Team-BHP > Shifting gears

View Poll Results: Your preferred UPI app and why?
PhonePe 132 17.41%
Google Pay 380 50.13%
Paytm 159 20.98%
Amazon Pay 26 3.43%
Other - Please specify in your post 61 8.05%
Voters: 758. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 30th May 2023, 16:16   #196
BHPian

Re: Poll : Your preferred UPI app and why?

For UPI, my preference has always been the App provided by the banks I operate with (ICICI, HDFC & Axis). Of late, I've started using BHIM UPI App and it is very convenient. They also have a feature of UPI Lite, wherein you can make payments (<INR 200) very quickly and seamlessly!

Worth a try!
cdrajeevkumar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st May 2023, 11:55   #197
Senior - BHPian

After using Amazon Pay as primary UPI app with Paytm as backup for the last three years, I have now moved to Paytm fully. There were some issues with Amazon Pay and few good features in paytm.

I had two bank accounts linked to Amazon Pay, but I was unable to change the primary bank. The app did not have the option and customer care was helpless. Also, there was no option to remove any of the bank accounts. You can add new bank accounts but no option to remove. Also, my shopping on Amazon moved to CC from Amazon Pay UPI hence there were not many cashbacks off late.

For Paytm, I like the display of previous payments for same contact it shows in the same window when you are paying new payment. Also, it gives options to setup a scan shortcut on your mobile dashboard so you can directly go to scan. Avoids couple of clicks. Paytm allows removal of bank account as well as changing of primary bank account.

One issue I see in paytm is the option to initiate a receive payment UPI transaction. Earlier it was there but now I am unable to find it.

Last edited by shipnil : 31st May 2023 at 11:56.
shipnil is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 31st May 2023, 14:30   #198
Distinguished - BHPian

Now, even PhonePe has added UPI Lite. PayTM has the first mover advantage. I will still prefer PayTM app over any other.
sagarpadaki is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2024, 00:28   #199
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Unified Payments Interface (UPI) was formally launched at the Eiffel Tower in Paris at the Indian Republic day reception on Friday, February 2, which means that tourists now visiting the iconic monument can conveniently book their trips using India's payment mechanism.

LINK
Attached Thumbnails
Poll : Your preferred UPI app and why?-img_6809.jpeg  

Last edited by NomadSK : 3rd February 2024 at 00:31.
NomadSK is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2024, 19:04   #200
Senior - BHPian

Looking at a post PayTM world, does anyone know of any bank's UPI service using only the fingerprint validation for payments ? Like PayTM(Fingerprint Id) used to with their PayTM Payments Bank (PPBL) savings account.

I am assuming that regardless of the app, the moment any bank's UPI service is hit with a pay request, they will ask for their UPI pin to be entered. IMO the only way to achieve a single touch UPI payment is if the bank itself provides a fingerprint authentication service for UPI payments. I am also going to assume that this would be possible only when using the bank's app(like PayTM with PayTM Payments Bank account used to).
At present, I haven't founnd an option with either SBI(yono) or HDFC(payzapp).
How about other banks?

Last edited by shancz : 3rd March 2024 at 19:06. Reason: added banks quest
Old 3rd March 2024, 19:44   #201
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shancz View Post
Looking at a post PayTM world, does anyone know of any bank's UPI service using only the fingerprint validation for payments ? Like PayTM(Fingerprint Id) used to with their PayTM Payments Bank (PPBL) savings account.
ICICI Bank's iMobile app does offer this feature although it works only when an app sends a payment request, atleast for me.
porsche_guy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th March 2024, 10:19   #202
BHPian

I think for me has to be the organic application of the respective bank where I have my funds! I have some accounts in ICICI and AXIS, both of their application is pretty sorted and works fine almost all of the time!
aamishdhingra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th March 2024, 12:54   #203
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

I am from the payments industry and have been part of the journey in the last 15 years. Things have looked good since 2014 (no points for guessing why). Personally, I use BHIM and Google Pay.

I prefer BHIM. Indian product etc. Yes, it has a long way to go in terms of UI improvement. They are taking small but good steps towards that. If BHIM does not work then I use Google Pay.
sjain2054 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th March 2024, 13:40   #204

Quote:
Originally Posted by shancz View Post
[/i]
Not sure if you mean a UPI Lite service. Have never used Paytm earlier, so I am unsure if it is the same thing.

Google Pay does have UPI Lite integrated where one can do small value transaction without the need for a PIN. So the only authentication is while you enter into the app, which can be through a fingerprint/Face ID.
vj196 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th March 2024, 14:12   #205
Senior - BHPian

My GoTo app now is CRED. Seems more similar to PayTM in terms of offering seamless experience. Worthy replacement IMHO, unless there's a concern which the tech savvy guys from the forum sees do feel free to add in!
gururajrv is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th March 2024, 15:38   #206
BHPian

Does anyone have PayTM wallet auto cash load enabled?

I have set it up long time back, such that every time the paytm wallet balance goes below 500, it gets auto loaded with 2000 INR from my bank account via UPI. Now this auto load is not getting unlinked. When I try to open up the settings of auto load, the app gives an error. I suspect they have purposefully killed the autoload disable option in the back end so folks like me cannot unlink to auto cash load.

Any thoughts?
Old 4th March 2024, 15:43   #207
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nec2152 View Post

Any thoughts?
Thank God I did not enable this few months back. If possible, avoid transacting via PayTM for next 10-12 days and once the deadline of 15th March is over, the autoload should stop working anyway. I see almost every shop and vegetable seller around my place has replaced PayTM QR speakers with PhonePe.
Old 4th March 2024, 18:47   #208
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vj196 View Post
Not sure if you mean a UPI Lite service.
I don't mean UPI lite which is for small value transactions but normal UPI operating out of a savings account.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nec2152 View Post
I don't but if the option isn't available you can disable your UPI account itself, I am guessing that should stop all auto payments.
Its available by clicking the three vertical dots at the top right of the screen in the UPI and Payment settings which you arrive by clicking your profile icon in the top left of app-home.
Hope it helps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gururajrv View Post
My GoTo app now is CRED.
But I doubt it will work for what I am looking as the moment it hits the UPI interface of the bank which holds the savings account, it will throw up the UPI pin screen which I want to avoid.
Is this what you see or they have managed a way to use a single fingerprint validation to make payment via UPI?
But good to know about CRED. How do you operate it though? Have you linked a savings account or using via credit card(if that's possible) ?

Last edited by shancz : 4th March 2024 at 18:51. Reason: added missed resp
Old 4th March 2024, 18:55   #209

I have always found PhonePe to be a better UPI app than all others. From the perspective of user-experience, to privacy, to new features, to error-handling, PhonePe has been my app of choice.
On iPhone, they are the first to launch iOS specific enhancements like lock screen widgets etc. Removes a lot of friction in using the main features of the app.

The only other 2 apps, where I have UPI configured now are PayZapp and Amazon. PayZapp because, it provides many good features if you have an HDFC savings account. Amazon because UPI payments directly from within the app is more convenient than switching apps for payments.

After the PayTM fiasco, I have changed a few things though:
1. I deregistered my UPI accounts from everywhere else - GPay, BHIM, Airtel etc. With phone-number being the UPI id, multiple UPI extensions aren’t needed now. So, no need to maintain multiple accounts.
2. Traditional banks are still the most trusted financial organisations. The PayTM episode has made me sceptical of the start-ups, the payments bank etc. I will not trust them for any service beyond using them as third-party providers. No one can be sure what’s happening behind the scenes of these spanky and user-friendly apps.
rahul143 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th March 2024, 21:12   #210
BHPian

I have voted for others. My default app is BHIM UPI app and SbiPay since I have an SBI account. I face almost no niggles / issues with these two apps. I carry cash only for the purpose of my daily commute to office by public transport. Apart from that, i use BHIM for Credit card based transactions ( it's really good to use and even cashbacks are being added to the cc account) and SbiPay for those QRs which don't accept Credit card. My simple advise to every user here. Instead of using third party UPI apps, use the Mobile app of your bank which also has UPI payments integrated with it. Now almost all banks have this feature integrated with their Mobile banking app.

My reply for those who are having doubt on MDR for Credit card based transactions. In UPI as of now no MDR is charged from either of the users. The amount we scan and pay gets credited to the merchant account as it is.

I am using two Rupay credit cards. ICICI Coral Rupay credit card and SBI SimplySave credit card. I am having no niggles in using both these in BHIM UPI app.

Last edited by msa.30789 : 4th March 2024 at 21:14.

Most Viewed