Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 24th August 2007, 09:50   #286
Team-BHP Support

I agree with Moralfibre. I also watched the movie, liked it too.
Since i had read about what B&T had said earlier, i counted the number of penalty strokes, just to be sure. It was only 5 per team.
Old 24th August 2007, 09:53   #287
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Rush Hour 3 - As usual, Chris Tucker at his best. Playing silly. Watchable once.

Simpson's - Even Rajnikanth will be proud of Homer's stunts. Seriously.
Old 24th August 2007, 16:52   #288
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidurm View Post
Bourne Supremacy. Brilliant Movie. One of the best action movies I have seen. It keeps you engrossed. It makes you feel like a part of the movie. It is a must see for everyone who wants to have a ball of 2 hours. And the best part, the production house print is out on torrents. Run!

Also saw Sicko by Michael Moore recently. If even half of it is true, I am changing my plans of further education in the US.
oh! Sorry! I mean Bourne Ultimatum!
@mayavi: thanks for pointing out.

Old 24th August 2007, 19:01   #289
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
Rush Hour 3 - As usual, Chris Tucker at his best. Playing silly. Watchable once.
How does it compare to Rush Hour 1 & 2 ?
Old 25th August 2007, 00:27   #290
Senior - BHPian

Heyy Babyy - Strictly average fare. Except Ritesh and Boman Irani , none of the actors impress. Absolutely disappointed by Vidya Balan. Akshay does what he has been doing for the past 4 years.

If you have nothing to do - go and watch it. Even if you don't , no sweat.

Verdict - 2/5.
Old 25th August 2007, 01:18   #291
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khanak View Post
How does it compare to Rush Hour 1 & 2 ?
Its comes at no.3 compared to the earlier two. Those were really good. This one you know they're simply trying make another rush hour. Its fun but only a one time watch.
Old 25th August 2007, 02:22   #292
Senior - BHPian

Watched Bourne Ultimatium over the weekend. Good movie and some good car chases also. (Toureg vs cop car) Overall not as great as the first two.
Old 25th August 2007, 08:57   #293
Senior - BHPian

I watched Ocean's 13 yesterday and liked it a lot

I was hoping it would be much better than Ocean's 12 (all style and no substance, pity), and 13 did not disappoint. There is a whole lot more of
planning and stuff (my Dad thought there was too much of it -- I didn't), before the actual push.

The ladies (Julia Roberts and Catherine Zeta-Jones) do not make a comeback (which is a good thing IMHO), but Al Pacino gets added to the cast.

It may not feel as good as the first (Ocean's 11), but I think it is a very very enjoyable watch, and a great movie on its own.

The movie actually reminded me (in a very positive way) very much of the classic The Sting, one of my favourite con-job movies, set in the gambling industry.

If you folks haven't watched The Sting (early 1970s, starring Robert Redford, Paul Newman and a whole lot of other very colourful characters), you should! There is a sequel The Sting II (early 80s) which has literally nothing to do with the first (and with an entirely different cast), but it is also very enjoyable, nonetheless. Mallus who watch The Sting will recognize a lot of snippets from the movie that have found their way into countless malayalam movies (mostly the old Priyadarshan ones).
Old 27th August 2007, 12:09   #294
Senior - BHPian

Heyy Babyy - Watched it yesterday on Sunday here at Fun Cinemas. Was doing nothing so I thought lets go watch it with wifey.

Its Ok Ok, there were 2 scenes in the first half which had everyone laughing so hard ( tears in the eyes ) - scenes worth mentioning.

The rest of the movie is very average.And as NC mentioned above - Vidya Balan - very average performance. Akshay Kumar of course was at his best again ( Hilarious ) and so was Riteish & Boman.

VERIDCT - 2/5 ( same as NC ) !!!

Actually to come think of it - We have a few actors in the film industry who have created their own niche and no one can come close to them also - Akshay Kumar, Riteish Deshmukh, Boman Irani, Rajpal Yadav, Irfaan Khan. They are the actors who bring the whole movie alive.
Old 27th August 2007, 12:30   #295
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkochar View Post
Its Ok Ok, there were 2 scenes in the first half which had everyone laughing so hard ( tears in the eyes ) - scenes worth mentioning.
yeah - loved the scene where Ritesh shouts in Marathi. and also the scene when Ritesh and Akshay dress up as Arabs in the scene where Fardeen is having lunch with Vidya and the scene immediately after that where Akshay tears his dress apart and comes in as a boxing match referee when Ritesh and fardeen start boxing.

Also Akshay's take off on Jeevan (yester year villian) was a typical Sajid Khan touch.
Old 27th August 2007, 12:37   #296
Senior - BHPian

Don't know if this qualifies for the thread..
Watched Season 1 & 2 of the HBO series Rome over the weekend. Liked it very much. Don't miss this one.
Old 27th August 2007, 12:42   #297
Senior - BHPian

Saw two movies over the weekend
Ratatouille : Excellent movie! Been ages since i left a cinema hall thinking, "now thats what i call a good movie". Outstanding animation has become a habit for Pixar, but this time even the story is very touching. Must watch for those who dont think animations are for kids only.
Transformers: Well, it started off well but became a bit of a drag after the second half. The story was patchy to say the least. It was one of those movies where u are supposed to leave ur brains back home. Teenagers might enjoy it though.
Old 27th August 2007, 12:47   #298
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj
Ratatouille : Excellent movie! Been ages since i left a cinema hall thinking, "now thats what i call a good movie". Outstanding animation has become a habit for Pixar, but this time even the story is very touching. Must watch for those who dont think animations are for kids only
I agree completely with you. The movie was really good. Only gripe is, the food looks irresistible. At one point, I was hoping I could be in that kitchen .
Old 27th August 2007, 13:54   #299
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
I agree completely with you. The movie was really good. Only gripe is, the food looks irresistible. At one point, I was hoping I could be in that kitchen.
hehehe... for me, the best scene was when the grim eater tastes Remy's Ratatouille... the change in expression and the flashback! Too good.

By the way, I also saw a few episodes from season 2 of South Park. Any South Park fans here?
I am currently downloading season 3.
Old 27th August 2007, 13:59   #300
BHPian

Ratatouille Rocks !

A big to Pixar & Disney.

Go and watch it with your family. IMO it is not just for kids. The details in the animation are mind boggling.

Wish we have such movies made in India !

Highly recommended.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks