Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st February 2023, 13:15   #4801
Team-BHP Support

Re: The TV / Streaming shows thread (no spoilers please)

Quote:
Originally Posted by grshnehete View Post
By the way, has anyone watched the "Dexter:New Blood" which came in 2021?
After the disastrous season 8, I am not sure to go ahead and watch it without any favorable reviews.
I am a Dexter fan, and like everyone else was terribly disappointed by how the series ended in season 8.

However, New Blood made ammends and more.... It was a fantastic season and the ending was very satisfying. Watch it, you'll get closure too

Last edited by Eddy : 1st February 2023 at 13:17.
Eddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st February 2023, 16:21   #4802
BHPian

The prequel of Yellowstone. 1883 is now being aired on Prime. Watched 2 episodes, this looks very rustic compared to Yellowstone.
2500cc is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st February 2023, 18:01   #4803
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by grshnehete View Post
Lol, you are correct. The last season was a big let down. And the horrible season finale.

By the way, has anyone watched the "Dexter:New Blood" which came in 2021?
After the disastrous season 8, I am not sure to go ahead and watch it without any favorable reviews.
New blood was a good attempt but the ending absolutely screws it over. So many illogical and uncharacteristic scenes in final episode which makes zero sense. We thought Dexter original finale was a disaster but New blood is worse.
Old 6th February 2023, 10:18   #4804
Distinguished - BHPian

The Last of Us : 5 / 5

Zombie series aren't a new thing - heck, the topic has been chewed and reused in movies, TV series, games and whatnot over multiple decades. But here comes a compact series supported by some really good cast that attempts a completely different take at the cause of zombie outbreaks and yet sneaks in a wonderful emotional touch to the (alive) humans in the story. Without going all gory on the dead bodies aspects; which generally is the norm for such movies/series. Even after only 3 episodes, one feels quite content and satisfied with the short series.

And lastly Pedro Pascal is a brilliant brilliant genius of an actor. And one highly underrated. He's kind of the Irrfan Khan of Hollywood, if you get what I'm saying.

ninjatalli is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 7th February 2023, 17:11   #4805
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by appu.bhandari View Post
The Expanse Anyone?

The Space adventure series based on books by James S. A. Corey, an excellent drama with high production value & good acting by all the major characters.

To those who are looking for a decent space series, its a must watch.
I watched Expanse last year and can say loved it for its viewing experience. Any suggestion for similar ones?
Haldian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th February 2023, 23:39   #4806
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haldian View Post
I watched Expanse last year and can say loved it for its viewing experience. Any suggestion for similar ones?
I personally am fascinated by TV shows that deal with the expanded universe as there are endless possibilities out there.
Below are a few series that deal with life outside our galaxy:
  • Raised by Wolves(2020-2022)
  • Firefly(2002)
  • Lost in Space(2018-2021)
  • Star Trek: Strange New Worlds(2022)
  • Halo(2022)

Last edited by Ranabegins : 7th February 2023 at 23:48.
Ranabegins is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th February 2023, 23:44   #4807
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonSnow View Post
Fair warning, some scenes are disturbing. My wife stopped watching after the second episode as she found it too gross (she does have a phobia of fungi).
I have no issues with gore and blood but I literally have to take my eyes away from the screen when scenes with fungi faces come up. If there is something called fungi phobia then I think I also have one. Those scenes are gross. Just thinking about it makes my mind go "yuk".
Old 8th February 2023, 23:29   #4808
BHPian

Till this Sunday (5th Feb), there were no ads in Shark Tank India S2. But from Monday, it has started, if you skip forward then two ads are a must watch.
Old 11th February 2023, 16:30   #4809
Senior - BHPian

Clarkson's Farm: S2

Started watching this and it's been a joy. Can't wait to finish the season
deathwalkr is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 11th February 2023, 17:46   #4810
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2500cc View Post
The prequel of Yellowstone. 1883 is now being aired on Prime. Watched 2 episodes, this looks very rustic compared to Yellowstone.
Watched the first few episodes of 1883, this is more raw & rustic- as you indicate.
Hope it doesn't turn into another Yellowstone. I'd enjoyed the first few episodes of Yellowstone, but then it turned into a a kind of soap opera, set of course in an outstanding locale.

1883 has some outstanding quotes, almost philosophical.
Some that stuck to me were :
- when Dutton shoots a deer and makes his son Thank for giving its life to their sustenance
Quote:
When you kill a thing, it makes you a little less human, a little more animal. We only try to find a balance between them. That is all life is
- Elsa as she turns a cowgirl.
Quote:
To many, Freedom is an abstract thought that pertains to control. That is not freedom - that is independence, freedom is riding over wild land with no notion of any moment beyond the one you are in
Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwalkr View Post
Clarkson's Farm: S2
Started watching this and it's been a joy. Can't wait to finish the season
The guy is an extraordinary entertainer - finding something fun in the mundane, but to me Kaleb steals the show!
whitewing is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 12th February 2023, 00:08   #4811
BHPian

Watching Farzi on Prime
Rating 3.5/5
The cast is promising Shahid, KK, Vijay Sethupati
This is well directed series, though a bit stretched. Instead of usual super cop vs terrorists genre, plot is around counterfeits.
Pace is slow. Predictable. KK and Shahid are wasted. Amol Palekar does justice to his role.
Vijay Sethupathi impressed me in his role. Rashi Khanna has portrayed her character convincingly.
Appreciate no vulgar scenes or blood.
The ending however is not logical. Perhaps season 2 seeds are seen.
StepUP! is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th February 2023, 17:54   #4812
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranabegins View Post
I personally am fascinated by TV shows that deal with the expanded universe as there are endless possibilities out there.
Below are a few series that deal with life outside our galaxy:
  • Raised by Wolves(2020-2022)
  • Firefly(2002)
  • Lost in Space(2018-2021)
  • Star Trek: Strange New Worlds(2022)
  • Halo(2022)
You should watch Battlestar Galactica - an amazing concept, storyline, series and a great cast. The good thing is that the entire series is complete, so its perfect for binge watching!
contentedbloke is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th February 2023, 21:27   #4813
BHPian

Finished Kung Fu Panda : The Dragon Knight Season 1 & 2
Rating - 2/5

Pretty average. New characters introduced lack personality which Shifu or Furious Five had. Even the villains are forgettable.

Watch it only if you are a Kung Fu Panda fan, just like me
grshnehete is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2023, 00:16   #4814
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haldian View Post
I watched it completely and what an amazing show that even though didn't not have proper support from both the studios (sci fi ,then Amazon)at some point , carried the story to absolute glory all thanks to die hard fans and show runners who know what they're doing.

Apart from Nolan's work this is the only sci-fi show that is loaded to the brim with logic and aspects of space that we have not yet imagined. And with such a limited budget one could only wonder how much bigger and better it could have been if they had the big budgets of GOT and Disney's etc...
THE BEST SCIFI SHOW EVER.

Some similar sci-fi shows are Battle Star galactica, for all mankind, altered carbon, the 100
Etc. But nothing can come close to the story telling and character arc , Environment building of The Expanse.
DhinaStark94 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th February 2023, 00:23   #4815
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonSnow View Post
I never played the game but the series has been fantastic. The creator of the game and the creator of Chernobyl series came together to make this series and it shows.

Fair warning, some scenes are disturbing. My wife stopped watching after the second episode as she found it too gross (she does have a phobia of fungi).
Having watched The Walking dead universe i could watch everything while enjoying my dinner without even twitching an eye all thank to the training i had from TWD previously . And i just love the details they have given for this Fungi and how its been shown. Glad they didn't tone it down for the show. The way they unravel the aspects of the fungi bit by bit with each episode rather than dumping it all Resident evil style is what got me hooked to this world.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks