Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st August 2023, 17:38   #31
BHPian

Re: Three sudden pilot deaths in the last three days!

Definitely lazy reporting. Do we see a headline if say 3 random software engineers die across the world in 3 days? I'm sure more than three software engineers pass away each week. These articles are generally written specifically with the intention of creating some shock value, to get click traffic, and are best ignored.
supermax is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2023, 16:21   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Any chance would this be connected to Pfizer's anti-Covid vax ? Have come across a few articles on this angle in people from the western countries due to taking that vax.
I think it's both highly inappropriate and irresponsible to indulge in gross speculation. Sensible and responsible people vaccinate themselves, to protect themselves and to not unnecessarily endanger others, including those who may have compromised immune systems. Unfortunately, vaccination doesn't bestow immortality to people and they can die due to other reasons. Members of the anti vaccine brigade are known to couple any deaths to vaccines. I had an acquaintance who mentioned about high fatality in a group of people who'd taken a certain vaccine, and his numbers included those who had died in a car accident! He claimed even after this was pointed out that the crash might have been due to the vaccine affecting their concentration! This is beyond clutching at straws. I know you are not stating it as a fact, but wording it as a question, but it is still wild conjecture and hence not contributing to any discussion of value.
supermax is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2023, 22:22   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supermax View Post
I think it's both highly inappropriate and irresponsible to indulge in gross speculation. Sensible and responsible people vaccinate themselves, to protect themselves and to not unnecessarily endanger others
Skepticism serves us well, and its hard to trust profiteering big pharma. At the same time, its hard for layman to digest pure science. We have a dire need for scientists with good communication skills to connect with the layman and pull us away from people like Tucker.

People need to look at the average life of humans and how much of an impact vaccines have had.
https://ourworldindata.org/reduction...ases-in-the-us

We can scrutinize the financials of Pfizer and their disclosure of side effects all we want, but we cant discard the role of covid vaccines (from all of pharma and govts. ) in reducing overall deaths, and ending the pandemic. What else did public health officials have, just shut things down, sit around and watch people die?

Last edited by GutsyGibbon : 23rd August 2023 at 22:24.
GutsyGibbon is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th August 2023, 11:51   #34
BHPian

Since the discussion has somehow got into Covid vaccines, here are a few facts about the mRNA vaccines that were mainly administered to the US population.
  • The science and technology behind mRNA is very new.

• Covid vaccines were the first mRNA vaccines to get authorization for use on general population.

• Covid vaccines using mRNA technology was pioneered by two companies - Moderna (US, founded 2010), and BioNTech (Germany, 2008). At the time of their Covid vaccines' approval in late 2020, they were respectively 10 year and 12 year old Biotech startups.

• Contrary to popular belief, Pfizer did not develop the Covid vaccine. They got into a testing and logistics partnership with BioNTech to manufacture and sell the mRNA vaccine in the US. BioNTech being a 'startup' simply did not have the manufacturing or sales capability that Pfizer provided. Or for that matter, the influence that Pfizer enjoys with US FDA - for example, this former commissioner of the FDA (till 2019), is a director with Pfizer.

• For both Moderna and BioNTech, the Covid vaccines were the first to get approved. None of their earlier vaccines have got an approval.

• In the almost 3 years since the Covid vaccines, mRNA vaccines have not got authorization for use for any other disease.

• mRNA technology to develop vaccines is completely different from the traditional vaccines. Just because both are vaccines, they should not be equated, though the intentions are the same. As an automotive analogy, an AMT cannot be compared to a TC or a DCT just because are all 'automatics'

Given all this, would you consider an mRNA vaccine for yourself/your loved ones?

I would be very skeptical of anything 'revolutionary' that comes out a research of a few years by teenage Biotech startups, when it concerns my body. Give me Covishield or Covaxin any day .
DigitalOne is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th August 2023, 23:34   #35
Distinguished - BHPian

So you think pilots are fit? You think pilots get regular medical exams to check they are fit for duty?

Think again : 5000 pilots suspected of hiding serious medical issues.

https://www.azfamily.com/2023/08/29/...s-report-says/

Fly safely, learn to be a pilot yourself!

Jeroen

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks