Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th June 2021, 19:06   #3766
Senior - BHPian

Re: The TV / Streaming shows thread (no spoilers please)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
FamilyMan2 3.5/5
I binge watched all the episodes on 3rd June (Was expecting it on 4th June). Good performances throughout, and a tight script kept me riveted. But, it lacks the wry humour which i enjoyed so much in Series 1. Stylishly shot in genuine locales, FamilyMan2 sustains the momentum till the end. The character of Raji (Samantha) holds her own against Shrikanth (Bajpai). Catch it, but without carrying high expectations generated by Season1
Is Season 2 the end of the series, or does it again have an open ending - leading to Season 3?
I hate waiting for the next season until we forget the sequence of events in the previous series, so I have to revisit them again
Old 4th June 2021, 19:12   #3767
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
I didn't know David E. Kelley was still writing!
I've been a big fan of this guy right since Boston Legal (good lord, Denny Crane and Alan Shore!). Also check out Goliath (Billy Bob Thornton is brilliant - as he is in Fargo). The Undoing is really good as well - Hugh Grant, Nicole Kidman and Donald Sutherland being terrific as they generally are.
libranof1987 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th June 2021, 19:14   #3768
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind.anand View Post
Is Season 2 the end of the series, or does it again have an open ending - leading to Season 3?
I hate waiting for the next season until we forget the sequence of events in the previous series, so I have to revisit them again
Season 2 storyline concludes properly unlike season 1 where they leave it to the viewers to guess how it would have wrapped up. No cliffhangers here but a short sequence at the end of the finale sets the storyline for season 3.

I loved this season just like season 1. I’ll rate it a 4/5. Great acting by everyone (Samantha pales when I compare her to Nandita Das in Kannathil Muthamittal) and plot doesn’t seem dragged.
Gannu_1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th June 2021, 20:20   #3769
AZT
BHPian

Started watching Person of Interest again after 5 years. I had the last season left to see so thought I'd see the whole thing again.

Brilliant show and would 5/5 recommend to everyone. It's on Prime video.

IMDB rating 8.4 - https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1839578/
AZT is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th June 2021, 20:46   #3770
Senior - BHPian

As Season 2 ends they show a sneak peak of Season 3, which is going to be entirely different (on covid outbreak/plot)
Quote:
Is Season 2 the end of the series, or does it again have an open ending - leading to Season 3? I hate waiting for the next season until we forget the sequence of events in the previous series, so I have to revisit them again
Sebring is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th June 2021, 20:52   #3771
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I watch so many tv series that it's tough to remember what happened in previous season. So, I always see the recap of previous season on You tube first before starting new season.

Started Family man season 2. Won't be able to binge it as wife will also watch it. First episode was good.

On a side note I recently started streaming Apple TV plus content. Now the 4k, HDR on Apple TV plus is absolutely brilliant. And I am quite sure it's better than Netflix, Prime and Disney 4k. Is it only me or anyone else has noticed it too?
harry10 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th June 2021, 23:03   #3772
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZT View Post
Started watching Person of Interest again after 5 years. I had the last season left to see so thought I'd see the whole thing again.

Brilliant show and would 5/5 recommend to everyone. It's on Prime video.

IMDB rating 8.4 - https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1839578/
Currently watching S1E15. Going to take a long time for me to finish all the seasons as I do not watch even one episode in one go. Liked the concept of surveillance and AI to predict incidents. Looks like futuristic technology but certainly not impossible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
I watch so many tv series that it's tough to remember what happened in previous season. So, I always see the recap of previous season on You tube first before starting new season.

Started Family man season 2. Won't be able to binge it as wife will also watch it. First episode was good.
Ditto here. Almost forgot what happened in Season 1. Just watched episode 1.

Last edited by AltoLXI : 4th June 2021 at 23:06.
Old 5th June 2021, 09:39   #3773
BHPian

Binge watched Family Man 2 yesterday. Would rate it around 3.5-4/5. They did a fantastic job in carrying the hype the first series did. Just like the first they have left the series open ended. This time it’s the relation between Manoj and Priyamani. The Third one seems to be coming taking the COVID 19 lockdown situation.

Watch out for a Bengali Prime Minister
saisree is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th June 2021, 10:11   #3774
BHPian

Recommending a couple of series which you could breeze through over the weekend.

Apharan - Can be surely categorized as a hidden gem (though strictly 18+ as you can figure out from the trailer itself). A gripping story line with right amount of humor (albeit sometimes dark) and a good star cast make it a perfect candidate for a binge watch! Would rate it at 4.5/5, rated 8.3 on Imdb.

The Mandalorian - Scifi, an extension of the Star Wars universe though you don't need any prior context and can enjoy this even if you haven't watched the Star Wars series. You can watch this just for the cutest character ever, Baby Yoda! Again a 4.5/5 for me and rated 8.5 on Imdb.

animeshc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th June 2021, 12:25   #3775
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by animeshc View Post
The Mandalorian - Scifi, an extension of the Star Wars universe
I had watched Mandalorian with my son and he really did enjoy the series, which got us both interested in the Star Wars universe. Stumbled across a couple of animated series which I would recommend if you like SciFi.

Star Wars - Rebels - Post clone wars time period where a set of rebels start to defy the empire. 4 seasons that sets a decent pace and does a good job of introducing various charecters. Dave Filoni, who was also involved in Mandalorian, is the executive producer and overall I would rate this series a 3.75/5

The Bad Batch - Starts at the end of clone wars with the clones hunting Jedis. This is just the first season and it follows a weekly episode release pattern. I have watched the first 3 episdoes and the story is just picking up, hence not sharing a rating.

On the whole, I am happy that the Star Wars universe is slowly being resurected from the ashes of its not so great movies. Hope for more good content from lucasfilms over the next decade
procrj is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th June 2021, 00:13   #3776
Team-BHP Support

Family Man - Season 2: Amazon Prime (India)

Rating: 4 / 5

Binge watched Family Man S2 on Friday / Saturday. Fabulous show and I daresay S2 was perhaps even a touch better than S1. Sequels can often disappoint but this one truly keeps up to the S1 quality.

Manoj Bajpai is incredible in the reprisal as is all of the supporting cast. Special shout out to Samantha (as Raji). She was incredibly good and I thought really held her own throughout the show.
Axe77 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th June 2021, 15:26   #3777
BHPian

Blackspace - I went into this Israeli show expecting story revolving around the usual Arab-Israel conflict. Seems like makers of the show were also quite aware of this expectation, and they put it down quite deftly in the first episode itself.
The story revolves around a shootout in a high school and the following investigation. They kept it quite engaging and intense till the climax which was a bit let down in my opinion. But still definitely worth a watch.
Streaming on Netflix

Rating - 3.5-3.75/5 (taking 0.5 off for the climax)
Old 6th June 2021, 20:39   #3778
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
Family Man - Season 2: Amazon Prime (India)

Rating: 4 / 5

Binge watched Family Man S2 on Friday / Saturday. Fabulous show and I daresay S2 was perhaps even a touch better than S1.
I am on episode 6 and I hate to say but direction has been really poor this episode. The massive shoot out scene was a joke and extremely poorly directed. Trained officials behaving like stupid amateurs. So many loopholes I can't even say without spoilers. Such a good show spoiled by idiotic screenplay.
harry10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th June 2021, 20:43   #3779
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
I am on episode 6 and I hate to say but direction has been really poor this episode. The massive shoot out scene was a joke and extremely poorly directed. Trained officials behaving like stupid amateurs. So many loopholes I can't even say without spoilers. Such a good show spoiled by idiotic screenplay.
Oh yes - I know what you mean. That way the screenplay is pretty ordinary at times in many places. Even their whole start up environment, dialogues, investor pitch or internal team meetings etc where the wife works are totally cliched and not really slick. The show overall is still plenty entertaining notwithstanding these rough edges.

Last edited by Axe77 : 6th June 2021 at 20:57.
Axe77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2021, 20:51   #3780
BHPian

Family Man 2 - 4/5 Found it to be even better than the first instalment and storyline flows smoother.
Manoj Bajpai gives a fantastic portrayal and dialogue delivery is spot on. Raji is the surprise of the series and the actress has done a phenomenal job too. Hope she comes back in some form in the third series. The family angle could have been edited and some scenes could have been edited too.

The only improvement they can make is in the Screenplay and Cinematography. It’s improved but camera movements gets jerky in some scenes. They can easily spin another 3rd series based around the Covid -19 scenario !

Last edited by nirmaljusdoit : 6th June 2021 at 20:54.
nirmaljusdoit is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks