Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 27th January 2009, 17:50   #2461
BHPian

Last Weekend saw Me, Myself & Irene!

Super gentle and mental comedy as the movie's tag line says "From gentle to mental"

Jim Carrey as in his best comedy acts!

Please watch this if you haven't

Rating: 3.5/ 5

Next was Sorry Bhai

A theme u might find reused and used from existing bollywood films but its shown in a very conventional way and so the characters!
Chitrangda Singh comes across as the most fascinating face to appear in Hindi cinema since a long long time.

Rating: 3/5

Lastly Dark knight!

I just watched it for Heath Ledger!

Background score "Why so serious" amazing...

Rating: 4/5
Old 27th January 2009, 18:11   #2462
Senior - BHPian

My point was something else guys.
Anyways any new good releases coming this weekend?
Old 27th January 2009, 19:23   #2463
Senior - BHPian

Any idea when The Wrestler (2008) is coming to India?
Old 28th January 2009, 07:18   #2464
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy View Post
I have seen the highway scene. Its awesome. How gory are the other 2 parts in comparison to the first?
The highway scene is the most awesome from the series and 2nd part is the best. The first is good, since the concept is novel then, but the third falls flat. I watched 2 and 3 back to back and was underwhelmed by the third.

I watched a wretched movie - Wrong turn 2(dead end). Highly avoidable, it is all blood and gore and human intestines. Guaranteed to make you give up your meal for a week. I am amazed there is an audience for such kind of extreme violence flicks. Ok now you must be wondering why I did watch it - I copied it from someone and had no idea what kind of movie it was. And once it started, I just took it as a challenge to see if I could watch it full.

Reminds me of another totally sick movie - Requiem for a Dream, though in a different way and probably it had a good message for the masses.
Old 28th January 2009, 10:19   #2465
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuttapan View Post
The highway scene is the most awesome from the series and 2nd part is the best. The first is good, since the concept is novel then, but the third falls flat. I watched 2 and 3 back to back and was underwhelmed by the third.

I watched a wretched movie - Wrong turn 2(dead end). Highly avoidable, it is all blood and gore and human intestines. Guaranteed to make you give up your meal for a week. I am amazed there is an audience for such kind of extreme violence flicks. Ok now you must be wondering why I did watch it - I copied it from someone and had no idea what kind of movie it was. And once it started, I just took it as a challenge to see if I could watch it full.

Reminds me of another totally sick movie - Requiem for a Dream, though in a different way and probably it had a good message for the masses.

Actually out adn out horror movies are better to watch than these gory movies. What is Wrong Turn 2 about anyways?
Old 28th January 2009, 11:14   #2466
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuttapan View Post
...Reminds me of another totally sick movie - Requiem for a Dream, though in a different way and probably it had a good message for the masses.
Though I agree with you about how uncomfortable the movie makes us, I liked this movie a lot.

I don't think any other movie has captured the frenzy or the desperation or the plain helplessness of the addict (and the others associated with the addict) so well.

Trainspotting came close, but could not touch the darkness and helplessness of Requiem for a Dream. Every element of this movie makes you writhe with the agony felt by the characters. The first time I watched it, I though there was no way I could watch it again, though I liked it so much. But I did watch it twice more.
Old 28th January 2009, 17:11   #2467
Distinguished - BHPian

Hmm, horror movie discussion, i am a fan of this genre.

Have a DVD of Wrong Turn 1 and it is pretty decent horror flick. Best part is its short and crisp and chills at regular intervals. North Carolina Woods picturized very nicely.

Another favorite movie in the horror genre is " Texas Chainsaw Massacre".I happen to see this movie in US and a lot of people were scrambling to run out of the theatre. Have a DVD too

I liked Hills Have Eyes 1. Whereas, 2nd part was kind of ok.

Also, liked the Grudge series, pretty scary.

However, i am yet to see the Hostel and SAW series. What are the reviews about them?
Old 28th January 2009, 21:48   #2468
Senior - BHPian

Today ,in a Malayalam news paper(manorama) ,there is a article by Arindam Choudhary shown as advertisement ,originally published in sunday mirror which accuses that this slumdog millionaire movie is another attempt to satisfy the fetish of whites to see India as Slum area and not developed .
I think ,everyone forgot that India is not growing equally.look at BIMARU etc where corruption ,rowdism are the norm.while look at southern/western states which are growing better.
Passionate About India: Don’t see “Slumdog Millionaire”. It sucks!- Arindam Chaudhuri
Agrees !

Last edited by deepclutch : 28th January 2009 at 22:04.
Old 28th January 2009, 21:50   #2469
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Even am a fan of the thriller/horror/slasher genre and zombie movies.
Most of my reviews are regarding such movies only.

Quote:
However, i am yet to see the Hostel and SAW series. What are the reviews about them?
Hostel 1 is good ,2 has very few interesting scenes and a repetitive story.
Except for the 5th installment of the Saw series all the others are worth watching.

Some movies which iv recently seen/reviewed.....

Midnight Meat Train - 4/5
Saw 5 - 2/5
Diary of the Dead - 3/5
Vacancy 2 - 1/5
My Bloody valentine - 3.5/5
Captivity - 3/5
Philosophy of a Knife - After the first torture scene ,i stopped the movie and cursed myself for downloading it.
Undoubtedly the most disgusting movie ever made ,AVOID.
Old 28th January 2009, 22:59   #2470
Distinguished - BHPian

Anybody saw "WindChill" which suprisingly is produced by George Clooney. It stars Emily Brunt. Planning to watch it tonight
Old 29th January 2009, 06:40   #2471
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Actually out adn out horror movies are better to watch than these gory movies. What is Wrong Turn 2 about anyways?
Yes horror movies are good if the spook you out, but I don't know what is the appeal in blood and gore.

About wrong turn 2, in the opening scene a wannabe actress is killed by an axe, splitting her body into two and her killers walking away with the parts, only to barbecue it later..Get the drift? It is about a mutated generation of people who have turned cannibals and a TV crew's encounter with them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrashok View Post
Though I agree with you about how uncomfortable the movie makes us, I liked this movie a lot.
Sick was the word I used. Uncomfortable comes pretty close, eh? As I said, the movie has a good message and it was probably well made.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post

Have a DVD of Wrong Turn 1 and it is pretty decent horror flick. Best part is its short and crisp and chills at regular intervals. North Carolina Woods picturized very nicely.

Another favorite movie in the horror genre is " Texas Chainsaw Massacre".I happen to see this movie in US and a lot of people were scrambling to run out of the theatre. Have a DVD too
I had Texas Chainsaw massacre and midnight meat train in my laptop, but deleted them without watching when I needed space. I don't think I want to watch more of this genre. I see no entertainment in these.
Old 29th January 2009, 22:42   #2472
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Watched Mamma Mia

It was good fun, all the old Abba songs. You could see the whole cast had pure fun doing this.
Loved it. Plan to get a DVD. The songs :X

One DVD to have in your car (if you have a nice ICE)

Quote:
Just back after watching Madagascar 2. Its a crazy ride. The penguins and King Julian rock. Watch it. Its really mad.
Odd story. Jolly one though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Kung Fu Panda (Animation)

I really loved this movie! The animation in this is top class, with a lot of humour thrown in for good measure. It is a certain entertainer with a story which although predctable is still not a bore.

It dwelves around a panda who dreams of becoming a Kung Fu expert, as against his father's dreams of him taking up their family noodle business. How he manages to overcome the odds up against him forms the storyline.

Worth a watch.

Benyboy Rating : ***1/2

Great kung Fu. Famous voices too. Will rate it better than the Madagascar 2.

House of Flying Dragger.

Great location. Another love story. Would sound great in a nice home theater setup.

Last edited by jkdas : 29th January 2009 at 22:51.
Old 29th January 2009, 22:59   #2473
Senior - BHPian

House of Flying Daggers - I watched it on pix channel IIRC.sadly ,missed out the ending(as usual when watching TV!).
Old 29th January 2009, 23:11   #2474
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Great kung Fu. Famous voices too. Will rate it better than the Madagascar 2.
Quite right. Madagascar was a cracker of a movie, with really good humour. The sequel as with most sequels was okie, but didnt really live up to my expectations.
Old 29th January 2009, 23:25   #2475

Slumdog Millionaire - what a wonderful movie to watch , nice pace always makes curious and what a story line and how they potray about jamal knowing the answers from the experiences
I say 4.5/5
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks