Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st June 2024, 13:05   #196
BHPian

Re: Lost money to a very convincing scam online | Fraudsters posing as Fedex

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
It also sends SMS along with WhatsApp if you select any option like 'headlights on' to the owner. But lets not miss the wood for the trees. Point is they have all data available including your name & phone number. This cannot happen without access to RTO data.
I am not able to use the portal for any search on Chrome desktop or mobile. When I enter a vehicle number it gives me the following:

Lost money to a very convincing scam online | Fraudsters posing as Fedex-123.jpg
Old 21st June 2024, 13:53   #197
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuldagap View Post
I am not able to use the portal for any search on Chrome desktop or mobile. When I enter a vehicle number it gives me the following:

Attachment 2619034
Navigate to this using your phone's browser:
https://app.ngf132.com/?
saket77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st June 2024, 14:09   #198
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuldagap View Post

Attachment 2619034
It doesn't work when desktop mode is ON in mobile Chrome. Disable this option and it will work.
Everlearner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st June 2024, 21:36   #199
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_skyliner View Post
This is also a common scam now. Let me guess, the call came from +92 number?
You are absolutely correct. It’s from +92 number. It might be an absolute coincidence. It happened twice in 2 semesters, first accusation was of rape, while the other accusation was accident.
Sunny_7937 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st June 2024, 21:42   #200
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everlearner View Post
It doesn't work when desktop mode is ON in mobile Chrome. Disable this option and it will work.
Thanks. It worked when Chrome was put on mobile mode.

I sent a random mesaage to a random guy without the portal asking me any details about myself. I really wonder how the get the data and how relevant it is for people who don't want unsolicited mesaages from a company.
Old 21st June 2024, 22:26   #201

Few days back, I received a whatsapp call from anumber claiming to be an SI of Punjab Police and asked me who all of your family members have gone out of town recently. I said none and how does it concern you. He then told me that he has arrested a person in a dacoity case and your mobile number is saved in his contacts so we are filling an FIR against you. Initially i panicked but i got recovered quickly enough to understand that it's a hoax call. I told him to send me the copy of FIR through Regd Post or through official email id to my email id. He tried to scare me in the name of my family's honour and told me that my respect in the society will be gone if policemen came to my house. I said i am ready just send me the copy of FIR. He tried for five more minutes and then end the call using some abuses. It is also a way to trick people.
msonwheels is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st June 2024, 23:22   #202

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranavt View Post
Received this a few days ago:
Wow, What an amazing reply by you. The scammer must have been thinking what have i done? Superb

Last edited by ampere : 21st June 2024 at 23:28.
Old 22nd June 2024, 09:36   #203
Senior - BHPian

Someone in Bengaluru spoke to them in Kannada and they disconnected immediately, I believe You can use this trick next.
Old 22nd June 2024, 10:38   #204
BHPian

Received a call from an unknown number and didn’t bother picking it up. They left me below attached voicemail.

Lost money to a very convincing scam online | Fraudsters posing as Fedex-img_8132.jpeg
ex-innova-guy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2024, 12:24   #205
BHPian

Well this one is new, and probably everyone here would be at risk since we all love driving Little knowledge about apps would be good to prevent us from falling into such traps. Got a WhatsApp message saying I have a traffic violation and the message has my registration number as well. Refer the image below-
Lost money to a very convincing scam online | Fraudsters posing as Fedex-screenshot_202406111323422.png

Points to note-

1. Random number with a kid's image as a display picture sending traffic violation
2. Traffic violation sent on WhatsApp
3. APK being shared over whatsapp to check traffic violation, never ever install any Android app from unknown sources including the ones received on WhatsApp
4. Savdhan Rahe Satark Rahe Surakshit Rahe
TSI47 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2024, 13:18   #206
BHPian

Couple of week back, I got a call from Mumbai court (Precisely, it was Chembur court). Usual scene of IVR, press 9 and a person came up on the other side (an elderly person it seems)

Story: Some one has misused my aadhar no to get car loan with ICICI and defaulted. So, a court summon is issued to me.

By this time, clearly aware that this is scam and was busy in work, disconnected the call. But for a split second, it was scary though.

After reading this thread, curse myself for losing an opportunity to give back to these guys.
Old 22nd June 2024, 13:50   #207
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSI47 View Post
Got a WhatsApp message saying I have a traffic violation and the message has my registration number as well.
Attachment 2619383
There is already a dedicated thread for a similar scam. Link (Fraud Alert - Fake speeding violation phishing scam)
Old 24th June 2024, 07:34   #208
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SedateGuy View Post
Just yesterday my wife got a very genuine looking SMS saying Rs 10k has been transferred to her account...

...Shouldn't be too honest without verifying.
I too had the exactly same experience and my wife too, she runs two AirBnb guest houses and the crooks on the pretext of booking one of the guesthouses used similar modus operandi.

The scamsters are using different and unique ways to dupe people and believe they have a certain success percentage. Believe most of these cyber fraudsters are based in Bihar and Jharkhand as depicted in a series in Netflix.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 24th June 2024 at 10:34. Reason: Trimmed quote.
Old 24th June 2024, 10:59   #209
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krrisdrive View Post
Couple of week back, I got a call from Mumbai court (Precisely, it was Chembur court). Usual scene of IVR, press 9 and a person came up on the other side (an elderly person it seems)

Story: Some one has misused my aadhar no to get car loan with ICICI and defaulted. So, a court summon is issued to me.

By this time, clearly aware that this is scam and was busy in work, disconnected the call. But for a split second, it was scary though.

After reading this thread, curse myself for losing an opportunity to give back to these guys.
This could have been genuine. Just that your number is attached to loan but you don't have any accountability. I got a legal notice too from a lawyer but clearly name and address wasn't mine and notice clearly mentioned if you are not the said person, ignore. This was followed by a call from someone with Delhi Magistrate asking me to attend hearing.
PrideRed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2024, 11:02   #210
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
This could have been genuine. Just that your number is attached to loan but you don't have any accountability. I got a legal notice too from a lawyer but clearly name and address wasn't mine and notice clearly mentioned if you are not the said person, ignore. This was followed by a call from someone with Delhi Magistrate asking me to attend hearing.
Not sure if courts call you directly asking you to appear. Legal notice to the registered address would be the protocol i think.
deathwalkr is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks