Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post
Any South Park fans here?

Here here! Please gimme all three.
Old 27th August 2007, 19:15   #302
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post

By the way, I also saw a few episodes from season 2 of South Park. Any South Park fans here?
I am currently downloading season 3.
Hardcore fan! Got all the seasons 1 to 11....Love them!
Old 27th August 2007, 19:24   #303
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by furioussphinx View Post
Hardcore fan! Got all the seasons 1 to 11....Love them!
i have such a long way to go still...
i wish i had true broadband internet connection...
sigh.
Old 31st August 2007, 13:05   #304
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble View Post
Didn't Shahrukh's girlies win the penalty shoot out 5 goals to 4? Wasnt that the score even after they missed a few shots? Doesn't that itself imply that they took more than 5 shots at the goal?
When I said this, someone was supposed to tell me that the end score of 5-4 included the 2 goals from each side that they scored during regular time and extended play or whatever.

It would have saved me the trouble of getting a dvd and watching the end again, and finding out that I am indeed wrong. Sorry N_C, I WAS confused but yeah, the movie sucks.
Old 31st August 2007, 21:21   #305
Senior - BHPian

Ram Gopal Varma ki Aag - Just back watching this take by RGV on Sholay.
All I can say is - the movie feels stuck between Ramgadh and the people in it who are the Levis generation. There is no effort to shoot at proper locations. The story is twisted a bit but remains faithful to the original.

The actors - Mohanlal plays Sanjeev Kumar's role and is ok. Ajay Devgan can't carry of Dharam paaji's role, both the heroines are perfect examples of mis casting and Rajpal Yadav who reprises Jagdeep's role SUCKS. The actor, Prashant Raj, who plays Amitabh's role does quite well for his debut movie. And finally Amitabh who plays Babban, simply ROCKS the movie. His is the only well sketched character and AB goes at it with relish. This man @ 65 years of age is MIND BOGGLING. The only note-worthy performance in the movie.

The music sucks and the Mehbooba number is the pits. Urmila looks sexy, thats about it.

I say - Avoid if you can but if you want to watch a power packed performance from AB -do not miss it.
Old 2nd September 2007, 02:12   #306
BHPian

any david fincher fans out here.Here are some of his nice movies
Se7en - Great movie brilliant ending
Fight Club - Another nice movie
Zodiac - Brilliant movie about a serial killer who terrorizes San Fransisco
Apart from that these are the movies that i liked
The Departed
Boiler Room
Taxi Driver
Hot Fuzz
L.A Confidential
Old 2nd September 2007, 04:36   #307
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Into the Blue - A must watch for all Jessica Alba fans. Story of Jessica Alba and Paul Walker who live in the Bahamas. They are basically divers, so she is in swimsuits the whole movie searching for some hidden treasure.

Just Friends - Story of two college friends. The guy is extremely chubby and fat and falls in love with his best friend who always considered him to be like a brother. He leaves town and they meet 10 yrs later. The guy is now handsome and thin. And the movie shows how they get together. Definitely a fun movie to watch.

The Last Kiss - Story of how a husband gets into a affair with a college going kid while his wife is pregnant. And what life has in store for him thereafter.
Old 3rd September 2007, 11:01   #308
Team-BHP Support

I watched 'The Holiday' over the weekend.
Quite liked the movie, with its slow pace, and the way the story unfolds, although predictable at times.

However, there was some problem with the CD i was watching, and so missed the ending few minutes. Could someone plz PM me with what happened? Rahul, listening?
Old 5th September 2007, 03:04   #309
Senior - BHPian

Just saw Elephant (yup its a movie) and it left me disturbed.
its based on the columbine high school massacre and gives an amazing account of what happened that day...Shocking.
Old 5th September 2007, 05:30   #310
BANNED

Lock, Stock & Two Smoking Barrels - A movie Sameerji said is a must watch. Watch I did. Found it very funny with all the killing et all. Best part was the ending of the movie. Can't seem to remember but another movie (hindi/english) has exactly the same ending as well. Definitely a must watch.

I Could Never Be Your Women - The story of how a lady in her 40's falls in love with a guy who is 29. Nice movie, specially if you are watching with your better half. Michelle Pfeiffer looks stunningly gorgeous in spite of being 49. I loved the movie and more so watching her.

28 Weeks Later - There is an epidemic in mainland Britain. A virus that turns people into monsters making them kill each other. Pretty soon the whole country is deprived of human life. Then the US steps in to re-consolidate life in Britain only to find out that the virus has not been completely eradicated. It is scary at times, unwatchable murder scenes. Take it to be a horror movie and pretty good at that. Not for the faint hearted. But surely a must watch.

Reign Over Me - Weird movie. About this guy who goes into depression after loosing his wife and 3 kids in the 9/11 crash. Its tough explaining the story of the movie. Its just slow, nagging but yet it makes you feel you want to watch it and not discard it. In the end I loved the movie. Quite like The Holiday.

Benny, will PM you what happens. Let me know till where you watched.
Old 5th September 2007, 06:53   #311
BHPian

i now pronounce you chuck and larry:-
two friends who pretend they are gay and get some rights done but dont know that the government sends some guys to check if they are gay a really funny movie.a must watch.
Old 5th September 2007, 10:23   #312
Senior - BHPian

88 minutes - A thriller with Al Pacino in the lead. Al plays a shrink working with the FBI - who gets a call that he has 88 minutes to live. Nice.

Chaos - Jason Statham and Wesley Snipes - in a movie about cops and robbers and everything else. Entertaining. Keeps you engrossed. Light and fun watching.
Old 5th September 2007, 11:06   #313
Senior - BHPian

Hot Fuzz - A hilariously funny take on cops in a small English town from the same team that made "Shaun of the Dead". A must watch!
Old 5th September 2007, 12:48   #314
BANNED

I liked 88 minutes. Nice movie. Will download chaos now. And I pronounce.....

Guys, kindly keep updating this thread with all the good movies you have watched over the last decade.
Old 5th September 2007, 12:59   #315
Senior - BHPian

Watched ' 28 weeks later ' - Strange Zombie kind of a movie. Was OK OK.

Also watched Legally Blonde 1 & 2 - although old movies but neverthe less very very good. Those who have not watched it, go ahead and buy a DVD.

Watched Chaos -Its good. Watched Next ( nicholas cage ) - great movie !! Luved it !!

yet to watch Rush Hour 3 / Oceans 13 - heard its quite nice.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed