Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th July 2023, 21:03   #16
BHPian

Re: Bengaluru Airport Terminal 2 | Initial Impressions

If you book international flights from Lufthansa, Vistara is offered for the first leg of the journey from BLR T2 to BOM T2 Domestic. In such cases, I guess the immigration check happens in BOM T2 International as the immigration is not yet operational in BLR T2.

Any idea what happens to your checked-in luggage in such cases? Do I have to pick it up from BOM T2 Domestic and check-in again at BOM T2 International or will the airlines take care of it? Also, it is not clear how I can enter BOM T2 International from BOM T2 Domestic without exiting the airport.

Both the airport and the airlines have failed to give a satisfactory answer.
Old 4th July 2023, 22:28   #17
Mik
BHPian

I have so far only 'arrived' at the T2.
Frankly i didn't like it at all. The bus takes a very circuitous route to drop off point. The whole sustainability/green/woods theme is overdone. Somewhere, this airport lacks soul. It doesn't do much to showcase Kannada heritage. This same airport could be in any generic place across the world. Mumbai T2 to me is the best in the world!
The parking/pickup situation is a bit confusing as of now but i guess will get used to it.
Eventually, the novelty of the hanging plants will wear off. For the near future, i would keep sticking to T1 if given a choice. Coupled with digiyatra, i have timed myself to less than 5 mins sometimes to finish checkin
Old 5th July 2023, 00:59   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quick snap when went for a drop off at T2:

Bengaluru Airport Terminal 2 | Initial Impressions-3e7005aeffc04a75abc5d2fe973527d6.jpeg

What a long drive past T1. Is there a shuttle or internal connection from T1 to T2? Just in case if someone gets dropped off at T1 instead of T2 by mistake.

Last edited by balenoed_ : 5th July 2023 at 01:00.
Old 5th July 2023, 07:17   #19
Senior - BHPian

I am scheduled to travel today to Mumbai through Vistara and will be using the T2 terminal for the first time. Any lounges available in the new terminal? Anybody with Priority pass has accessed the lounges? Hows the experience been? Do they have Digiyatra counters for fast movement?
Old 5th July 2023, 08:19   #20
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
I am scheduled to travel today to Mumbai through Vistara and will be using the T2 terminal for the first time. Any lounges available in the new terminal? Anybody with Priority pass has accessed the lounges? Hows the experience been? Do they have Digiyatra counters for fast movement?
Don't use a priority pass for domestic travel; otherwise, you will be charged $32, which will be reflected later on your CC statement. Lounges are available, and use your Credit card to gain access.
aseem23 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2023, 08:26   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aseem23 View Post
Don't use a priority pass for domestic travel; otherwise, you will be charged $32, which will be reflected later on your CC statement. Lounges are available, and use your Credit card to gain access.
I have been using the Priority pass uptil now at all major airport lounges even international ones and till date haven't been charged anything. This has been cross verified in the CC statement.
Old 5th July 2023, 08:37   #22
BANNED

Quote:
I have been using the Priority pass uptil now at all major airport lounges even international ones and till date haven't been charged anything. This has been cross verified in the CC statement.
Good to know. I used Priority Pass issued by Amex for my domestic travel at Bangalore Terminal 2 recently but was charged $32 later in my CC statement. I had no idea about it and thought it was free for Domestic access too. Later I checked with the Amex team, and they said to use your AMEX card for getting lounge access within India, and a Priority pass at International airports. Based on your feedback, I will re-check with AMEX. Thank you!
aseem23 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2023, 08:38   #23
BHPian

Quote:
The T2 Lounge was very small when i last travelled in May 23. It can barely hold 50 people. So dont be surprised if you dont find space. I used priority pass (infinia) to enter no issues with that. I prefer T1 lounge much more well planned and spacious (the one for priority pass)
alexgv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2023, 11:57   #24
BHPian

I have a trip coming up on Air Asia to Bangalore soon. Do we get Uber/Ola from T2 itself or we need to go to the dedicated spots in Terminal 1 ? Is there a shuttle service from Terminal 2 to Terminal 1 ?
Old 10th July 2023, 12:46   #25
Senior - BHPian

Is there a paid parking close to terminal 2?

I usually park my car in the paid parking P3 while taking flight from Terminal 1. My next flight is with Air Asia at Terminal 2, and as I understand I need to park at the usual paid parking close to terminal 2 and take the shuttle from Terminal 1 to Terminal 2. Thanks
Old 10th July 2023, 12:54   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexgv View Post
The T2 Lounge was very small when i last travelled in May 23. It can barely hold 50 people. So dont be surprised if you dont find space. I used priority pass (infinia) to enter no issues with that. I prefer T1 lounge much more well planned and spacious (the one for priority pass)
There is a 080 lounge in Terminal 2 which is at par with the one available in T1. The lounge can easily accommodate 100+ people at any given point of time. The food spread is limited as of now but I am sure that will improve as the operations from T2 increase.
Old 10th July 2023, 13:10   #27
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by UPS_Guru View Post
. In such cases, I guess the immigration check
Immigration will happen only at BOM, since that is the international leg for you. That is common across location / airlines.

Quote:

Any idea what happens to your checked-in luggage in such cases? Do I have to pick it up from BOM T2 Domestic and check-in again at BOM T2 International or will the airlines take care of it?
It depends on airline to airline. I have had cases where the check-in was done to final destination and places where asked to get the baggage from first destination and use baggage drop option for the second leg of the journey.

Last week my brother flew AirIndia from TelAviv - Delhi (2 hour transit) - Bangalore. Same PNR, same airline. However, they asked to picked the baggage from Delhi for and drop at baggage drop for the second.

Quote:
Also, it is not clear how I can enter BOM T2 International from BOM T2 Domestic without exiting the airport.
Its the same airport, just the different gates. Also, I personally have felt the BOM airport has faster queue and better managed than BLR one. So it should be quick for you.

- If baggage gets checked in to Frankfurt from Bangalore- You head to Immigration and to boarding gate for your Lufthansa.
- If baggage gets checked in only till BOM - You need to head to baggage carousal, collect baggage. Head to Lufthansa baggage drop.

You will anyway be having the boarding pass for full journey, so just the baggage drop line for you at the worst case.
mpksuhas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2023, 22:53   #28
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
If you book international flights from Lufthansa, Vistara is offered for the first leg of the journey from BLR T2 to BOM T2 Domestic. In such cases, I guess the immigration check happens in BOM T2 International as the immigration is not yet operational in BLR T2.

Any idea what happens to your checked-in luggage in such cases? Do I have to pick it up from BOM T2 Domestic and check-in again at BOM T2 International or will the airlines take care of it? Also, it is not clear how I can enter BOM T2 International from BOM T2 Domestic without exiting the airport.

Both the airport and the airlines have failed to give a satisfactory answer.
If you have the same PNR number throughout, then you check in and pick up baggage at your final destination. You are issued both boarding cards and all you need to do is complete immigration

On return, you will need to collect your luggage and go through customs. Am not sure if a drop off facility exists or you need to check in again.

If the PNR is different, you need to check in for each sector
ajmat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2023, 19:31   #29
BHPian

Hope this update helps:

Quote:
..If you book international flights from Lufthansa, Vistara is offered for the first leg of the journey from BLR T2 to BOM T2 Domestic. In such cases, I guess the immigration check happens in BOM T2 International as the immigration is not yet operational in BLR T2. Any idea what happens to your checked-in luggage in such cases? Do I have to pick it up from BOM T2 Domestic and check-in again at BOM T2 International or will the airlines take care of it?..
-If the ticket involving multiple flights is booked with the same PNR, then the baggage is typically dropped at the source and picked at the destination.
-The airline personnel taking your check-in baggage will clearly mention where to pick your baggage, and the sticker (usually stuck behind the boarding pass for the last leg of the journey) will also clearly indicate the final destination for your baggage.

Quote:
..Also, it is not clear how I can enter BOM T2 International from BOM T2 Domestic without exiting the airport...
- You can now enter BOM T2 International from BOM t2 Domestic without leaving the terminal. The signage is clear and you just follow the directions to reach there.

---
As of 31-Aug-2023, international operations were supposed to begin from BLR T2 instead of T1, but operational issues have halted the move. So all departures and arrivals for international flights will continue from BLR T1 till further notice from BIAL.
---
Old 2nd April 2024, 10:26   #30
BHPian

A quick small appreciation note for the management at T2!

TLDR - Glitz and glamour will sheen away, people / incident management is what finally makes or breaks UX

I travel with a toddler which allows me to utilize the smaller, special queues reserved for passengers with special needs.
One find morning, the family had a flight to catch to Delhi and unfortunately, there were quite a few morning commuters who were late to the airport and in an absolute rush to get to the gates through security.
Now seeing the smaller queues, they literally start to the barge in with passion to an extent of pushing wheelchair bounds folk out of the way.
I recorded this whole ordeal (with permission from the security staff and was careful to avoid capturing their faces) along with the callousness of the security folks there giving two hoots about it.
I immediately raised a complaint on the grievance section of T2's website (I stay away from social media and have no twitter and a defunct Instagram account). Sitting in the lounge, I got a call from the terminal manager and he asked me details. I asked him to visit me since I was still in the terminal. Within 5 minutes, he was watching the video I had recorded and was extremely polite and respectful in taking feedback. I was assured of proper training of the on duty staff to ensure such incidents do not happen again. Few weeks down the line, I had a quick, solo day trip to Mumbai and tried to slip in to the priority queue but was politely shooed off to join the generic queue from the same security lady who I had met previously
Was happy to see quick feedback implementation and called up the terminal manager to convey the same.
ShreyG is offline   (6) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks