Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th October 2023, 13:03   #5161
Team-BHP Support

Re: The TV / Streaming shows thread (no spoilers please)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Kaala Paani looks interesting.

Is it family friendly wrt nudity and profanity?
Absolutely. Nothing of that sort. No nudity or profanity.

Wrapped up last week and loved it. Just 7 episodes. The first episode is s-l-o-w but the rest are really good and gripping.
Gannu_1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th October 2023, 13:19   #5162
Team-BHP Support

Bosch Legacy Part 2 is out on Amazon Prime.

Have been a fan of Bosch series, so will watch it when I get some time.
Sheel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st October 2023, 16:00   #5163
Team-BHP Support

Trying to watch Season 7 of Billions and I must admit I am incredibly bored. This has been the same for the show even last season or earlier, just trying to watch and complete for closure.

There was some interest while Axe and Chuck were the main protagonists but with the advent of other powers and new characters, it just feels so over the top and just silly at times. Sigh.
benbsb29 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st October 2023, 16:22   #5164
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post

Wrapped up last week and loved it. Just 7 episodes. The first episode is s-l-o-w but the rest are really good and gripping.
Couldn't believe that the creative team behind most of TVF shows are behind this as well (Sameer Saxena, Biswapati Sarkar et al.)
Old 31st October 2023, 21:13   #5165
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Trying to watch Season 7 of Billions and I must admit I am incredibly bored. This has been the same for the show even last season or earlier, just trying to watch and complete for closure.

It was so boring that I forgot to watch the later episodes after September. I watched over the weekend, was pretty boring but one watched to see what happened at the end
ajmat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st November 2023, 05:59   #5166
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
It was so boring that I forgot to watch the later episodes after September. I watched over the weekend, was pretty boring but one watched to see what happened at the end
We held off watching Season 7 till all the episodes were in, as it was released over 2 batches. As you said, watching it only to complete the series.
Old 1st November 2023, 06:41   #5167
Senior - BHPian

I paused watching Billions after the 3rd episode this season. The writing was lazy IMO, the character development was dulling out, the storyline was stagnated - they didn't seem to be leaving clues that we could connect later on, the whole thing was getting slow and boring. I finished the other episodes yesterday and skipped many sections without losing track of what's going on. Even the season finale was just layers upon layers of "recollections" to simply stitch an ending. Overall (2/5) for this last season. I surely won't be watching it if they have another season.

Spent time watching The Capture instead.
3.5/5 It's good they've not overdone the state propaganda aspect & just kept it simple.

Watched Kaala Paani too. Seemed like a budget cast, but overall I'd give it a 3.5/5 for all the things that they DID get right as a basic watch. They could've shortened it to 5 episodes instead of 7, but overall a very good effort.

Last edited by GrammarNazi : 1st November 2023 at 06:51.
Old 1st November 2023, 14:12   #5168
BHPian

Watched The Sandbaggers (1978-1980)

10/10

Another gem of a 3 season British series from the past. Immaculate to say the least.

Makes more sense to somebody used to some of the jargons used in it either through professional knowledge or reading this genre of books/text.

The later episodes of the last season not so well done, owing to the fact that the original writer had had a fatal accident and they were done in a rush by a group of other writers. The last season ends rather haphazardly.

Definitely in the league of Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy of the same era. Although quite, quite different.
Fuldagap is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st November 2023, 14:30   #5169
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Bosch Legacy Part 2 is out on Amazon Prime.

Have been a fan of Bosch series, so will watch it when I get some time.
One of my favorite tv character. Legacy 1 was good so I am expecting an equally good season here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Kaala Paani looks interesting.

Is it family friendly wrt nudity and profanity?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post

Good to know.
As my kid is in the room at night we prefer not to watch stuff with any nudity or profanity. Premise also looks promising.
Old 1st November 2023, 22:22   #5170
Distinguished - BHPian

Started " Bosch Legacy 2" and "Kala Paani" paralellly .

Both took off really well.

No need for any reviews to watch Bosch as I know for sure it will be another season etched in stone. Massive fan of this series. ( I regularly listen to it's soundtrack in the car....and, I am thinking of getting some t-shirts of my favorite series like Bosch, Breaking Bad, Dexter and BCS....)

What surprised me was Kala Paani. Initially, I had switched it off after watching 10 mins as it looked to be a bore fest.

Please don't make the same mistake. Stick around.

I resumed again and completed 1.5 episodes and was blown away with this series. It's gripping, engaging and looks like there is a treat for rest of 5.5 episodes that is remaining.

I casually glanced at the IMDB reviews and people are raving about it and saying this is the best content that India ever made from an acting, direction and cinematography perspective.
mobike008 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st November 2023, 23:37   #5171
Distinguished - BHPian

Duranga 2 - 3.5/5

A lot of the mystery of this thriller was revealed and had kept me hooked till the end. Season 2 was slower and had a weaker storyline. But the acting was as good as earlier (except for those bits by the villain). Sub-plots were a drag but I saw it for the closure. Episodes are short and easy to watch.

Available on Zee5

PS: Season 1 would be a 4/5 for me

Kaala Pani was equally slow for me. A lot of these series can be movies or just mini series instead of dragging it for full 8 episodes.

Last edited by ashis89 : 1st November 2023 at 23:39.
ashis89 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2023, 13:29   #5172
BHPian

Started watching "All the Light We Cannot See" on Netlix.

It is a limited series and has just 4 episodes. It has kept me wanting to watch more after completing the 1st episode. There is lots of violence and some profanity too.
ex-innova-guy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2023, 17:38   #5173
BHPian

All the Light We Cannot See- 9/10

Update: Finished watching the series. They could have made it into a movie but all the episodes leave you at the bay. It is very interesting to watch and I certainly loved it. Would not recommend to watch with children due to the violence in it but other then that good to go!
ex-innova-guy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th November 2023, 11:54   #5174
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Guys, Scam 2003's second round of episodes has been released . Must watch for those who loved the initial episodes (I did) on the Telgi stamp paper scam.
GTO is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th November 2023, 12:30   #5175
Team-BHP Support

Takeshi's Castle on Amazon Prime.

Honestly, they shouldn't have bothered. Nothing wrong with the show itself, it's a fun watch (on mute), but for those of us who grew up with the original Hindi dub, nobody's going to match JJ and his 'raapchik replays'.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks