Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd August 2024, 14:05   #5551
BHPian

Re: The TV / Streaming shows thread (no spoilers please)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercedised View Post
But but but.. I would like to know from Bhpian's what is behind all the hype this show has created without spoilers as I am yet to watch further seasons.
The TV / Streaming shows thread (no spoilers please)-bblast.jpg

Breaking Bad had some glacially slow episodes in between. However, the last 4 episodes have been the BEST I have ever seen in television, before or after :

To'hajiilee
Ozymandias
Granite State
Felina

These four have been such an immersive experience. It was only matched (to an extent, not completely) by Better Call Saul.
SithDefender is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2024, 23:41   #5552
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercedised View Post
Started watching the legendary series 'Breaking Bad'. Currently on S02 EP08. I only started watching becoz of imdb rating, and most of my friends were going gaga over the series. Till now, I have failed to understand what all the hype is about this show. I have heard and read from plenty that this is the best series made till now. I am finding this show very overrated. It's a very basic show with plenty of loopholes. Maybe this show is like classical music which is'nt for everyone.
Well, the whole concept, storyline, characters and most importantly a location which was never in any movie makers radar made this show into the legend that it is.

Imagine a chemistry teacher who is soft, intelligent and educated like most professors are changes his demeanor from episode to episode and becomes a totally different person by the middle of the series due to all the circumstances that is never seen before characterization.

What is thrilling is the so many near misses of them getting caught by his BIL kept me on the edge of the seat.

Each and Every character did the role of their career

Walter (What an acting. Pure love)
Jesse (What an acting. His rap style dialogue delivery is amazing)
Hank ( Cocky and atypical cop. Brilliant)
Saul (Sleazy, Despicable and Desperate- One of the best actings I ever saw in my life)
Gus (A black Italian dude- Sinister to the core and super polished)
Tuco (One of the best villains on screen)
Lalo (He too. What a villainous character. Charming and dangerous at same time)
Hector...so and so forth. Every character is a gem and played to the hilt by them.

We being car guys, a note on cars. Imagine using an ugly car like the Pontiac Aztec is so funny and real at the same time considering his financial situation.

This is one of the few series that I keep going back to watch some specific episodes that I love the most. Like this one scene is my most favorite- Tuco is my favorite maniac.

Then there is Saul Goodman. I never saw such fantastic acting in a long time.

I do agree it gets unbearably slow in between which is a minor downside but, the pace keeps picking up and I would highly recommend you to finish the whole series and have patience.

After this is done, move on to "Better Call Saul" and trust me you will be rewarded even more. Sometimes, I toss a coin to decide which is the better series and I'm still " undecided"

Breaking Bad- 10/5
Better Call Saul- 10/5
mobike008 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th August 2024, 14:43   #5553
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Watched Season 5 of Fargo on Prime. Enjoyed it, surprisingly not too many reviews of it here. Its watchable though maybe not as good as first 2 seasons but definitely better than previous 2 seasons which I had to abandon !
PPS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2024, 13:31   #5554
BHPian

Fans of "Only Murders in the Building", Season 4 just starting streaming weekly in Hotstar.

ThatCarGuy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2024, 20:04   #5555
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPS View Post
Watched Season 5 of Fargo on Prime. Enjoyed it, surprisingly not too many reviews of it here. Its watchable though maybe not as good as first 2 seasons but definitely better than previous 2 seasons which I had to abandon !

It was discussed when it first aired along with rest of the seasons. For me season 5 was excellent! I'm planning to watch it again.
If we are ranking the seasons then my personal list is

4th was lowest point in the series and I'm glad they made such a comeback from there. 2 and 3 are pretty close to each other though. I did abandon season 4 and never went back
Old 28th August 2024, 22:44   #5556
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by amol4184 View Post
It was discussed when it first aired along with rest of the seasons. For me season 5 was excellent! I'm planning to watch it again.
If we are ranking the seasons then my personal list is

4th was lowest point in the series and I'm glad they made such a comeback from there. 2 and 3 are pretty close to each other though. I did abandon season 4 and never went back
I am actually glad that Season 5 turned out to be really good, was disappointed after Season 4 and was in 2 minds whether to watch Season 5. I am happy that I gave it a shot.

My rankings -
Old 1st September 2024, 14:13   #5557

Re: The Hindi Movies Thread

IC814 : Netflix

Happened to watch this movie which was outstanding. Entire cast was remarkable particularly Vijay Verma’s acting. It is a gripping movie without any violence. I was glued to the TV and no idea how time went by. Good to watch with family. Realistic video editing too. Worth a watch.

Rating 9/10
Attached Thumbnails
The TV / Streaming shows thread (no spoilers please)-img_4705.jpeg  

the.shivaraj is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st September 2024, 20:19   #5558
Distinguished - BHPian

IC-814 Netflix

There is nothing that we don’t know about the story of IC 814 and the related hijack. This series only shows the story from the point of view of the pilot. The series is based on the book Flight into fear - The Captain’s story. The Captain Devi Sharan was later hailed as a hero. The only thing that is new to us, is the back room dealings that has been shown and which sometimes comes up as childish. The series is short and apart from the brilliant cast, that’s the only bright spot. The cast is an ensemble of superlative stars and that is perhaps the only reason to watch this series. Biggest miscast is Rajeev Thakur- he hardly can act and apart from the look, it was funny (no pun intended) to see him as a dreaded terrorist !!
Watch it for the cast and nothing else, specially Arvind Swamy- the guy hasn’t aged at all. Anubhav Sinha is losing it somewhat after a brilliant spell.

Rating: 2.5/5
ABHI_1512 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 1st September 2024, 23:21   #5559
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABHI_1512 View Post
IC-814 Netflix

Biggest miscast is Rajeev Thakur- he hardly can act and apart from the look, it was funny (no pun intended) to see him as a dreaded terrorist !! …
True!

I have only watched the first episode, but had to check the cast, to confirm it was Rajeev Thakur!

Couldn’t help but compare him to Jim Sarbh in Neerja. Jim was in a different league as the scary, unpredictable hijacker.
Dry Ice is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2024, 11:46   #5560
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
I watched it over the weekend, disappointed is the word, superlative cast, everything good at your disposal and you end up making such an amateurish take on one of the single biggest event which had a domino effect in the Indian subcontinent, with such a great true story how could one falter so bad? This had so much potential , alas, its still an ok series to watch, disappointed at it being an OK one instead of great!
aspire is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2024, 12:20   #5561
Senior - BHPian

I agree. Even otherwise, a stellar cast can't save a badly written series. Was disappointed.

Some controversy is raging right now -
https://www.ndtv.com/india-news/netf...ndtv_topscroll

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABHI_1512 View Post
Biggest miscast is Rajeev Thakur- he hardly can act and apart from the look, it was funny (no pun intended) to see him as a dreaded terrorist

Last edited by Sebring : 2nd September 2024 at 12:24.
Sebring is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2024, 12:33   #5562
Distinguished - BHPian

Netflix has some fantastic true-crime documentaries, for fans of the genre. These are some I recently came across:
1. Worst Ex Ever
2. Worst Roommate Ever (S2 is absolutely rivetting, S1 is OK-OK)
3. My Daughter's Killer (French)- it's almost like a Hollywood thriller- do check it out.
noopster is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2024, 22:42   #5563
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Some controversy is raging right now
Off topic but this entire controversy is totally unnecessary. The director only used what’s already in the public domain and even the Home Ministry has published the same names while submitting the report about the hijacking. So this current notice calling the content head of Netflix is only pandering to a certain notion and nothing else.
Old 3rd September 2024, 00:01   #5564
Distinguished - BHPian

The Accident (Netflix)
4/5

Stumbled upon this Mexican series on Netflix which I think released quite recently. I watched till date 4/10 episodes and found it pretty good considering I have limited tolerance for long drawn series....Plan to complete the rest later this week.

This is a story of a bunch of rich friends/colleagues who meet at a party and how an accident at the party changes everyone's life.

It's gripping and quite fast paced and shows the emotions of human in the advent of a tragedy and how everyone reacts so differently that destroys their personal and personal lives.
mobike008 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th September 2024, 00:31   #5565
BHPian

Re: The Hindi Movies Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by the.shivaraj View Post
IC814 : Netflix

Happened to watch this movie which was outstanding. Entire cast was remarkable particularly Vijay Verma’s acting. It is a gripping movie without any violence. I was glued to the TV and no idea how time went by. Good to watch with family. Realistic video editing too. Worth a watch.

Rating 9/10
I didn't understand all the hate for this series. I rate it 7.5/10
I binged it in a day. I don't know who Rajeev thakur is and never seen before, so I didn't feel any misplaced cast. I rated little lower due to the press angle which was unnecessary and didn't add any value to the story or how it affected the hijacking. Looks like forced Netflix gender quota ( sorry if I am harsh )

So happy to see Arvind swamy. The negotiations seemed a bit funny which was actually very gruelling as per NatGeo doc. A marathon 30h negotiations.
vj_torqueaddict is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks