Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 16th January 2009, 17:41   #2326
Senior - BHPian

Then Eddy maybe you should watch the president is coming.. you might just like it...coz i didnt
Jokes apart, actually its a very personal choice, i agree. I too thought andaz apna apna was brilliant and so was Phir bhi dil hai Hindustani, buta lot of people thought they were crap.

I hope chandni chowk to china lives up to its name. I didnt much care for both, Rab ne bana di jodi or Ghajini except for amir's acting and convincing body.
Old 16th January 2009, 17:48   #2327
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
Then Eddy maybe you should watch the president is coming.. you might just like it...coz i didnt
Have you seen Maan gaye mughal-e-azam ?
Old 16th January 2009, 17:56   #2328
Senior - BHPian

CC2C

This is one confused movie !! They have tried to stuff comedy in each and every scene - loud OTT comedy - that works in 2 and a half scenes and falls flat for the rest of the movie.

It's Bollywood's oldest formula re-visited - lost and found , memory loss suddenly coming back - sigh and it's PATHETIC. Everything is LOUD , LOUDER , LOUDEST.

The acting ain't great too - the music ain't great too - the editing ain't great too - the direction is pathetic. The movie is too long and the scenes never seem to end. The climax is the peak of patheticness !!

Verdict - 1/5
- Give it a miss.
Old 16th January 2009, 17:59   #2329
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Have you seen Maan gaye mughal-e-azam ?
Watched it on cable yesterday - 2nd time - loved it !!
Old 16th January 2009, 18:06   #2330
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
Watched it on cable yesterday - 2nd time - loved it !!
Same to Same

And I am sure my verdict on CC2C is gonna be the same as yours. I am already depressed at the thought of sitting through the 3 hr traume. Fortunately, I have the company of a large group of friends so hopefully will laugh at the stupidity of the movie than the jokes ala Tashan.
Old 16th January 2009, 18:21   #2331
Senior - BHPian

My bad luck. Bought tickets for CC2C yestrday and today all these reviews.
Thinking of selling the tickets.
Old 16th January 2009, 18:40   #2332
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
My bad luck. Bought tickets for CC2C yestrday and today all these reviews.
Thinking of selling the tickets.
Word of advice - Don't sell it to a friend! (unless you want it otherwise)

With all the bad review, you might just get some curses from the person to who you sell the tickets! Be prepared!
Old 16th January 2009, 18:57   #2333
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
Word of advice - Don't sell it to a friend! (unless you want it otherwise)

With all the bad review, you might just get some curses from the person to who you sell the tickets! Be prepared!
All friends are going with me only
There r some crazy Akshay lovers in my group so will be hard to convince them and sell tickets
Old 16th January 2009, 19:22   #2334
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
CC2C

This is one confused movie !! They have tried to stuff comedy in each and every scene - loud OTT comedy - that works in 2 and a half scenes and falls flat for the rest of the movie.

It's Bollywood's oldest formula re-visited - lost and found , memory loss suddenly coming back - sigh and it's PATHETIC. Everything is LOUD , LOUDER , LOUDEST.

The acting ain't great too - the music ain't great too - the editing ain't great too - the direction is pathetic. The movie is too long and the scenes never seem to end. The climax is the peak of patheticness !!

Verdict - 1/5
- Give it a miss.
My money is saved Yay !! This should be out on Big Flix soon . Will catch it then
Old 16th January 2009, 20:01   #2335
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
CC2C

Verdict - 1/5 - Give it a miss.
Dammit !!! Thanks NC atleast I am prepared to sit through it now that I dont have a choice. Leaving all expectations at home and going for the movie in a while. Pray for me people.
Of all the reviews by TOI why did this one have to be right?

Last edited by sammyboy : 16th January 2009 at 20:02.
Old 16th January 2009, 20:10   #2336
Senior - BHPian

Something encouraging to read for those who have already bought tickets for CC2C

Quote:
January 15, 2009 13:30 IST
The buzz for Warner Bros's first Hindi language film Chandni Chowk To China [Images] is very big, and as a review in the San Jose Mercury predicts the movie could make Akshay Kumar [Images] a global star.

Trade pundits say they would not be surprised if it flies past the estimated $38 million Ghajini [Images], the Aamir Khan-starrer,

Source
Btw on a serious note I think TOI is highly influenced by SRK or Yash Raj becasue I particularly oberved that the Reviews for Ghajini & CC2C are published the very next day while for Rab ne it was published after one week

Last edited by Technocrat : 16th January 2009 at 20:17.
Old 16th January 2009, 21:35   #2337
Senior - BHPian

what is happening :shocked: ?CC2C is released on my town!normally it wont be.
Old 16th January 2009, 21:54   #2338
rippergeo

Saw CC2C, I loved all the comedy bits. Laughed enough to have the other patrons of the cinema hall stare at me like I was mad. Hated the senti bits though. I found the Action scenes well done. Dont expect the laws of physics to be obeyed in a Bollywood chinese martial arts movie, though.

I dont think the movie takes itself very seriously, and neither should we, I was not bored at any point, I promise you that. This coming from a long time Hindi movie despiser(sic).

Suspend all disbelief, leave your brains at the ticket counter, ENJOY!
PS- Miss Padukone is very easy on the eye, and that helps no end!

Old 17th January 2009, 02:36   #2339
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
CC2C

Verdict - 1/5 - Give it a miss.
N_C, you gave the movie one star ? ONE star ? It deserves a zero.

Pathetically cliched & very loud and forced humor. There is absolutely no story so to say, but even as a senseless comedy the movie is pure and stinky crap. The less said about the acting, the better.

Picture this. Friday night show at PVR Gurgaon. A houseful show. And the entire hall was hooting away to glory, laughing uncontrollably at the movie, clapping sarcastically. I have never seen a reasonably upmarket crowd behave this way in a movie hall, but lets just say that the movie deserved it.

PS: The umberella scene was just

Good points: Deepika's advertisement. A couple of Akshay's punchlines and the five minute training schedule.

Please please totally avoid. Sit at home and stare at the ceiling fan instead for three hours, I am sure thats more interesting.
Old 17th January 2009, 02:52   #2340
Senior - BHPian

^thanks for the info
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks