Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th July 2020, 08:07   #3106
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The TV / Streaming shows thread (no spoilers please)

Any legal way to see 'A Suitable Boy' premiering on BBC One on 26 July?
Old 16th July 2020, 12:01   #3107
BHPian

Salisbury Poisonings - Netflix (India)

4 Episodes of 45 minute each.

Mini Series (No season)

Based on real life story of poisoning of 2 ex undercover agents in UK. Very very tightly scripted with images and videos of real life recordings which keep you invested. One of the very few series in recent times wherein i did not forward a single scene.
roamer012 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th July 2020, 13:47   #3108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Any legal way to see 'A Suitable Boy' premiering on BBC One on 26 July?
Netflix announced today that it will be releasing 17 movies in the coming months. If I remember correctly, 'A Suitable Boy' is included in that list. Just check out Netflix India's youtube page and you will find that video.
Old 16th July 2020, 15:20   #3109
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roamer012 View Post
Salisbury Poisonings - Netflix (India)

One of the very few series in recent times wherein i did not forward a single scene.
Thanks, will watch.

Just finished Stateless, an Australian mini-series (6 episodes) based on a true story. Pretty good, though not outstanding.

City of Dreams on Hotstar Specials is worth a watch. Nagesh Kukoonoor's maiden TV effort, it is tautly directed with an excellent cast. Ejaz Khan as the jaded cop is a revelation. The series has been on Hotstar for more than a year but I just saw it being promoted recently and gave it a dekko.
Old 17th July 2020, 09:50   #3110
BHPian

Seal Team is a great action series worth watching. 4/5. It stars David Boreanaz, the hero of Bones series. Here is a sort of a trailer :

Grimm is another police procedural + Fantasy in Hotstar. A bit slow perhaps with lot of French/German conversation with out any subtitles, but still worth it because of the medieval fantasy part.
Prowler is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2020, 13:29   #3111
BHPian

Hi people. I have a question. I have Amazon Fire tv which i got from US. Now there are few Indian apps, infact most work on fire tv but I am unable to download discovery plus app, it shows app is unavailable. Two, the content that I see on Sony liv app on phone is not there on the app on fire tv. I have changed country settings and everything but no solution. Any help?
Old 18th July 2020, 15:13   #3112
BHPian

Has anyone watched Al Hayba ?. It's a nice story, brilliant acting and portrays Lebanese/Syrian socio economic situation.

Unfortunately, second season is not available on the Netflix. Managed to watch season one and I just loved it. I would say 4.5/5.

Someone, in this thread mentioned La Mante. It's brilliant too. Frozen dead is also nice ( For the fans of La Mante ).
Old 18th July 2020, 16:09   #3113
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post
I LOVE dark! Started watching S3 and man, you need a map to decipher every scene. The wife and I sit with the wiki to at least look at the character names - it really throws you off so much.
Very true, infact i ended up making a family tree of my own to refer to instead of hunting the wiki. Later on found out the official website which is very intereactive and makes understanding the timelines and families and characters a child's play. Dark Cheat Code
roamer012 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th July 2020, 19:19   #3114
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Guys, thanks a ton for the recommendation. Already wrapped up a season of "Billions" and am now officially addicted to it. Love Bobby Axe, the business, legal wrangling, all those strategic discussions - just brilliant!

Please do share any good business / strategy shows here. I've lined up "Succession" next.

If you have not seen it yet, you might like Suits. Its main character Harvey Specter is almost like Bobby Axe when it comes to business. The series has fast pace, humour, team work etc. If you search and see couple of Harvey specter quotes , it might give you some idea on what to expect from Suits.
hondafanboy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2020, 00:27   #3115
BHPian

Wraped up Breathe : Intro the Shadows recently. Its pretty good as a suspense thriller show. Would rate it a solid 4/5.

Good pace overall with decent acting by both Abhishek and Amit. I am loving this new era of Indian web series on OTT platforms !!
nitinkbhaskar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2020, 12:43   #3116
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Watched 'Designated Survivor' (Season 1 & 2) on Netflix. To its credit, the show is fast paced but not as gripping! Story revolves around the White House. Have no interest to complete season 3. Overall, its an above average timepass watch.
Old 20th July 2020, 13:15   #3117
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPS View Post
Watched 'Designated Survivor' (Season 1 & 2) on Netflix. To its credit, the show is fast paced but not as gripping! Story revolves around the White House. Have no interest to complete season 3. Overall, its an above average timepass watch.
Actually, Season 3 is more deep than the earlier two.
Old 20th July 2020, 19:18   #3118
Distinguished - BHPian

Saw Its Always Sunny in Philadelphia season 14, funny and highly entertaining as usual, top 3 shows in my book. Best comedy for these times.

Started re-watching ER, used to see them in Zee Cafe back then in my early teens, and now I'm living those times again, fantastic show and the one that started the popularity of medical dramas, although shows like Greys Anatomy and Scrubs are horrible in terms of storyline or showing the story from the patient's angle. Its a highly depressing show but, it shows the hard realities of hospital life, and in terms of storytelling, set, cast, dialogues and pace, it beats just about any show today, ER is what made George Clooney who he is today, although I like the female cast far better.

I'm gonna get into a new show called The Mick next, its a comedy albeit a fairly recent one.

God bless America, the nation of entertainment. I grew up on their shows so much my blood bleeds red white and blue, anyone remember Caroline in the City, Will & Grace, Newsradio, Just Shoot Me etc etc? What the hell happened to Zee Cafe and Star World these days?
dark.knight is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2020, 18:18   #3119
BHPian

Just finished watching all 5 seasons of "Person of Interest" on Amazon Prime. Rate it 5/5. The first season is a slow-burner, but I urge you to see it through. It is important in that it builds the premise for the latter seasons. Seasons two to five are unalloyed gold.
catchjyoti is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2020, 20:13   #3120
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Watched 'The Fall' on Netflix. Its an Irish Psychological Thriller wherein a female detective from London has been hired to nab a serial killer. A very good & interesting series. Some top notch acting by the cast. If its a fast paced series that you desire, then this isn't the one for you! Btw, Season 3 is not on Netflix India.

Last edited by PPS : 21st July 2020 at 20:42. Reason: last sentence

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks