request you to not insult their intelligence by calling the whole tournament "fixed". Does BCCI have clout with ICC? Yes. Should BCCI have this clout with ICC? Hell yes, given BCCI provides over 80% of ICC Revenues and gets less than half that. However equating that clout with manipulating a whole tournament? I have my doubts.
Ays7 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th October 2023, 18:09   #231
BHPian

Quote:

Not sure if you are trying to be sarcastic or you actually mean this. What ever it is, it just does not make any sense. No offense meant.
Engine_Roars is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th October 2023, 18:11   #232
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Sorry, but I completely and strongly disagree. You are free to not watch or comment but ‘buying’ a World Cup is beyond even BCCI
I am sure Vibbs was being sarcastic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revvatron View Post
Aussies don't have a middle order that can handle the innings. Maxwell is always boom or bust so can't count on him. Smith isn't the player he is anymore.The lower order can't even be trusted to score 30 odd runs.Can't see how they can make it to finals.
Aussies unnecessarily altered their batting order with some 17 overs still to bowl. And those quick wickets halted the momentum. Still it’s a monumental score for Pakistan to chase down against these Oz bowling attack.
rx100 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2023, 18:31   #233
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revvatron View Post
I think Maxwell had a brain fade moment. Otherwise there was 400 on board for sure. There was plenty of time for him to get his eye in and then go for the big shots but bro went for glory instead.
Old 20th October 2023, 18:33   #234
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Surely Australia were looking at a 400+ total after the belter of a start Warner and Mitch Marsh gave them, but a heap of wickets lost in the back end didn’t help their cause and ended up with 367/9.

Will be interesting to see if Pakistan can chase this down to win. Small ground that the Chinnaswamy is, chasing under lights and possible dew factor can change the equation.

Last edited by NPV : 20th October 2023 at 18:36.
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2023, 19:41   #235
BHPian

At this stage after 15.1 overs, Pakistan are at 95-0 which is clearly ahead of Australia.

If Australia lose this (dew factor incoming), only they are to blame for there was a sure shot 400+ on the cards.
Old 20th October 2023, 19:48   #236
Distinguished - BHPian

Match is definitely shaping up well, and atmosphere here in stadium is amazing, hoping for a cracker finish, warner and marsh already provided first innings fireworks.

The 2023 Cricket World Cup-20231020_160710.jpg

The 2023 Cricket World Cup-20231020_1606140.jpg

The 2023 Cricket World Cup-20231020_180904.jpg
AtheK is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 20th October 2023, 19:49   #237
BHPian

Why is DRS not working now? (At 7.40 pm IST in AUS-PAK match, during PAK batting)
Old 20th October 2023, 21:08   #238
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vharihar View Post
Why is DRS not working now? (At 7.40 pm IST in AUS-PAK match, during PAK batting)
There was some electrical failure due to which DRS wasn't available.

Match is shaping up well.
Pakistan is batting much better than I expected. Aussies only themselves have to blame. Horrendous batting except for Marsh and Warner who were brilliant. 400 was easily achievable with Sensible batting.

Maxwell reminds me of Shahid Afridi. Both think they can hit first ball for 6 and holes out in the 30 yards itself
Old 20th October 2023, 21:12   #239
BHPian

Aussies should definitely look beyond starc now. He has been carried by the team far too long. Guy has more bad performances than good ones.Bowls one good spell and then disappears for ages. Had Cummins opened the bowling things might have been different.They always look handicapped with him.
Old 20th October 2023, 22:43   #240
BHPian

I understand why the majority of the people are justifying the umpire’s call for not wide. But would it be justified if India needed 2 runs from the last ball of the match, batsman leaving a similar delivery considering it wide but the Umpire refusing to give the wide?
We would have demanded public execution of the Umpire.😜
itsbaman is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed