Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 5th August 2007, 05:38   #226
Senior - BHPian

Requiem for a dream - Saw it last week ,really amazing and hard hitting movie plus the soundtrack by Kronos Quartet is awesome.
Old 5th August 2007, 15:19   #227
BHPian

It did have lamborghini , but like many other cars, it was stationary and only door closing scene by ajay devgan was shown.

BTW which was that car which was used by Esha Deol when she was helping Ritesh Deshmukh to flee just after looting the painting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by khanak View Post
What hot cars?

Nissan 350z, BMW 1 series, BMW Z3, VW Beetle.

Partner had WAAAYY hotter cars including a Carrera GT
Old 5th August 2007, 23:29   #228
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by faithless_1984 View Post
Requiem for a dream - Saw it last week ,really amazing and hard hitting movie plus the soundtrack by Kronos Quartet is awesome.
The soundtrack (and the movie, of course) is one of my faves! Amazing music from mostly just violins. The music fits the mood of the movie to a T, doesn't it? And I've never felt music (esp. the signature tune) convey so much sadness, desperation and helplessness all rolled into one. Listening to it makes me go nuts, but I still keep wanting to listen to it again and again.

I watched The Fountain by Darren Aronofsky (the same director) and it was even more craziness-inducing. I felt odd all over, after the first watch and I had to watch it again the next day morning (sunday) to get my head clear. I like Requiem... more, though.

The Fountain happens on so many levels it needs to be savoured over time. I suspect it will be a great watch when you are stone-drunk (or stoned out of your mind). I can't be either so maybe I'm missing out on something there

The soundtrack was also really good, but again, I think Requiem... is better in that department too.
Old 6th August 2007, 10:16   #229
Senior - BHPian

Cash - Absolutely pathetic movie. No story, no music, no acting, nothing !

I was expecting a stylised movie and nothing more from the director after watching his DUS but this is bore to the core.

As for the cars - I see a whole lot of them in Mumbai except 1 or 2 and as for the cleavages - its not my idea of fun watching manly looking women with 6 pack abs trying to look hot by exposing cleavages. Call me old fashioned or whatever, I prefer my women curvy and girly , thats why I love Dia Mirza in the movie. As for Ayesha Takia - if she does not do anything more than these roles its by bye Bollywood for her.

And I will try and avoid any movie starring that Zayed Khan who calls himself an actor !! He is the PITS - Sunil Shetty is a class act compared to him.

My recommendation - ABSOLUTELY AVOIDABLE.

Last edited by normally_crazy : 6th August 2007 at 10:20.
Old 6th August 2007, 10:21   #230
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
I was expecting a stylised movie and nothing more from the director after watching his DUS but this is bore to the core.
And i was thinking DUS was the lowest one could stoop to in making a crappy movie !! Looks like the Anubhav Sinha has bettered his previous effort.
Old 6th August 2007, 12:28   #231
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
And I've never felt music (esp. the signature tune) convey so much sadness, desperation and helplessness all rolled into one. Listening to it makes me go nuts, but I still keep wanting to listen to it again and again.
I agree ,never thought i would like this kinda music but now am addicted to it...the sig tune is just too darn good.
Old 6th August 2007, 14:39   #232
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
And i was thinking DUS was the lowest one could stoop to in making a crappy movie !! Looks like the Anubhav Sinha has bettered his previous effort.
Even the songs, Dus Bahane and Deedar De were MUCH better than the songs in cash. Even the Deedar De video was so much better than the Item number in Cash (though the model in it was HOT)
Old 6th August 2007, 16:02   #233
Senior - BHPian

I knew Cash would be the pits thats why I chose to avoid it. The only movie I'm looking forward to is Transformers. Michael Bay and Speilberg killer combo. Plus will bring back childhood memories when I used to watch the animated series.
Old 7th August 2007, 04:07   #234
Senior - BHPian

Gandhi My Father

The film is based on the play Gandhi vs Gandhi which I think was directed by the same person who directed this film. I really enjoyed this film, excellent performances by all the actors. The person who plays Gandhi had also played the principle in Style and I am amazed by his performance in this movie, Akshaye Khanna too does an excellent job and the whole film really captivates you. The film doesnt make either Gandhi or his son seem right or wrong but makes you understand both their problems. One thing I really liked about this film is that nothing was overdone, They couldv easily filled the film with a lot more drama than they did but they didnt, the reactions to the dialogues and the dialogues themselves were perfect. Another thing I really liked about this film is its ending, They couldv really gotten carried away with it but they managed to hold on to it. Overall Brilliant film. I know a lot of people went out nd saw Cash instead of this this weekend which would be a BIG mistake. This isnt a film you want to miss.
Old 7th August 2007, 04:45   #235
Senior - BHPian

Just realized, some parts of Gandhi, my father reminded me of parts of Apaharan where the father's principals frustrate the son.
Old 9th August 2007, 20:16   #236
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrashok View Post
Quote:
The soundtrack (and the movie, of course) is one of my faves! Amazing music from mostly just violins. The music fits the mood of the movie to a T, doesn't it? And I've never felt music (esp. the signature tune) convey so much sadness, desperation and helplessness all rolled into one. Listening to it makes me go nuts, but I still keep wanting to listen to it again and again.
A brilliant movie. I also like the minimalist dialogues in scenes. Just the actions and the "hair-standing-on-end" type of music.

The raw sound of the violins (I think) gives it a chilling feeling.
Old 10th August 2007, 11:11   #237
BHPian

Any body going for Rush hour 3???? please review it..... will still see it if the review is bad...
Old 10th August 2007, 21:57   #238
Senior - BHPian

Chak De India

Just back from Chak De. And I simply loved it. Although from the moment the movie starts you know how and when it will end - you simply want to sit and watch it.

Shahrukh holds sway over proceedings while all the girls are perfect. the hockey action actually manages to look like its played and not at all tacky.
Although at points you feel that cinematic liberty has been taken - but all you want to do is shout and cheer. And even though half the theatre was empty - all the people inside were clapping and cheering when India wins matches. I feel the movie should pick up by word of mouth, lets see.

If you are Patriotic, a sportsman or a sports lover - you dont want to miss this one.

verdict - 4/5. DO NOT MISS.

Last edited by normally_crazy : 10th August 2007 at 21:58.
Old 10th August 2007, 22:15   #239
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
Chak De India

Just back from Chak De. And I simply loved it. Although from the moment the movie starts you know how and when it will end - you simply want to sit and watch it.

Shahrukh holds sway over proceedings while all the girls are perfect. the hockey action actually manages to look like its played and not at all tacky.
Although at points you feel that cinematic liberty has been taken - but all you want to do is shout and cheer. And even though half the theatre was empty - all the people inside were clapping and cheering when India wins matches. I feel the movie should pick up by word of mouth, lets see.

If you are Patriotic, a sportsman or a sports lover - you dont want to miss this one.

verdict - 4/5. DO NOT MISS.
Thats good to hear. There wasn't the usual hype every movie of SRK gets here in the US. Heard that he got his a** kicked by the girls during the shooting, since they had been training for a while and SRK was out of form..
Old 10th August 2007, 22:27   #240
Senior - BHPian

Chak De India

This is one of the few sports films made in Bollywood, other than Lagaan, Some may say Tararumpum was a sports movie but I dont really think so. Thus this is not really something Bollywood is used to making but I must say that the Chak De India team did a wonderful job.The director's previous film Ab Tak Chappan which IMO was BRILLIANTand so I really expected a lot from the movie , One thing I really liked about the movie was how realistic it felt, All the hockey players really seemed authentic and really depicted India accurately. SRK's performance was superb and he really carried the entire movie on his shoulders although he may have overacted a weee bit in some scenes. Other than him the other actors also performed really well. Like I said before the diversity of the players really added to the film, Players from different backgrounds and different parts of India have to adjust to each other and play together and this is where the movie really does well.I dont think any of the other actors have acted in films before(other than the Coach's assistant ) and their rawness is quite evident. This however isnt a negative, and helps their performance. The film is wrapped up pretty well, though maybe a little predictable and filmy as N_C pointed out. Maybe the scene with SRK coming back to his house couldv been avoided and replaced with a scene of him trading his scooter in for a Santro/Alto or the girls gettign a sponsorship deal or somthing couldv been added

Unlike N_C I wouldnt call this a patriotic movie. Its a film that inspires for sure, but doesnt inspire patriotic feelings, sure the film is about the Indian team, but it couldv been based in any other country and been just the same. The main message of the film IMO is that anything is possible with the right attitude and this is what you really take with you when you when you leave the theatre.

Conclusion - 4/5 Definately the movie to watch this week as Im not expecting too much out of the other movies releasing this week including "The Blue Umbrella" or "Kaafila" though Rush Hour 3 might be good.

Last edited by khanak : 10th August 2007 at 22:31.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks