Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th July 2021, 01:26   #3871
BHPian

Re: The TV / Streaming shows thread (no spoilers please)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPS View Post
Watched Season 5 of 'Line of Duty' on Netflix. Show is still good as ever though earlier seasons were better I felt. Not sure when Season 6 releases on Netflix India.
Would recommend that you watch SHOOTER on Netflix. 3 seasons. Quite a slick show. Nothing extraordinary about the theme, but it's a taut screenplay.

Also, watch Designated Survivor if you haven't already.
Old 30th July 2021, 22:07   #3872
BHPian

Surprised to see no reviews yet for the Grand Tour Special - lochdown
As usual it's good to see the boys and their silly jokes. Felt like old top gear specials ! Watch out for 3 sexy American cars they bring in the middle of the show. Even though the boys have aged now, they still have the same passion for the cars as they did before in the Top Gear days
Loved it.
5/5
Akshay6988 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2021, 19:44   #3873
BHPian

I have started with Clarkson's Farm on Amazon Prime Video and so far enjoying it. It's nice to be part of a farming journey from an amateur point of view, and that too with Clarkson.
Hope I learn few things with this show.

Last edited by Sherlocked : 31st July 2021 at 20:13.
Old 31st July 2021, 19:58   #3874
Senior - BHPian

Any idea where one can watch the older top gear episodes which were hosted by the trio of Clarkson, May and Hammond? I searched for this but could not figure out.
Old 31st July 2021, 21:01   #3875
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post
Any idea where one can watch the older top gear episodes which were hosted by the trio of Clarkson, May and Hammond? I searched for this but could not figure out.
There's no "bay" of watching TG episodes.
When the pittance that is hosted on discovery is heavily trimmed. There's no news, no banter post reviews, which were an integral part of TG.
Old 31st July 2021, 23:16   #3876
BHPian

City of Dreams Season 2 has started streaming on Hotstar. Season 1 was a typical Indian political potboiler, let's see if the makers have managed to retain the magic in S2. The series has a good cast. Folks completed watching S1 today, will begin S2 with them tomorrow.
IamNikhil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2021, 14:11   #3877
BHPian

Has anyone watched Sharp Objects? It’s based off of a book written by the same person who wrote Gone Girl.

I’ve seen a few episodes and it’s been brilliant so far.
pandey.jai is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st August 2021, 14:22   #3878
Senior - BHPian

Typewriter (NF) 3.5/5

A good series probably which wasnt marketed well. I just got hold of it on a lazy Saturday with random surfing. An interesting plot with very good acting.
The character actors are well known and have done a good job at it again (Purab Kohli, Palomi Ghosh, Abhishek Banerjee, Jisshu Sengupta & Sameer Kocchar)

The plot is more or less predictable and slow screenplay. However, with just 5 episodes it is a good series to watch at a stretch.

Indian version of Haunting of the Hill House ;-)

Best part: They have concluded it in 5 episodes.

Last edited by VWAllstar : 1st August 2021 at 14:49.
Old 1st August 2021, 14:34   #3879
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akshay6988 View Post
Surprised to see no reviews yet for the Grand Tour Special - lochdown
The Grand Tour Lochdown.
As usual it's good to see the boys and their silly jokes. Felt like old top gear specials ! Watch out for 3 sexy American cars they bring in the middle of the show. Even though the boys have aged now, they still have the same passion for the cars as they did before in the Top Gear days
Loved it.
5/5
I got a bit bored halfway through and slept off between the Circuit until the caravan episode. After that it was barely watchable. It's okay if the story is broken up with some other topics in between like in the old format. Now, the format drones on a bit

Last edited by ajmat : 1st August 2021 at 14:35.
ajmat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2021, 16:56   #3880
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamNikhil View Post
City of Dreams Season 2 has started streaming on Hotstar. Season 1 was a typical Indian political potboiler, let's see if the makers have managed to retain the magic in S2. The series has a good cast. Folks completed watching S1 today, will begin S2 with them tomorrow.
How is the S1? I have watched the 1st episode & felt it is decent. Just wanted a review whether it’s worth the further watch. I guess there are 10 episodes in total.
ashvek3141 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2021, 18:19   #3881
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post
At the time of torrents, I used to download entire seasons from various torrent sites. At a time I had about all the seasons with me. Let me try to find out on my old hard drive if I can find them, would be glad to get them on a flash drive and send to a fellow BHP-ian.
Old 2nd August 2021, 18:42   #3882
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashvek3141 View Post
How is the S1? I have watched the 1st episode & felt it is decent. Just wanted a review whether it’s worth the further watch. I guess there are 10 episodes in total.
S1 (City of Dreams) is quite good. The cast pulls it off. Nothing extraordinary, but good performances and a decent political thriller.
IamNikhil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2021, 18:48   #3883
BHPian

The Grand Tour : Lochdown Episode : on Amazon Prime

I can say this is a good 'save' for The Grand Tour when compared to earlier episode. For the most part the mojo is back - typical 3 different impractical cars, pulling pranks etc.

My personal recommendation:
Avoid/Watchable/Watch
somspaple is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2021, 22:20   #3884
Distinguished - BHPian

See [Apple TV] - Rating - 3.75/5
In a world filled with people without sight, a few with sight are born. Its a science fiction series set in a dystopian future where the world is ruled by men without sight. A few kids and one man with sight are considered to be heritics and are hunted.

Good acting, screenplay and some amazing cinematograhy in the first season helps build out the charecters and their world. Season 1 has a game of thrones meets Lost kind of vibe, which I definetly liked. I personally enjoy Sci-Fi Fantasy as a genre and this was right up my alley. Do note that you might have to ignore logic/rationale in certain scenes and assume that over the last 600 years, human sense of hearing, smell & touch have evolved drastically.

Would rate this a must watch if you like game of thrones, Lost.

procrj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th August 2021, 23:47   #3885
Distinguished - BHPian

Legends of tomorrow
Any fans here?
Man, it's just such a mindless, eccentric and trippy show! I watched the first couple of episodes a few years back, and just put it on again 2 weeks back. I've been bingeing ever since and am now on season 4. It's absolutely inane, with the barest thread of a story in every season, but so so fun.
Don't expect great effects, amazing actors, or anything. But there's a chacha Choudhary charm to it.
If you still don't like after the first 5 or 6 episodes, then it's best to drop it. It will not get any better, but if you do, it's extremely funny in parts, and you do find yourself rooting for these off track heroes.
I'm going rate it 5 star, personally.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks