Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd October 2022, 14:31   #1
BHPian

Videolog: Life and Experiences of my Grandad

This is a series of videos where my Grandad (in fact my Grandad's own brother, but that still makes him my grandad too) speaks about his passion for driving, the road and car scenario in the 50s and 60s.

He's a well-traveled gentleman that chose his passion as his profession - driving - when his extended family may have preferred him to do something else. He is 92 now and can recount all his adventures on the road, the tales of old Bangalore and his encounters with celebrities - he was their regular driver including for the Late Shri. Rajkapoor, M/s Nargis and others when they came to Mysore/Ooty/South India, due to his knowledge of the places and his command over English and his ability to regale people with his tales.

I'm posting the links to the public archive that was recorded by his acquaintance and his grandson. Copyright/Credits: Ranjan Kamath. All the views expressed in the videos belong solely to the speaker in the video. I hope you enjoy listening to this rockstar and helps inspire you to do more in your life and especially on the road with your ride. You may watch the entire playlist or jump to those that specifically talk about driving.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...87rlHGBomg6goy

MODS: I would like this to be either in the Travelogues section or in the Street Experiences forum, given it has a huge component of road and travel. Appreciate if you let it stay here rather than moving to 'shifting gears ' etc.

Last edited by airguitar : 2nd October 2022 at 14:49.
airguitar is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2022, 23:55   #2
BHPian

re: Videolog: Life and Experiences of my Grandad

Watched couple of episodes , at 92 Sir speaks really well and what a great voice.
I really smiled when he says he has lost his licence but police think that he is an old man and will surely not drive without a licence
BrokenHW is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks