Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 19th January 2009, 15:04   #2371
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
@ Dippy and F450: I am not telling you about the umbrella scene. On my friends recommendation, I am faking "short term memory loss" after seeing the movie to avoid discussing it.
Eddy don't be mean please. How can you deprive them from the USP of the film
Old 19th January 2009, 17:18   #2372
Team-BHP Support

Got this as a forward:

China to declare WAR with India after watching CC2C.

Reliable sources have informed that China has given 48 hours to India for withdrawing CC2C from theaters after watching the horrible movie. China does not want its name associated with a piece of Sh*t like CC2C. In unconfirmed reports, China is willing to give up it claim to Arunachal Pradesh if \"China\" is removed from the movie\'s name.

Chinese fatwa has been released for all associated with CC2C. Many indians who have seen the movie in multiplexes and spent upto Rs 350/- per ticket are discreetly supporting this fatwa.

Meanwhile, in a related development, Ram Gopal Verma has denied suggestions that he ghost directed the movie. He has expressed interest in directing the sequel Chandni Chowk to Africa on the condition that Ramesh Sippy (producer of CC2C) declare that his Sholay was infact inspired by RGV ke Sholay and not the other way round. Ramesh Sippy was unavailable for comment since he has gone underground in view of the fatwa.
Old 21st January 2009, 00:02   #2373
Senior - BHPian

Switched channels and stopped on Star Gold - screening "Zindagi Rocks"

I don't know what wrong I did this day that I had to bear an OTT Sushmita Sen and Moushmi Chatterjee - Sush trying to play the guitar and an embarrassed looking Shiney Ahuja !!
Old 21st January 2009, 01:57   #2374
Senior - BHPian

That was a good one Eddy, two thumbs up for the fatwa he he.
Old 21st January 2009, 02:38   #2375
Senior - BHPian

Watched Vacancy 2 today and really regretting it.
The first movie was great ,it was scary and kept you on the edge of your seat but this one....well lets just say that it works faster then a sleeping pill.
NO suspense at all ,they reveal the whole plot ,motive ,the killers ,there plans etc etc in the fist half of the movie ,no wait make that the first 10 mins.!
So you just sit and wait for the movie/torture to end.

1.5/5

Last edited by faithless_1984 : 21st January 2009 at 02:40.
Old 21st January 2009, 02:54   #2376
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
Switched channels and stopped on Star Gold - screening "Zindagi Rocks"

I don't know what wrong I did this day that I had to bear an OTT Sushmita Sen and Moushmi Chatterjee - Sush trying to play the guitar and an embarrassed looking Shiney Ahuja !!
I dun rem bad memories but dis one i do rem cos i watched in a HALL
Old 21st January 2009, 03:01   #2377
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilkalvani View Post
his dumb movies like singh is king, welcome, etc. seem like classics. Utter Nonsensical Garbage! I need to go for Vipassna... mentally disturbing movie... i want to sue them for mental torture.
AK Rating:
#@#%$%% / 5
Boy! now my curiosity is aroused. I have to see this movie just to laugh at its stupidity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
Just finished watching Ghajini in Tamil on Sun TV.
I've got one thing: Aamir Khan doesn't hold a candle to Surya's performance.
I can't believe this movie made 200 crores.
I saw it with an open mind, but I have to agree...Surya easily beats Aamir when it comes to playing that role...both during the romance with Asin as well as after her murder. I saw a couple of interviews with Aamir and he himself was not completely satisfied with his performance. I think the movie succeeded because of the timing and the promotion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam_boy View Post
I feel this movie is much over hyped. I do not dare to say the acting was not up to the mark, but I felt the movie was streched a bit.
SM was another shock. Did'nt find anything worthy of any award.
Yes, Slumdog M showed the flith of Indian Slums in gory detail. But what can we do about it ? Its true, places like that exist and people live in them. We have to blame ourselves and our government for not cleaning it up.
Was it necessary in the movie to tell the story...I dont think so. Was the director trying to make a point by showing it in gory detail...yes I think so, but I dont know what that point is.
Now if they made a false representation of the facts by purposely dirtying the place, then we can criticize them.
But I do have an issue with the one scene. The event that happens before Amitab Bacchan gives his autograph is pretty disgusting and I dont think something like that ever happens in India. Shame on the Indian director and the Indian crew for not speaking up.
And lastly, its very much AB's business to make a comment on the movie, because they have used his name in it and show him giving that autograph. (which he may have refused to do so in real life)

Last edited by Mpower : 21st January 2009 at 03:03.
Old 21st January 2009, 09:49   #2378
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
But I do have an issue with the one scene. The event that happens before Amitab Bacchan gives his autograph is pretty disgusting and I dont think something like that ever happens in India. Shame on the Indian director and the Indian crew for not speaking up.
That scene is somewhat of a Danny Boyle's signature scene. I take it you have not seen Trainspotting by the same director. There is a very similar scene in that movie too, and its shot and filmed in UK.
Old 21st January 2009, 10:56   #2379
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
And lastly, its very much AB's business to make a comment on the movie, because they have used his name in it and show him giving that autograph. (which he may have refused to do so in real life)
Quote:
Mumbai, Not many know "Slumdog Millionaire" is directed by not Danny Boyle alone. Loveleen Tandon is the film's co-director and she says she isn't perturbed by Boyle stealing all the limelight internationally.
There was an interview from this person on Zoom, and she was oh-so-gushing about how the scene mentioned above was her favourite.

So, we cant blame Doyle alone for it.

Link : http://www.bollywoodworld.com/news/bwnews.php?subaction=showfull&id=1231746233&archiv e==
Old 21st January 2009, 13:23   #2380
Senior - BHPian

Btw isnt the movie based on a Novel by an Indian? So why blame the director before reading the novel?
Old 21st January 2009, 13:39   #2381
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
Btw isnt the movie based on a Novel by an Indian? So why blame the director before reading the novel?

Because the actual movie and the novel differ a lot. I read a news item in which the writer says that in his novel, the hero stays in the slum only at the end of the book, whereas the movie is mainly about the slum. The book does not give that much of a importance to the slum.
Old 21st January 2009, 13:43   #2382
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanthisgreat View Post
Because the actual movie and the novel differ a lot. I read a news item in which the writer says that in his novel, the hero stays in the slum only at the end of the book, whereas the movie is mainly about the slum. The book does not give that much of a importance to the slum.
IIRC, there was an atricle in the TOI Sunday edition about the book Q&A, on which SM is based. There, although i didnt read the entire article, i remember a quote from the author saying he is happy with the movie.

Was it becuse of the royalties he gets in return, now that the movie is doing well?
Old 21st January 2009, 14:01   #2383
Senior - BHPian

The book Q&A is now being sold with the name "Slumdog Millionaire" on the jacket with "formerly titled Q&A" printed under it. The book must be enjoying good sales now. No reason why he (or the publishers) shouldn't be happy with the movie, heh heh.
Old 21st January 2009, 15:44   #2384
BHPian

When discussing Slumdog Millionaire, this has to be read to be believed!

Defamation case against A R Rahman, Anil Kapoor-Patna-Cities-The Times of India

The things that people will do to gain publicity.
Old 21st January 2009, 15:52   #2385
Senior - BHPian

Guys can we have some new reviews please instead of discussing this again and again.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks