Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st March 2024, 05:37   #5341
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The TV / Streaming shows thread (no spoilers please)

Break Point - Zee5

A documentary which follows the incredible journey of Paes-Bhupati through their highs and lows. Good thing is, it doesn’t pander to just the controversies which surrounded their partnership. Some of the crucial matches are covered well with just the right amount of theatrics. Sure, the results are well known, but it still manages to get you excited. The duo’s commentary on what was going on, on the field during those crunch moments only adds to the excitement.

Overall, an enjoyable watch

PS: I am not a tennis fan, but these 2 remain etched in my memory. I can never forget the sensation they created in a cricket frenzied country by winning the 1999 Wimbledon. Wish they stuck together for longer!

The TV / Streaming shows thread (no spoilers please)-img_1674.jpeg
Dry Ice is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 1st March 2024, 11:26   #5342
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
Break Point - Zee5
Thanks for the suggestion. They were true rockstars of the tennis world. Chest bumping their way to some dominating lovely tennis!

Shall be watching this
deathwalkr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2024, 23:20   #5343
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amol4184 View Post
Started watching "The Bear" on Hulu.
5 episodes down, my rating till now : 3/5

I guess I need to watch it in entirety and then rate it again in a few days, possibly with revised rating.

Update on this now that we finished watching it. The rating, it's still 3/5. May be. The finale was definitely good.

Not impatiently looking forward to next season like some others (Severance on Apple TV for example) and even if it's gets canceled I won't feel bad. The show won so many awards but may be it's not for me.
Old 4th March 2024, 08:06   #5344
Distinguished - BHPian

Sunflower - Season 2 (Hindi)

The TV / Streaming shows thread (no spoilers please)-screenshot-20240304-8.06.108239am.png

Ever since watched the season 1 last year, I have been waiting for the next instalment of this quirky murder mystery.

Season 2 picks up from where the previous season had ended. Although this was good, it somehow felt something was missing. Some of them were over acting and few situations/instances were being repeated. Sunil was as always pretty good but other than that it was just average.

Rating - 3/5 (Zee5). Recommended if you have watched Season 1, else skip it.
Old 4th March 2024, 10:23   #5345
Senior - BHPian

The Silent Service - Amazon Prime

It is an Alt History, Political Thriller series focussed on US - Japan relationship especially in terms of Nuclear Disarmament and the politics behind the security treaty. While it is supposed to be alt history, but in the current context, you actually feel, the scenarios depicted could definitely happen.

I'm even more amazed to learn that the series is adapted from a Manga which originally came out in the 90s and sold 25 million copies!

Our graphical novels/ comics were focussed on Chacha Chaudhry and Sabu in the 90s and currently focussed on Chotta Bheem!
Spoiler Alert - https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Silent_Service

Rating - 4/5, IMDB - 7.7
MileCruncher is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th March 2024, 22:09   #5346
BHPian

SHŌGUN: LIMITED SERIES

The TV / Streaming shows thread (no spoilers please)-sh333gun_2024_poster.jpg

Platform: Disney Hotstar
Genre: Drama, War

Just stumbled upon "Shogun," an engaging new take on James Clavell's 1975 bestseller, and wow, does it set the bar high!

It's got all the makings of a classic. Two episodes in, this is what the show does well:
  • The acting is stellar. With a cast that fits their roles, every scene is charged with emotion and depth.
  • The writing is excellent – the dialogues, the script, it's all meticulously crafted with no room for complacency.
  • The visuals are a feast for the eyes. From the breathtaking CGI to the set designs, it's clear no expense was spared in bringing this world to life.
  • Attention to detail is really good. The costumes, the language, and even the historically accurate (and funny!) hairstyles all add layers of authenticity.
  • The politico-religious intrigue is perfect, keeping drama enthusiasts on the edge of their couch.
  • And Hiroyuki Sanada as the lead? Brilliant.
It's only the first 2 episodes, but I'm waiting for the next one. For anyone who loves getting lost in a richly woven period narrative, "Shogun" is a must-watch.

A heads-up, though – a good chunk of the show is in Japanese, meaning subtitles are a must. It requires your 100% attention. My advice is to save it for a night when you can really dive in, maybe a relaxed Friday night or Saturday, so you can fully appreciate the showmanship without worrying about waking up early the following day.

Rating: 10/10

Last edited by Zigor : 4th March 2024 at 22:20. Reason: Rating
Zigor is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 5th March 2024, 11:47   #5347
BHPian

The Indrani Mukerjea Story: Buried Truth on Netflix.

This case truly exploded when it shot into the limelight back in 2015. I remember how the media went into an overdrive and "breaking news" was dished out, a dime a dozen! My uncle, who at the time used to reside in the same lane as Marlow House (the Mukerjea residence in Worli, Mumbai) had a front-row seat to the madness that ensued.

Even after such hoopla, the reality is that the case is still winding it's way through the lower courts. The prosecution hasn't been able to provide any concrete evidence and hence, all accused are today out on bail.

The circumstantial evidence is however heavily stacked against Indrani and the rest of the accused; though that is of negligible value in legal context.

The limited series (4 episodes) does a decent job of piecing together a timeline of this case and introducing the viewers to the horrendously dysfunctional characters; virtually all of them seem like nutcases to be honest. All characters driving their own agenda throughout their lives, all the while with a semblance of sophistication and presence in high-society circles. It would be foolish to think that this series would provide any surprises than what is already available in public domain.

P.s. Indrani does seems creepy every time she appears on screen though.

Rating: 3.5/5
IamNikhil is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th March 2024, 12:48   #5348
Senior - BHPian

Maamla legal Hai.

Rarely these days Netflix brings such gems. Stellar star cast, made by tvf team who are known for creating good ones. 8 breezy episodes with a good dose of some dark humor as well. Ending was done in a way this can be taken as a limited series or get renewed for another season. I hope it's renewed. We need such gems.

There are abuses when you least expect it so watch with care.
harry10 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th March 2024, 21:49   #5349
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zigor View Post

Attachment 2579706

It's got all the makings of a classic. Two episodes in, this is what the show does well:
  • The visuals are a feast for the eyes. From the breathtaking CGI to the set designs, it's clear no expense was spared in bringing this world to life.
  • Attention to detail is really good. The costumes, the language, and even the historically accurate (and funny!) hairstyles all add layers of authenticity.
It's only the first 2 episodes, but I'm waiting for the next one. For anyone who loves getting lost in a richly woven period narrative, "Shogun" is a must-watch.

A heads-up, though – a good chunk of the show is in Japanese, meaning subtitles are a must. It requires your 100% attention. My advice is to save it for a night when you can really dive in, maybe a relaxed Friday night or Saturday, so you can fully appreciate the showmanship without worrying about waking up early the following day.

Rating: 10/10
3 episodes down, 5/5 or 10/10 for me too!

Really intriguing show and agree with the detailing done on every aspect. It feels authentic, not fake at all. If you are someone who enjoys details this show is a must. Even the title credit CGI is incredible.

P.S. It's on Hulu/FX too.

Last edited by amol4184 : 5th March 2024 at 21:50.
amol4184 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2024, 12:24   #5350
Senior - BHPian

Obliterated - 4/5

A special ops team high on drugs & alcohol have a job to secure a nuclear weapon. Raunchy, silly, action packed, very entertaining. Will remind of the movie Hangover. And lots of nudity too.

RM Motorsports is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th March 2024, 13:07   #5351
Senior - BHPian

Poachers on Amazon Prime

Heard a lot of good things about this series, so gave it a go. Its a good watch and things are kept pretty realistic. All actors have done a decent job. Except for a few over the top scenes which added no value(like delhi mob scene), rest of the series was pretty tight.

Some good CGI has been used, but even without them the effect would have been the same. Not sure if they were even required.

Rating: 3.5/5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
Break Point - Zee5
Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
The Silent Service - Amazon Prime
Thanks for the recommendations. Added to the watch-list
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zigor View Post

Attachment 2579706

Platform: Disney Hotstar
Genre: Drama, War
Am waiting for all the episodes getting aired, will binge-watch

Last edited by SoumenD : 6th March 2024 at 13:08.
SoumenD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2024, 14:25   #5352
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amol4184 View Post
3 episodes down, 5/5 or 10/10 for me too!

Really intriguing show and agree with the detailing done on every aspect. It feels authentic, not fake at all. If you are someone who enjoys details this show is a must. Even the title credit CGI is incredible.

P.S. It's on Hulu/FX too.
Waiting for all episodes to air.
I like to binge watch as with the weekly episode deal I often lose interest or forget due to so many things to watch.

Furies

It's a timepass underworld themed show on Netflix. Started of strong but then got messy in the middle. End was alright with a potential for season 2.

Rating - 3/5
Old 6th March 2024, 23:19   #5353
Distinguished - BHPian

Poachers
OTT : Amazon Prime
4/5

Firstly, this probably is the first OTT series that has 4 languages spoken naturally through the series (Malayalam, Hindi, Bengali and English) which makes the watch more pleasurable.

The story starts off slow and I was almost giving it up on the first episode but, later it picks up and reaches its peak crescendo from Episode 5-8 and it was absolutely gripping.

I was thinking why so much hassle over poaching but, then realized that Elephant poaching is a staggering $23 Billion per year. Damn, I never imagined that a pound of Ivory is $3000 worth and one large male elephant can fetch 250 pounds of Ivory that is $750K. Woah !!!

Anyways coming back to acting, the lady forest officer (Nimisha) was the main protagonist and she nailed it with her acting-she was rebellious, emotional and equally passionate. Fabulous acting.

Dibyendu is always a pleasure to watch.

And, a big fan of Roshan Matthews as well and he did a great job.

A must watch if you care about animals and wild life conservation as this series gives a lot of information about how things happen in this wild world.
mobike008 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th March 2024, 23:22   #5354
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Waiting for all episodes to air.
I like to binge watch as with the weekly episode deal I often lose interest or forget due to so many things to watch.
I get you. Wish I had so much patience! I can do that if the series is average-ish (I am doing that for Halo on Paramount) but for Shogun I can't wait!
Old 8th March 2024, 12:42   #5355
BHPian

I had absolutely no idea that Grey's Anatomy still existed; until I saw this post pop-up on my Facebook feed today. I think my interest had waned, especially around Season 13 or so.
Attached Thumbnails
The TV / Streaming shows thread (no spoilers please)-screenshot-20240308-11.54.078239am.jpeg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks